HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Newer OT Thread - Earthquake Edition

Old
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
So my folks decided to adopt a kitten to keep their dog company... guess they had it for a few days but it started getting sick, and they couldn't get in to their vet until the next week. SPCA said they'd look at it for them; keep it and run some tests and call back in a couple of days.

Turns out they ran some tests and then adopted it out to someone else.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2014, 01:24 AM
Greasy Sliders

vCash: 500
Anyone know any other places to pick up pro stock sticks? I know united sells a few but not many, and totem used to have em but I haven't been there in a while

Greasy Sliders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Philly85
Moody'

in other news, Mike Comrie is getting divorced from Hilary Duff. Didn't see that one lasting too long to begin with but it's kind of sad considering they just had a kid not long ago. Apparently the split is totally mutual though and they're not on bad terms with each other which is good I guess.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:50 AM
SerbianEagle

How would you guys react, and what would you do...

Waiting in an intersection to make a left turn, the light is green and I am just waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass so i can safely turn. Nobody is seated beside me. In the back seat is my wife and next to her, in a baby car seat, is our 3 month old daughter...

A little ahead and stretching all the way next to our car is a rather large puddle from all the melting...last car coming in the opposite direction is a lifted Ford truck... its one of those trucks that if he was at a light next to you, and you are in a small car, top of his tire is higher than your head...

He enters the intersection and suddenly intentionally swerves towards us to hit the puddle and splash the mud on our car. By doing so, he literally missed us by a couple of inches. Yes he did splash the car, but who cares...He endangered 3 lives. How do I know it was intentional?

As he passed my wife looked back and saw him flipping the bird out of driver side window....

we have his plate #.

SerbianEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Beerfish

Call the police, give them the plate number and give them the information. Knowing the cops they will brush it off and say they can't do anything but if you tell them you will testify as a witness to the unsafe driving something might happen.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
RisingSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post

Waiting in an intersection to make a left turn, the light is green and I am just waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass so i can safely turn. Nobody is seated beside me. In the back seat is my wife and next to her, in a baby car seat, is our 3 month old daughter...

A little ahead and stretching all the way next to our car is a rather large puddle from all the melting...last car coming in the opposite direction is a lifted Ford truck... its one of those trucks that if he was at a light next to you, and you are in a small car, top of his tire is higher than your head...

He enters the intersection and suddenly intentionally swerves towards us to hit the puddle and splash the mud on our car. By doing so, he literally missed us by a couple of inches. Yes he did splash the car, but who cares...He endangered 3 lives. How do I know it was intentional?

As he passed my wife looked back and saw him flipping the bird out of driver side window....

we have his plate #.
Find out his phone number and do this:

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 100
a few in here that were pretty funny!
Grantland dictionary - NHL edition.
http://grantland.com/features/sean-m...nd-dictionary/

Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

vCash: 499
So during my bike ride around my neighbourhood, some kids in a car decide to tailgate and honk at me, then go into the oncoming lane to speed by me aggressively, all while laying on the horn. I was taking up more of the lane than usual for my safety as the side closest to the sidewalk is covered by a windrow with slushy/icy debris. I gave chase and possibly got the plate # but I'm not 100% sure.

****ing jerks.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Soon people all over will be going the route of the russians and getting dash/helmet cams. I Know I will soon enough.

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
So during my bike ride around my neighbourhood, some kids in a car decide to tailgate and honk at me, then go into the oncoming lane to speed by me aggressively, all while laying on the horn. I was taking up more of the lane than usual for my safety as the side closest to the sidewalk is covered by a windrow with slushy/icy debris. I gave chase and possibly got the plate # but I'm not 100% sure.

****ing jerks.
I agree they are ****ing jerks but what the hell are you doing on a bike in these simple awful conditions lol.

Old
01-14-2014, 10:22 PM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I agree they are ****ing jerks but what the hell are you doing on a bike in these simple awful conditions lol.
Could be worse . I try to ride all year long...

The roads are way safer and easier to ride on than sidewalks though at this time. Sidewalks are too icy/slushy/bumpy...

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2014, 09:28 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post

we have his plate #.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Soon people all over will be going the route of the russians and getting dash/helmet cams. I Know I will soon enough.
Really without what Dave has said you have nothing really to go on Serbian. You'll call the cops, they'll contact the guy and he can say numerous things and the police won't be able to do nothing.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2014, 11:54 PM
moonyrat

Decent Bodyshop in Edmonton

Hi,
The rear light cover of my SUV got damaged at Southgate parking lot over the weekend, I just noticed there are also some paint damage on the side, likely the car beside us scratched my vehicle and ran could anyone recommend me a decent Bodyshop at the south side so I can stop by after work on Monday? Thx in advance .

moonyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Slats432

Hey HFers....my boy is in the finals of the ATB Show your stuff contest.

Would love if you could vote for Kevin. (Also, we need the Oiler side to get way more votes than the Flames side )

https://www.facebook.com/ATBFinancia...06580419541176

Thanks,

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
oildesi99

OT - Need Help With Logo Design...please help

HEy guys,

Im doing a project for school and the company is a home builder/real estate company. if anyone is a good desginer on these boards and has a couple minutes im looking for something like this...

you guys can pm me or post here.

thanks guys/gals!

oildesi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 11:42 AM
joestevens29

So odd seeing Nedohin curling with Martin.

Old
02-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Mav3rick07
Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov

Hey fellow Oilers fans, I encourage you to check out my hockey montage !

There's a Hall and Yak clip in there...of course =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44QJz...ature=youtu.be

Mav3rick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3rick07 View Post
hey fellow oilers fans, i encourage you to check out my hockey montage !

There's a hall and yak clip in there...of course =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44qjz...ature=youtu.be
nice!

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Smartguy

Hello to those who live in Edmonton, question about the nightlife on whyte ave, a bunch of friends and I are coming to experience the city for night this weekend and wondering what kind of crowd is there and what some good bars/hotels are there or near there. We have a younger group mostly 19 and early twenties. Thanks

Smartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Ghostbuster
#FireEakins

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartguy View Post
Hello to those who live in Edmonton, question about the nightlife on whyte ave, a bunch of friends and I are coming to experience the city for night this weekend and wondering what kind of crowd is there and what some good bars/hotels are there or near there. We have a younger group mostly 19 and early twenties. Thanks
Well where are you from?

If you are from any city bigger than us, it'll be the same old stuff.

If you come small town Alberta, it'll be like a bar, with drinking and trouble. There really isn't much for decent hotels around Whyte Ave as it's close to the University. There are a few south on Calgary Trail, but you'll have to taxi it.

Depends what kind of bar you're looking for, mostly dependent on music. If it's warm out I highly suggest just bar hopping and find a place you like. However for the group you mention The Rack is probably ideal (top 40, younger crowd), maybe The Ranch if you like country (away from Whyte Ave), Union Hall is also close by and provides a more club-esque experience (also off of Whyte Ave by 5 minutes).

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 01:03 AM
ohheyhemsky

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/02/1...iminatory-slur

Gross.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 10:43 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
There is literally nothing to go off of here. The opposing team didn't even think it was that big of a deal.

However, thehockeynews.com reports an official from the opposing club actually asked the GTHL to go easy on Coffey because the infraction was relatively minor

Old
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
The gf wants to go skating tommorow. Aside from City Hall is there another public place? Is Hawrelak a good place?

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:25 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
The gf wants to go skating tommorow. Aside from City Hall is there another public place? Is Hawrelak a good place?
There is a nice oval just off River Road by Victoria Park/Golf Course.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Yeah I have no idea what the big deal is.