HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Oilers looking at Tyutin/Rachunek/Rozsival?

Old
02-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
EJ Hradek of ESPN the Magazine co-hosts NHL Live on Sirius.This morning,EJ said the Rangers play will determine whether they become sellers,buyers or stand pat.Many teams are in the grey area where they have talked to some teams about adding pieces and to other teams about selling off players.Hradek is working on an article for ESPN.com concerning the trading deadline which should be posted within a 1 day or 2
So basically the guy had nothing to say.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Tyutin

for

Lupul
Torres

solidifies NYR's second line (Lupul) and Grit (Torres) and recennt (Avery) aquisition. Need a solid Defensive signing or 2 next year, and bring on Staal.

Although NYR will have to add some type of pick or player like Hollweg
No thanks, I'll take Pitkanen for that instead. The oilers could get a better defense man for that price tag in my opinion, and I am a uge Tyutin fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
id be looking for something like tyutin and cullen for lupol torres and stoll
It's Lupul and it's not gunna happen.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:56 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
So basically the guy had nothing to say.
There is nothing really new to say.Teams will wait until the last few days because the deadline is now two weeks earlier than before and the Rangers performance will determine what management does

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
There is nothing really new to say.Teams will wait until the last few days because the deadline is now two weeks earlier than before and the Rangers performance will determine what management does
My point was, why post 'He said nothing'

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:10 PM
BigE

This is where moving the deadline back has hurt grey area teams like the Rangers. They now have less time to figure out what they are, and then act. Of course this was the intent of the NHL, but I'm a little disappointed in it. If there argument was to lesson the player movements it would seem to conflict with the effect the salary cap has on players swapping teams.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
this thread is funny to me.. not so much because i don't agree with the overreaction and over valueing by ranger fans

but it goes to show how sad our defense is when we really can't even fathom trading tyutin.. especially if its to a team like edmonton that can offer a lot
That it does, but honestly, it is tough to imagine what next year's defense looks like without him. With the host of other areas that need to be addressed so desparately, do you want to have to replace Tyutin too?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I wouldn't trade Rozsival unless it's a really good offer. hands down the teams best defenseman IMO.
I am hands down the best hockey player in my family, but my mom, dad and two brothers have much to be desired. Basically, being the best of this bunch is nothing to brag about. If the price is right, not even a really good offer, take it.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Wouldn't mind trading em Rachunek or Roszival at all

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Wouldn't mind trading em Rachunek or Roszival at all
depends on what the return is to be honest, both have played much better recently and im not saying they are going to turn it around but rozsival can be useful when not on the powerplay and put in the proper situation and rachunek is proving he could be a solid 3-4 d-man and 2nd pair d-man on the powerplay with his shot and willingness to take it and hit the net

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
depends on what the return is to be honest, both have played much better recently and im not saying they are going to turn it around but rozsival can be useful when not on the powerplay and put in the proper situation and rachunek is proving he could be a solid 3-4 d-man and 2nd pair d-man on the powerplay with his shot and willingness to take it and hit the net
Well I definitley take Matt Greene over them. Raffi Torres without even thinking. Storini/Winchester are 2 pretty impressive kids. There are definitley options

Old
02-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Mason530

The thread also inquires Rachunek. Can he fetch at least a 3rd and a 4th, may be a pair of 3rd?

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Well I definitley take Matt Greene over them. Raffi Torres without even thinking. Storini/Winchester are 2 pretty impressive kids. There are definitley options
Uch och. Thank god you are not on Sather's place then.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:20 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Uch och. Thank god you are not on Sather's place then.
Do you even know who the kid is? Not sure what's not to like about him...he does just about everything

Old
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I am hands down the best hockey player in my family, but my mom, dad and two brothers have much to be desired. Basically, being the best of this bunch is nothing to brag about. If the price is right, not even a really good offer, take it.
I just don't think trading the team's best defenseman is a great way to improve the team. I'm weird that way.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Tyutin would be a major trade. Scrempf(sp) would certainly have to be a starting point and maybe a younger prospect like Greene.

I could see NYRs doing that, but would Edmonton?

More likely the focus is Rozy or Rachunek. Obviously Rachunek would cost less. Greene and a 4th? Rozy would cost maybe Scrempf?

Dmen always carry a premium at the deadline.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

the guy I would love to get from them is HORCOFF...he is a very good all-around 2nd line center who is physical and skilled.

I would gladly give up Rozsival/Rachunek, Hall and a 2nd to make that happen!

Schremp wont help us since he has no NHL experience yet...

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
the guy I would love to get from them is HORCOFF...he is a very good all-around 2nd line center who is physical and skilled.

I would gladly give up Rozsival/Rachunek, Hall and a 2nd to make that happen!

Schremp wont help us since he has no NHL experience yet...
Schremp would be great. There's no sense in trying to help this year's team, so I'd much rather grab guys for the future. But we're not getting Schremp, at least not in a deal centered around Rosie or Rach.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
Yeah a lot of people like hockey actually. I'm in the minority of Ranger fans though. Mainly Devil fans and 1 die-hard Sharks fan (even though he has lived in NJ his whole life). I've always wanted the Rangers to win the cup so I could make (or probably buy) a tin foil stanley cup hat to where to school with my Rangers jersey, too bad that probably won't happen since it's my last year in school before college.
A little off topic, but thats strange..even for New Jersey. I have grown up in CENTRAL JERSEY and all of my friends are Rangers fans. And I could count the Devil fans I know on one hand. Most of the people I know that are hockey fans are Ranger fans.

Anyway, back on topic, Id love to get Torres out of Edmonton for Rachunek, Rosival, Malik, or anyone not named Stahl,Tjuytin,Sanguinetti,Sauer.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
A little off topic, but thats strange..even for New Jersey. I have grown up in CENTRAL JERSEY and all of my friends are Rangers fans. And I could count the Devil fans I know on one hand. Most of the people I know that are hockey fans are Ranger fans.

Anyway, back on topic, Id love to get Torres out of Edmonton for Rachunek, Rosival, Malik, or anyone not named Stahl,Tjuytin,Sanguinetti,Sauer.
Who the hell are Stahl and Tjuytin? I kid, I kid.

Torres would be fantastic. I doubt Edmonton would be moving him though.

Old
02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

i dont think sather will trade tyutin

he might be moving rozival or Rachunek.. dont forget EDM is looking for a puck moving dman and that is the only reason they might have slight interest in these 2. The guy i would want back is HORCOFF. Would fit in nicely into our 2nd line Center position. his salary is not that high either. i would also love for us to maybe throw in Imonnen with one of those Dmen and maybe pry away Lupul as well. so the main parts of the deal would be:

rozi or rachunek and Imonnen (pick and/or player will have to go too)
for
horcoff lupul

some picks and spare parts would have to be involved as well. i really would like to see horcoff here.

OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
i dont think sather will trade tyutin

he might be moving rozival or Rachunek.. dont forget EDM is looking for a puck moving dman and that is the only reason they might have slight interest in these 2. The guy i would want back is HORCOFF. Would fit in nicely into our 2nd line Center position. his salary is not that high either. i would also love for us to maybe throw in Imonnen with one of those Dmen and maybe pry away Lupul as well. so the main parts of the deal would be:

rozi or rachunek and Imonnen (pick and/or player will have to go too)
for
horcoff lupul

some picks and spare parts would have to be involved as well. i really would like to see horcoff here.
There'd have to be A LOT more involved there, IMO. Lupul and Horcoff are easily the two best players involved in the deal. It'd take a ton to pry both of them.

Old
02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
No thanks, I'll take Pitkanen for that instead. The oilers could get a better defense man for that price tag in my opinion, and I am a uge Tyutin fan.

It's Lupul and it's not gunna happen.
yeah.. as if pitkanen would go for that cheap

i hate everything about the flyers including pitkanen but they'd be crack to even consider trading him for that

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Do you even know who the kid is? Not sure what's not to like about him...he does just about everything
Of course. I've been following Edm for years(since Hemsky came)
Green si nowhere with playmaking/shooting skills as Rachunek/Rozsival.
I know you adore most if someone can punch other into the face, but get serious.
This is what this team needs, get rid off defensmen who are willing to shoot.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:10 AM
xander

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but would edmonton be interested in swapping one underachieving young sniper for another?

Lupul

for

Prucha + Rachunek/Rozsival/Ward?

My guess is that the Oilers still wouldn't bite, but it's worth considering. Perhaps both players could use a change in locale.

I like Lupul a bit more than Prucha, so I would be willing to throw a bit of extra value into the deal in the form of one of those three defenemen (I'd be least willing to move Rozsival out of the three and the most ward.)

again, it's not likely, but I thinkk it's viable.

Tyey're numbers are pretty comparable. Prucha is one year older, which should be taken into acaount, but a year isn't quite as big of a deal in the early/mid twenties as it is in juniors.

GP G A P PPG GPG

Prucha

2005-06 New York Rangers NHL 68 30 17 47 0.69 0.44
2006-07 New York Rangers NHL 52 12 11 23 0.44 0.23

Lupul

2005-06 Anaheim Mighty Ducks NHL 81 28 25 53 0.65 0.35
2006-07 Edmonton Oilers NHL 54 14 7 21 0.39 0.30

Numbers don't tell everything (and i've already expressed that I preffer Lupul), but I don't think they're values are that far off.

Last edited by xander: 02-09-2007 at 02:06 AM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:26 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Schremp.
How is Schremp doing in the AHL this year?

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote