HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price named NHL's 1st star of the week

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
  #26
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, the guy hasn't even been a starting goalie for an entire year yet. Definitely no where near enough to anoint a guy as an Olympic goaltender. Especially since we've seen this from Leafs goalies before and then they fade into oblivion.
Potvin vs. Roy lol

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 03:39 PM
  #27
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,127
vCash: 200
Dreger is literally the worst. For anyone who actually likes him, go sit in the stands when his kid is playing and then reassess your opinion

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 04:04 PM
  #28
ottawahabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Speaking of Dreger, I found this gem online: ‏@Hope_Smoke 4h

Dreger "it was easy to be critical of Price outside of his last 8 games where he brought his A game"

If this is an accurate quote, the guy only looked at stats and didn't watch the games.

ottawahabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 04:24 PM
  #29
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawahabs View Post
Speaking of Dreger, I found this gem online: ‏@Hope_Smoke 4h

Dreger "it was easy to be critical of Price outside of his last 8 games where he brought his A game"

If this is an accurate quote, the guy only looked at stats and didn't watch the games.
Dreger's a dumbass.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 05:12 PM
  #30
The Russian General
Go Habs Go
 
The Russian General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MTL
Posts: 12,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Dreger's a dumbass.
Can't stand that mother****er.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 11:23 PM
  #31
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,791
vCash: 500
Just in time for the Olymics. They have no choice now.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:55 AM
  #32
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,851
vCash: 500
"Lars Eller would have gotten it if he would have played 23 minutes a game"

- Guess the author.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:03 AM
  #33
Marc9
Registered User
 
Marc9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Well deserved !!

Marc9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 07:35 AM
  #34
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
"Sources within Hockey Canada tell me that Jonathan Bernier was 'very close' to securing a roster spot at the Olympics, possibly even at the expense of Carey Price. It is not believed the Leafs are shopping Bernier, but one league source tells me a trade involving Bernier would return a 1st round pick, a roster player, and a top prospect."

Pretty easy, honestly.
haha, was going to post something almost exactly like this before seeing it. Goes to show how predictable the talking head of Dregs has become.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:55 PM
  #35
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,265
vCash: 500
Why wasn't Bernier selected? The psychedelics wore off just in time.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:59 PM
  #36
Godzilla
Registered User
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So far he hasn't impress me, but I will give him a chance cause he said when I feel we're ready i'll make the moves. We'll see if he has the balls to make a few moves and it starts in 3 weeks and see if he moves veterans like Gionta, Murray or even Markov


Oh, I am sure he has the balls. The question is, which GM is stupid enough to take them at any price?

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:33 PM
  #37
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
Its interesting that two out of the three Canadian goalies are known to known to move the puck very well. I wonder how much of an impact that element has into the decision making of who should be the #1.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:36 PM
  #38
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Its interesting that two out of the three Canadian goalies are known to known to move the puck very well. I wonder how much of an impact that element has into the decision making of who should be the #1.
Close to none. They're going to choose with favoritism once again and give it to Luongo, as pathetic as it might be. Hope I'm wrong.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:43 PM
  #39
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Close to none. They're going to choose with favoritism once again and give it to Luongo, as pathetic as it might be. Hope I'm wrong.
Giving it to luongo at this point would be a move based on loyalty, and we saw what happened to the 2006 team when loyalty seemed paramount. That is unless price completely blows his first start and luongo doesn't.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:24 PM
  #40
Physical HABuse
Registered User
 
Physical HABuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
For your reading pleasure.....in case it wasn't posted in another thread:

http://www.canada.com/olympics/news/...p-goalie-88472

Here's hoping for more big things in Sochi from "Pricey".

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:30 PM
  #41
Brainiac
Registered User
 
Brainiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,251
vCash: 552
Funny how this thread is only 2 pages long so far!

Price is having a great year and let's hope he won't be left alone to carry the team come playoffs time.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
  #42
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
As I alluded to in my earlier post. All Price discussion are fueled by hatters, not supporters.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 10:07 PM
  #43
Pricenyuk
Montreal961
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
So far he hasn't impress me, but I will give him a chance cause he said when I feel we're ready i'll make the moves. We'll see if he has the balls to make a few moves and it starts in 3 weeks and see if he moves veterans like Gionta, Murray or even Markov
Only one of those three guys are moveable. If anybody wanted Murray, they would have signed him for 1.5 mill in the offseason, and he hasn't really done anything to raise his value. I doubt anything of value would be returned if he were actually moved. He is only on a one year contract at a cap hit of 1.5 mill, so I doubt that trading him is a priority, and definitely wouldn't change much even if he were dealt.

As much as I would like for Gionta to be traded, I seriously doubt anybody would trade for him, especially at a cap hit of 5 million. Too many teams are already against the cap, and would most likely be against the idea of moving anybody with any value for Gionta. We might be able to get a B prospect or a late pick for him if we retain salary, but that's about it. He isn't necessarily the guy teams are looking for at the deadline. Realistic scenario is that he walks at the end of the season, which is good enough for me. God forbidding we re-sign him.

Markov is the only real option in terms of trade out of the three players. We could net a substantial return that could definitely help the habs moving forward. I believe many teams would be interested in acquiring such a guy at the deadline.

I don't understand all of the hate for Bergevin to be honest. The hate is completely unwarranted as far as I'm concerned. Every trade and signing has to be judged in context, which many people forget. I seriously think people will be eating their own words in about 2 or 3 years when this team has been molded into a contending team.

It's not about having the balls to make a trade, its about what the return is for the trade, and what the implications of those trades will be. I'd rather MB hold off on any moves that don't make our team better, or that gear up to make our team better in the future, than make panic moves (Cough*Gauthier*Cough) and accept anything he can get for a player at that point in time. MB has a specific value set for every player, and if that value isn't met in a trade, he isn't going to pull the trigger. Simple as that.

/ Thread Hijack

I'm was happy to see Price getting recognized for his stellar play this season, specifically in the past couple of weeks. Hopefully he rides this momentum into the Olympics as Team Canada's starting goaltender, which he very well should be IMO.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 10:34 PM
  #44
bras meurtris
rise in darkness
 
bras meurtris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 213
vCash: 3380
Carey Price from now on this year, and for the 10 next, will be the dominant force in the net that we are actually seeing.

Man that would be so nice.

Being set with that level of goaltending all the time no more question, no more doubt, no more hate, we have one of the best we know it, he's elite out there every games for us.

Now just build a proper team around so we can win some****.

bras meurtris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 11:07 PM
  #45
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Dreger is literally the worst. For anyone who actually likes him, go sit in the stands when his kid is playing and then reassess your opinion
What is he doing when he's watching his kid?

Don't tell me this guy works at TSN and screams like an idiot at the ice rink? Or screams at the refs?

Omfg.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 11:36 PM
  #46
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricenyuk View Post
Only one of those three guys are moveable. If anybody wanted Murray, they would have signed him for 1.5 mill in the offseason, and he hasn't really done anything to raise his value. I doubt anything of value would be returned if he were actually moved. He is only on a one year contract at a cap hit of 1.5 mill, so I doubt that trading him is a priority, and definitely wouldn't change much even if he were dealt.

As much as I would like for Gionta to be traded, I seriously doubt anybody would trade for him, especially at a cap hit of 5 million. Too many teams are already against the cap, and would most likely be against the idea of moving anybody with any value for Gionta. We might be able to get a B prospect or a late pick for him if we retain salary, but that's about it. He isn't necessarily the guy teams are looking for at the deadline. Realistic scenario is that he walks at the end of the season, which is good enough for me. God forbidding we re-sign him.

Markov is the only real option in terms of trade out of the three players. We could net a substantial return that could definitely help the habs moving forward. I believe many teams would be interested in acquiring such a guy at the deadline.

I don't understand all of the hate for Bergevin to be honest. The hate is completely unwarranted as far as I'm concerned. Every trade and signing has to be judged in context, which many people forget. I seriously think people will be eating their own words in about 2 or 3 years when this team has been molded into a contending team.

It's not about having the balls to make a trade, its about what the return is for the trade, and what the implications of those trades will be. I'd rather MB hold off on any moves that don't make our team better, or that gear up to make our team better in the future, than make panic moves (Cough*Gauthier*Cough) and accept anything he can get for a player at that point in time. MB has a specific value set for every player, and if that value isn't met in a trade, he isn't going to pull the trigger. Simple as that.

/ Thread Hijack

I'm was happy to see Price getting recognized for his stellar play this season, specifically in the past couple of weeks. Hopefully he rides this momentum into the Olympics as Team Canada's starting goaltender, which he very well should be IMO.
Here is where the ball stops rolling...

So what do you think we could get for Markov?

Anything below a top-15 or a top prospect ready for NHL would be stupid.

Do you think we can get a prospect who could be top-6 (or top-4 in defense) within two years?

For now, only the Sens gave up their first round pick in the Ryan vs Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen trade.
But Ryan had more value than Markov because his contract was running for many years.

Obviously, it would have to be a contender because a team who won't make the PO will not trade for Markov on a UFA year.
So it has to be on the top-50 prospects from a team who wants to make the PO... Who do you see in that list?
Coyle, Subban, Dumba, Forsberg, Ristolainen, Kreider, Bjugstad, Despres?

What is substantial value?

Edit: I do agree that Murray and Gionta won't bring us anything.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 12:11 AM
  #47
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
As I alluded to in my earlier post. All Price discussion are fueled by hatters, not supporters.
So true.

We tend only to post incessantly about things that bother us. Kind of like the phenomenon of side effects (of a drug, let's say) being disproportionately weighted compared to the lack thereof, on the internet.

We all know Carey is godly this year and is amazingly getting better each day.

Feels good (man) that everyone recognizes this.

Now...the comments about PK re: Team Canada, by the other Canadians...oh boi

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
  #48
Pricenyuk
Montreal961
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Here is where the ball stops rolling...

So what do you think we could get for Markov?

Anything below a top-15 or a top prospect ready for NHL would be stupid.

Do you think we can get a prospect who could be top-6 (or top-4 in defense) within two years?

For now, only the Sens gave up their first round pick in the Ryan vs Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen trade.
But Ryan had more value than Markov because his contract was running for many years.

Obviously, it would have to be a contender because a team who won't make the PO will not trade for Markov on a UFA year.
So it has to be on the top-50 prospects from a team who wants to make the PO... Who do you see in that list?
Coyle, Subban, Dumba, Forsberg, Ristolainen, Kreider, Bjugstad, Despres?

What is substantial value?

Edit: I do agree that Murray and Gionta won't bring us anything.
If Markov is moved, I would expect nothing more than a B+\ A- prospect, or a mid first round pick. However, I said we could, as in its possible, to get a team to overpay for Markov. Is getting a 1st round pick and a good prospect a realistic return? I'm not sure it is. But would I be absolutely baffled if we managed to net that kind of return? Not necessarily. I was using the term "substantial" in relation to what we would get for Murray and Gionta. We would get next to nothing for those guys, and anything of value we could get for Markov would be considered substantial compared to the garbage we would get for Murray and Gionta. I wasn't saying we would land a top 10 pick and an NHL ready prospect who could fit into our top 6 right away.

Most contending teams wont want to break the bank for Markov, and no Rebuilding team will dish out assets for him either. However, it only takes one team who is willing to take that extra step in order to gear up for the playoffs for a good deal to be made.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.