HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Revised HFNYR Policies & Quick Links

Old
02-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Revised HFNYR Policies & Quick Links

Recently, this forum has been littered with posts without content. Normally, no one cares, but it's gotten to a point where people are starting to care. Until the situation improves, the site's spam policy will be enforced with a vengeance.

Quote:
SPAM - No one cares to read pointless responses to a topic like, “he sucks”, “”, “this thread sucks, close it”, "do we need another thread about this" etc. If you don't have have anything to add to a discussion, DON'T. It's wastes board space and makes threads very difficult to read and almost impossible to read through if you've been away from the computer for more than 12 hours. If you feel that a thread is redundant, report it. A mod will look into it.
As always, typical board rules apply.....

READ, THEN POST - If you have something to contribute to the topic, do so in the existing thread. If you are new here or don’t visit regularly, I would urge you to scroll back through the first couple of pages before starting a new discussion as threads fall fast. We will no longer merge new threads in to the appropriate discussion, they will simply be deleted and the thread started will receive a spam infraction.

OFF TOPIC CONTENT – Please use your best jugement as to whether it's a valid topic of discussion and know when enough OT is enough. We still reserve the right to remove OT threads if there gets to be too much OT again.

TRADE PROPSALS – We cannot continue to allow the insane amount of ridiculous proposals and suggested waiver claims to continue. There is a whole forum here dedicated to those who love talking about trade proposals. This is probably something we’ll have to police subjectively, or perhaps dedicated it’s own thread to, but right now, it’s just way too much.

Country/Continent Generalizations
It is time we get rid of these types of posts/threads on our board. We've have allowed these types of posts in the past, but this is not fair to the many, many European posters we have on our board that have to read how certain North Americans don't like their hockey. Hockey is hockey, they shouldn't have to come on the board and defend "hockey" because of the style it is played in their country or by some players. It just leads to pointless arguments that are unnecessary.

If someone want to say "Jagr is so soft!" then that is fine, but the, "Get rid of the euro-trash", "Damn these Europeans and their soft hockey!", stuff is no longer permitted. NO generalizations aren't tolerated.

Again, calling out player(s) is fine. Calling them Euro-trash, or insulting european hockey as a whole though will not be tolerated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUICK LINKS:
NYR 2007 Entry Draft Selections

Rangers Prospects Stats/Info/Articles – updated daily!

Rangers salary cap/contracts

HF Prospect Poll Results:
Official Ticket sales thread - buy and sell here. Individual ticket sales threads will be deleted per board policy.

NYR Blogs - links to various fan and columnist blogs.

Yahoo Fantasy Leagues thread

All Things NYC – Tourist info, events, attractions, mass transit tips, etc…

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 08-24-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
dank

RE: Trade Proposals

I am sure a lot of posters are with me on this one, .

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Nich

i agree!!! thank you lord on the trade proposals......i mean i know it will be terrible, but it kinda is like a train wreck...

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Shadowtron

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Trade Proposals shouldn't be allowed unless they're speculation on existing trade rumors (i.e. the Bertuzzi thread going on today) and that Waiver discussions should be left to the mods' discretion. At least with Waiver talk, there is the chance our team could put in a claim. But with trade proposals...well, it's just fantasy.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
With the off topic stuff, I think that some of it should be allowed if it's at least talking about something hockey or you know, like you got hit by a car and you wanted to let us know about it.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:52 PM
bleedblue94

why cant we just sticky a thread in this forum to contain ALL trade proposals and wavier issues that are of concern to the rangers. i think allot of people post them in this forum bc they want to get direct feedback from ranger fans and threads in the main forum can get "loss" among all the other threads in there.

otherwise i agree and thanks for your efforts to clean it all up

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Trade Proposals shouldn't be allowed unless they're speculation on existing trade rumors (i.e. the Bertuzzi thread going on today)
Now that would be a rumor, with a link of course.

The proposal is pure fantasy. In moderation, it's a discussion starter. In excess, you get every thread turing into a flamefest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
With the off topic stuff, I think that some of it should be allowed if it's at least talking about something hockey or you know, like you got hit by a car and you wanted to let us know about it.
Hard to deliniate what OT is ok and how much is allowed though. Basically, until it returns to an appropriate amount, I reserve the right to nix any and all of it.

Trust me, if you get hit by a car Jon, I'm stickying that thread myself.

Old
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Nich

i think someone has a man crush

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
why cant we just sticky a thread in this forum to contain ALL trade proposals and wavier issues that are of concern to the rangers. i think allot of people post them in this forum bc they want to get direct feedback from ranger fans and threads in the main forum can get "loss" among all the other threads in there.
It's a good idea, but I worry that thread risks going down the same road a lot of the individual threads go.

Other people like this idea?

Old
02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
It's a good idea, but I worry that thread risks going down the same road a lot of the individual threads go.

I think it's worth a shot, with the deadline looming (That is, if you were asking for my personal opinion )...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:20 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
RE: Trade Proposals

I am sure a lot of posters are with me on this one, .
agreed.. and if you decide to make a thread designated for this be sure to make jorts moderator of the thread

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Trust me, if you get hit by a car Jon, I'm stickying that thread myself.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I dont see the advantage of having to PM a mod to post an OT topic. You are going to be spending just as much time reading/sending PM's as it would take you to just simply delete the topic.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Its a tough time of the season. So many threads and its good to revise the policies here.

If i see another poll about a center im gonna ralph.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I dont see the advantage of having to PM a mod to post an OT topic. You are going to be spending just as much time reading/sending PM's as it would take you to just simply delete the topic.
I'm hoping people will ask themselves, "does this really have any relavance here?" before they go through the trouble of clearing it with one of us.

The idea is to have the board remain less cluttered during the times one of us isn't here to do the housekeeping.

Old
02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:

i just think youll have a much easier time if everything of this nature is contained to one thread.... much like we have done with the rangers prospects thread

Old
02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I agree with pretty much all of these policies - especially the threads that are already in existence.

But one thing about the off topic threads that I slightly disagree with..One thing to think about is that this is a board with alot of people who live in New York and who used to live here and alot of times there are big things that happen in this city and alot of times there are big stories involving our other teams (Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, St. Johns, Red Bull, any other team you can think of), so maybe there could be some sort of "all purpose New York thread" to discuss this stuff? I see this on other boards and it might not be a bad idea.

Just a thought.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:10 PM
DontStaal

so Forsberg for Prucha, a 1st.... lol

but yes, i agree. We should keep the boards hockey related and use legit rumors.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I actually enjoy the random trade proposals, it's kinda interesting to me. But I recognize almost everyone else hates them, so makes sense to me.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I would post in a closed and stickied thread all the guide lines. for example what is considered OT? What considered REALLY OT? For example, I posted about Barnaby's possible retirement and a Times article about Leetch's semi retirement. With links. They aren't about the Rangers really but they aren't as off topic as say Metallica. But then there are those OT threads like "hey Metallica is playing. Who is going and wants to get beers before/after?" Super Bowl Thread was pretty off topic but then again, it was somewhere for Ranger fans to gather and talk about it.

Do Mods have the power to create subforums? Much like how the Rangers forum is within the Eastern Conference forum listing (a page i'm sure most don't frequent) there could be an OT sub-forum, Community forum (things to do in NYC, favorite bars, introduction threads, etc), a Trade sub-forum (we sometimes get proposals from visitors). It might make for a cleaner house. It might also make your jobs harder. You don't want to sub-forum everything. If you can't do it though, I wouldn't mind trying to do stickied threads for the things you've mentioned.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:58 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

this is by far the most censored and moderated site I've ever seen on Earth. Ok, you can delete this, enjoy! McCarthy

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I actually enjoy the random trade proposals, it's kinda interesting to me. But I recognize almost everyone else hates them, so makes sense to me.
Souds like another vote for the proposal thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I would post in a closed and stickied thread all the guide lines. for example what is considered OT? What considered REALLY OT? For example, I posted about Barnaby's possible retirement and a Times article about Leetch's semi retirement. With links. They aren't about the Rangers really but they aren't as off topic as say Metallica. But then there are those OT threads like "hey Metallica is playing. Who is going and wants to get beers before/after?" Super Bowl Thread was pretty off topic but then again, it was somewhere for Ranger fans to gather and talk about it.

Do Mods have the power to create subforums? Much like how the Rangers forum is within the Eastern Conference forum listing (a page i'm sure most don't frequent) there could be an OT sub-forum, Community forum (things to do in NYC, favorite bars, introduction threads, etc), a Trade sub-forum (we sometimes get proposals from visitors). It might make for a cleaner house. It might also make your jobs harder. You don't want to sub-forum everything. If you can't do it though, I wouldn't mind trying to do stickied threads for the things you've mentioned.
OT is hard to define. I honestly didn't think the Barnaby thread was OT as it was about a former Ranger player. Again, it was the amout of OT that was the problem more than the content itself.

I will see what we can do about a sub-forum, although the board as a whole already has these things set up, so it's going to be a tough argument to make to admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
this is by far the most censored and moderated site I've ever seen on Earth. Ok, you can delete this, enjoy! McCarthy
If by censored you mean deleting offensive posts, duplicate posts, reposting of copyrighted material, out right lies, etc, then I guess I agree.

Old
02-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
If by censored you mean deleting offensive posts, duplicate posts, reposting of copyrighted material, out right lies, etc, then I guess I agree.
You COMMIE!!!! JK I think these new revision of the rules will help all of us out by keeping nonsense,for the most part, from the forum.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:31 AM
bleedblue94

agreed

Old
02-09-2007, 12:38 PM
DutchShamrock

I'd just prefer that the trade proposals go on the trade proposal board as opposed to being on this board at all... but I can see how that is extreme and this isn't "my" board.

If the proposals were all relegated to just one thread I can ignore it all together so no harm there. And as you have clarified, rumors are a whole other animal. We just have to watch the proposals in those threads.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote