HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

new lines in practice...

Old
02-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Nich

vCash: 500

i say we suit her up as jagr's center

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:14 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I won't go that far, but I'd rather see Straka there than Krog, and I'm not a fan of Straka at center.

It would be hard to argue that Immonen is a downgrade on anybody other than Nylander right now.
You don't think that Betts would work better than Krog in that line scenario. I think he could do some good things with Hossa and Jagr to the left and right of him.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post

i say we suit her up as jagr's center
permission to salivate

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

And finally Renney is breaking up Shanny and Jagr on the PP and holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes putting Cullen at the point on the second unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I'm ok with Hossa playing with Jagr because he has the skill to play with him. But Krog, even though I like him and think he's done a serviceable job here so far, he whiffed on way too many rebound chances the other night against the Devils to be centering Jags.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
seriously....the only reason i wish i could go to the garden right now......hell i'll fight avery for her
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...20Elisha&seq=8

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ert-toro-1.jpg

pretty cute

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9 View Post
hey Larry, I was going to shoot you a PM but it looks like your not turned on to recieve them so I was wondering if your going to the Caps game Sat in DC?

I'm heading down for the weekend and I'm in sec 120 in the 4th row off the glass..we should grab a beer if your going.
Hey JR, would love to and was actually thinking about going to the game but got both an all day wreslting tournament and a soccer tryout to attend....Damn kids...have fun..I've been to a few Cap games..They play a spirited game and boith Semin and Ovechkin are fun to watch...And I'm sure Orr will be in for Brashear.

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
You don't think that Betts would work better than Krog in that line scenario. I think he could do some good things with Hossa and Jagr to the left and right of him.
Well, he was never able to get Shanny the puck, so I'm not sure what will be different about playing with Jagr on his right instead. Just a guess on my part though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Nich

Old
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
LamborGREENie

These should be the lines:

Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Jagr
Straka-Krog-Ortmeyer
Hossa-Betts-Hollweg

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Well, he was never able to get Shanny the puck, so I'm not sure what will be different about playing with Jagr on his right instead. Just a guess on my part though.
I'd think he'd feel less pressure since Jagr likes to carry the puck so much and he'd get into the flow more, instead of just making ugly passes and dumping the puck, he might actually get some on ice clarity of vision, and become more productive. I still think Betts is a better player than hes shown us.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
dank

you get Hossa who like Jagr can carry the puck around.. why are they on the same line..?

you get a speedy Cullen and speedy Straka.. why are they on the same line?

why is Prucha on the 4th line?

why is Krog still here?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Idk how Krog has been playing. Jagr can turn a bad playuer into a productive one though. Id give him a lil time. Krog could very wellcatch onto playing with this guy. Somtimes learning to play with your linemates and utilze them is half the game bing played. Good teams learn to mesh.

IF i repeat IF any of your guys were kept with Jagr for half a season you would know who fits and who dosnt.

BTW, why are Jagr and Straka separated? When I used to watch the ?Pens these guys were unbelievable beside each other. I actually always looked at Straka as a mediocre player, but with the right linemates a great one. He had nice speed and was one of few guys the pens could get to keep up with Jags.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DontStaal

Nich

haha.. but seriously, If Renney mixes up the lines like last time, we'll see different combinations. So I wouldn't take those as permanent.

EDIT: I know we got a lot of computer guys here. How bout editing Ms. Avery into rangers uni!?!

Last edited by DontStaal: 02-08-2007 at 03:36 PM.
DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPlayer101 View Post
These should be the lines:

Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Jagr
Straka-Krog-Ortmeyer
Hossa-Betts-Hollweg
Money, I dont mind those. And I dont mind Krog as 2nd line center either. Problem is Cullen had his chance. No reason why Krog cant have a shot.

Funny how Avery isn't even a 2nd line winger, but no one even blinks when he's on the first line.

Some of you guys make it seem like the Rangers haven't lost a game all season and Renney is intentionally setting them up to fail.

