HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to RDS, the Rangers are trying to land Bertuzzi

Old
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
I don't usually respond to rumors but...I have no idea what adding Bertuzzi does for this team.

02-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
It has nothing to do with them being French - I love the French, especially their women - but the RDS is notorious in Canada for being full of ****. TSN has done their best to separate themselves from RDS because of this, and rightly so if you ask me.

I remember one year when they had Modano officially signed with Philadelphia and Amonte officially signed with the Rangers.

Sorry, not reliable. They're somewhere down on Eklund's level if you ask me.
Actually, and thanks for the French mention... , but they usually are pretty reliable 'cause for one reason. They usually don't have scoops like that and when they do, I don't think they have the manpower to get it themselves, it had to come from somebody else. I do remember some signing where they were totally wrong, I agree, but for some they were right on. So it's really 50-50 if you ask me.

But for you guys, I really hope they're full of it this time....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't usually respond to rumors but...I have no idea what adding Bertuzzi does for this team.

If he barely cost anything to get I'd rather keep him and dump Nylander. At least if he stayed healthy enough I could see him being a good fit to play with all kinds of players or prospects we have. I see him playing with Jagr or Shanny if Shanny came back. I could see Dubi centering him. I could see beanpole Prucha being protected by him. I could see a smaller wing like Dawes fitting with him.

With Nylander, he plays in circles and most can't click with him.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
If he barely cost anything to get I'd rather keep him and dump Nylander. At least if he stayed healthy enough I could see him being a good fit to play with all kinds of players or prospects we have. I see him playing with Jagr or Shanny if Shanny came back. I could see Dubi centering him. I could see beanpole Prucha being protected by him. I could see a smaller wing like Dawes fitting with him.

With Nylander, he plays in circles and most can't click with him.
Taking out the best center this team has makes very little sense to me.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Taking out the best center this team has makes very little sense to me.

Nylander is only the best center because he plays with Jagr. Take him away from Jagr and you have the guy that teams kept getting rid of. Put Dubinsky with Jagr as a rookie and he would find a way to get at least 55 points.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
TorontoSports

This team is reverting back to pre-lockout rangers

TorontoSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:14 PM
94now

Quote:
Put Dubinsky with Jagr as a rookie and he would find a way to get at least 55 points.
Man, this is nonsense. You are even worse then myself...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

There is no way shape or form i would want this guy on the Rangers. I know it doesnt matter much what I want for the team but has this guy played more than 10 games all season? It seems like everytime the Rangers played the Panthers he was "oh so close to returning, but wasnt there yet". I'll pass on the guy personally.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:45 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Bertuzzi and Avery just might make the Rangers the most hated team in the NHL. That's always a fun thing to have going for your organization.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
bleedrngrblue

If the price is right, I'm not totally against the idea, but he's gotta come cheap as he hasn't played much in a while. I think Bertuzzi has learned his lesson from the Moore incident, and he could become a major pain in front of the net for opposing goaltenders. Like I said though, he'd have to come pretty cheap and not cost us core prospects, maybe a mid level prospect and a fringe player on the current roster.

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I've always been a fan of Bertuzzi until the incident with Steve Moore. I still think he is a great talent. He is north american, he plays extremely physical, will stand in front of the net on the PP, and he would creat much more room for Shanny with his physical ability.

**IF its for the right price then i say do it. But if were giving up our best prospects for him forget it. He's in the last year of his contract correct? If so then if it doesnt work out then we can let him go and let a young guy step in next year.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Bertuzzi and Avery just might make the Rangers the most hated team in the NHL. That's always a fun thing to have going for your organization.
Hated but good is much better no?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:19 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Hated but good is much better no?
Hate all you want......Bertuzzi is exactly what we wish Jessiman could become for this organization minus the Moore incident!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Maybe Sather can get Horton in the deal too, maybe thats really where the interest is. Sather says he vows to stay with keeping youth in the system maybe he can get both in a package deal. Send a high draft pick or two the other way with some prospects. And maybe we can sneak Hall in there.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:39 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Never mind the fact about Bertuzzi being out of action since mid October with back surgery.The Panthers have targeted February 17 as a possible return date.Nearly 10 days away.If Bertuzzi returns on the 17th,that leaves only 4 games for teams to get a look at Bertuzzi.Who knows how Bertuzzi will feel playing four months after back surgery?A power forward coming off back surgery/bad back?Adam Graves.Wendel Clark
Exactly. This is why I don't understand how all these hockey writers/analysts believe that Bertuzzi is going to be moved at the deadline. Why would you take a risk on this guy? He's missed most of the season, so he'll be far behind all the other players in the NHL going into the playoffs. Not a good situation.

