HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Centers

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 09:10 AM
coyote

vCash: 500
Centers

Where in the hell does the Oilers keep getting these small and weak centers from. Now they bring this new kid in from Toronto who fits the same mold as what we already have. He seems to have some skills but can't win any battles on the boards or in front of the net just like the rest of them. We need a bigger guy who can throw his weight around and be a force out there. Look at our centers size and you will see why we are not successful. Horcoff, Reasoner, Oates, Stoll and now Bishia. To dominate we have to get some bigger guys then these.

Old
02-01-2004, 09:40 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

we do have some bigger centers...they're in our prospects system right now.
I miss Dougie Weight. if he was here we'd still be competing for a playoff spot

Old
02-01-2004, 04:00 PM
mrush

im sure ninimaki* and pouilot will play next season if there is a season. i hope they do because i just want to see talent on this team.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Oiltalk

Both will be playing in the AHL, before the Oilers. They are pretty young as well. I give it at least 2 years, before either of them makes the team.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:28 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Both will be playing in the AHL, before the Oilers. They are pretty young as well. I give it at least 2 years, before either of them makes the team.
i wouldnt say 2 years. it could be next year if kevin lowe is stupid again not to get a decent centre. its a gm's job to get a player when we need them. you see philly pull a trigger to get a D because they were limited. you see other teams make trades because they have injury and need to compete with the best of the NHL.

the oilers have lost at centre, marchant (who we should have kept if we knew comrie was gone for sure), comrie, and york to injury. kevin lowe instead of getting a decent centre signs oates, may be a good veteran but shouldnt even be playing in teh NHL. kevin lowe should have actually gotten a centre who could play at the high level and be productive. last year he got dopita this year oates. it wouldnt surprise me if we got another bum for a centre next year.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
I'd be willing to bet that Niinimaki makes the Oilers next season. If he is healthy.

Closed Thread