02-08-2007, 03:35 PM
nyr7andcounting

Glad to see they're splitting up the Straka-Nylander-Jagr line.

Those lines don't look bad except for Krog. If we had a solid player instead of him our 12 forwards would be pretty freegin good right now

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
oh God these lines are brutal. I know this team needs more balanced scoring but Straka's effectiveness decreases immensely when he's taken off of Jagr's line. Nylander and Straka suffer more by being removed from Jagr than Krog and Hossa improve by being added to him. Bad idea by Renney.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I still think Betts is a better player than hes shown us.
But I don't think he's a better playmaker than he's shown though.

Ideally, I think you're better off giving Jagr a puck carrying center who can get him the puck when he finds his space and time.

That said, if Betts consistently goes to the net on inevitable Jagr shots from the outside, he's bound to find some garbage down there. I don't really think he has it in him though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Levitate

Quote:
I understand Renneys thinking, but its still hard to swallow the idea of krog on the second line. Renney is trying to balance the offense and spread the scorers out, but like I said, Krog as second line center is really hard to justify, I'd rather see Betts there than Krog.
Rather than highlighting any coaching deficiencies of Renny's, this highlights the huge lack of depth the Rangers have at center.

If it's not Krog, it's Betts, who's just as out of position there. If it's not either of them, it's Cullen, who has already failed in that spot for all intents and purposes.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Rather than highlighting any coaching deficiencies of Renny's, this highlights the huge lack of depth the Rangers have at center.

If it's not Krog, it's Betts, who's just as out of position there. If it's not either of them, it's Cullen, who has already failed in that spot for all intents and purposes.
And why the move all along should have been either trading for a 2nd C or letting a youngster run with it..Given that, IMO, IMMO is lacking and Dubinsky could use more development in the AHL, that left the trade as the only option. Unless, we completley tank in the next week, I still think we make that deal but I also think it might be too late now...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Fletch

It does highlight...

the lack of depth, Levitate, but interestingly enough, the lines seemed to look better and make more sense with Immonen, as slow-footed as he may be, as the second line center, and the second line PP, in the two PP chances he had, actually moved the puck well because the kid is a very good passer and his lack of speed doesn't show when he's down low on the PP. Further, that's where he gets most of his points in HFD, and he does a darn good job. Again, not ideal, barely good, but just makes the most sense, and what you try to do is make the best of what you have, and time and again, I'm not sure Renney does that.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
polako

Building on what you wrote, Fletch

I think it would be in the best interest of the team to play Immonen on the second line.

Playing a similar amount of games and having relatively comparable numbers, I think it's safe to say that Krog is going to offer no more than Immonen can...the only benefit perhaps being that he is a faster player, which can be offset by the fact that Immonen is a younger player.

In this case of line shuffling, why not insert Immonen in for Krog on the second line? Best case scenario is that they click, and Immonen has built up some more equity for himself on this team. Worst case...they stink, nothing new. But, even if management doesn't view Immonen as part of the team's future, I'm sure playing him with Jagr and finding some success could increase his value slightly if they are looking to move him.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:17 PM
TomLaidlaw

Possibly the worst line combos I have ever seen. It looks like he just picked names out of a hat

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
I think it would be in the best interest of the team to play Immonen on the second line.

Playing a similar amount of games and having relatively comparable numbers, I think it's safe to say that Krog is going to offer no more than Immonen can...the only benefit perhaps being that he is a faster player, which can be offset by the fact that Immonen is a younger player.

In this case of line shuffling, why not insert Immonen in for Krog on the second line? Best case scenario is that they click, and Immonen has built up some more equity for himself on this team. Worst case...they stink, nothing new. But, even if management doesn't view Immonen as part of the team's future, I'm sure playing him with Jagr and finding some success could increase his value slightly if they are looking to move him.
Tell me if I'm wrong guys, but didn't Jags, Prucha and Immonen play on the same line briefly and show some chemistry??? I don't remember if it was this season or last...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Nich

i believe it was immo with prucha and shanny...and i thought they did