And the Rangers need a center, not another winger.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Diehardfan419

Montoya, Dawes, Prucha

for

Bertuzzi & Horton

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:47 PM
GuloGulo

Quote:
Nylander is only the best center because he plays with Jagr. Take him away from Jagr and you have the guy that teams kept getting rid of. Put Dubinsky with Jagr as a rookie and he would find a way to get at least 55 points.
Nylander has a better playoff PPG than Bertuzzi.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:51 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I'd sooner want O.J. Simpson on the Rangers.
Penalty to the Rangers, Simpson, two minutes for slashing...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Penalty to the Rangers, Simpson, two minutes for slashing...
boooooooo lol lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
Montoya, Dawes, Prucha

for

Bertuzzi & Horton
Edge touched on this in another thread and made some great points. Horton should be the focus of any deal with Fla. Bertuzzi is a distraction. It would make sense to send Dubinsky the other way since Horton is what we hope Dubinsky will be someday. But Fla. would want Prucha at least to start the discussion. It sound scary but Horton sounds like a great fit for us right now. He pretty much delivers on Dubi's potential and maybe then some.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
What? Moore injury? First off he didn't mean to hurt him as serious as it ended up. Second, I'd take the the guy who killed his wife or whoever as long as he is vable to help Rangers to win.
Bertuzzi intended to assault Moore, that was why he was convicted of the crime of assault causing bodily harm. You assault someone you are repsonsible for the consequences of your actions regardless of whether you intended that level of injury. The intent is found in the assault not the injuries.

A recent case in Canada involved a one punch fight outside a bar (sucker punch) - the victim died and the perp was found guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 7 years. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1999/...bar990129.html

Bertuzzi was lucky that Moore's spinal fractures did not displace and cause more serious injury or even death.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:24 PM
crisb

Am I supposed to like it?

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Boy would Bertuzzi be nice. I'm not gonna get into this since it will get me too excited

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Bertuzzi intended to assault Moore, that was why he was convicted of the crime of assault causing bodily harm. You assault someone you are repsonsible for the consequences of your actions regardless of whether you intended that level of injury. The intent is found in the assault not the injuries.

A recent case in Canada involved a one punch fight outside a bar (sucker punch) - the victim died and the perp was found guilty of manslaughter. Sentenced to 7 years. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/1999/...bar990129.html

Bertuzzi was lucky that Moore's spinal fractures did not displace and cause more serious injury or even death.
Seriously, that can be debated. Two car crashes into each other, one of the driver gets out of his car, pulls out a gun, and shoots the other drive in the head. Courts in the US found that he didn't have intent to kill the other driver.

You are responsible for your actions, but you still must have real intent to act the way you do. I find it doubtful that Bertuzzi will be found to have the intent to cause the act that broke Moore's neck. Its just a educated guess, but I think its doubtful.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuloGulo View Post
Nylander has a better playoff PPG than Bertuzzi.
Against NJD last season I think Nylander were one of the few players who stepped up for us.

Our 3rd and 4th line who I think played a major role in getting us to the PO's backed down. Jagr were injured. Guys like Rucinsky and Prucha didn't get into it. Lundqvist and the D didn't stand up. But Nylander continued exactly like he did in the regular season, it might not show on the statssheet but I think he, and maybe to some extent Hossa and Tyutin, were the only players who didn't regress in that series.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote