HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: St-Hubert

Old
02-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Masao

vCash: 500
OT: St-Hubert

Am I the only one who finds that, while the food you get in their restaurants is delicious, the exact same thing, when ordered and brought to your home, is completely disgusting? I mean, it looks exactly the same, but somehow in the restaurants it actually tastes pretty good. I mean, I don't understand it... do they discriminate between their customers and send the old rotten stuff to the home orders and serve the fresh stuff at tables or something?

Masao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
bayrider

I think it's just you. Chicken is pretty much the same. Fries come a bit soft, but a good soak in some St Hub sauce makes them delicious. Coleslaw is the same too... portions suck though!

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Tricolore#20

My friends and I actually thought the chicken tastes better at home!

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
St Hubert is great... I eat there way too often, though.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
NewBlood

I worked there as a cook and a delivery guy and I can tell you that the chicken is the same. I think the only difference is that when you order it, it has the time to get cold...or sometimes it just spends way to much time in the "heater" (where they put the boxes until the delivery guys pick 'em up) so the chicken gets kindda spongy. Same thing happens when you're the 4th or 5th adress on the list, which means that your chicken might spend over 30 minutes in the "red bag".

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Maddas*

Carbo often eats at the St-Hub inside the Windsor Station. He usually orders a salad, that's the secret behind his thin shape.

I know this because I stalk him.

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Masao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
I worked there as a cook and a delivery guy and I can tell you that the chicken is the same. I think the only difference is that when you order it, it has the time to get cold...or sometimes it just spends way to much time in the "heater" (where they put the boxes until the delivery guys pick 'em up) so the chicken gets kindda spongy. Same thing happens when you're the 4th or 5th adress on the list, which means that your chicken might spend over 30 minutes in the "red bag".
How do they make the lists, though? I live on boul. Edouard-Montpetit and the St-Hubert near Cote-des-neiges subway station is like... 100 meters from my place, so I'd suppose they'd stop at my place first then go to further away places, no?

Old
02-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Masao View Post
How do they make the lists, though? I live on boul. Edouard-Montpetit and the St-Hubert near Cote-des-neiges subway station is like... 100 meters from my place, so I'd suppose they'd stop at my place first then go to further away places, no?
Haha, why don't you just walk over and get take-out then?

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Le Maroons

I actually worked at a St-Hubert as well. There definitely is not discrimination towards delivery meals, it was a big part of the business when I worked there. So I'd agree with the post earlier saying that because the food sits for a while it might not taste as good as in the restaurant, especially fries. At the restaurant, the food hits the plate and then your table about one minute later. I'm sure the same could be said about any restaurant, I wouldn't recommend take-out from my restaurant.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Masao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Haha, why don't you just walk over and get take-out then?
Well if I order it it gets to my place in like 30 minutes and I can eat it in front of my TV, and when I'm done I just throw the box in a bag.

If I go there I have to put my coat on, leave through the door, walk there, wait in line, get taken to my table, wait for a waiter to take my order, wait for my order, eat, get back home, take off my coat, etc... it takes a lot more than 30 minutes.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
I gotta agree, I eat at St-Hub when I have long study days and it's really good. But when I order at home (the lajeunesse one), it's pretty terrible because everything gets soggy.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Le Maroons

Quote:
Well if I order it it gets to my place in like 30 minutes and I can eat it in front of my TV, and when I'm done I just throw the box in a bag.

If I go there I have to put my coat on, leave through the door, walk there, wait in line, get taken to my table, wait for a waiter to take my order, wait for my order, eat, get back home, take off my coat, etc... it takes a lot more than 30 minutes.
I meant take-out. You order it, go pick it up, and bring it home, eat.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Masao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
I meant take-out. You order it, go pick it up, and bring it home, eat.
Am I allowed to do that? But how do I know they'll ship it from the one on cote-des-neiges? Like, they could tell me, "if you want to pick up, you have to come to henri-bourassa/lajeunesse" or something.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Am I allowed to do that? But how do I know they'll ship it from the one on cote-des-neiges? Like, they could tell me, "if you want to pick up, you have to come to henri-bourassa/lajeunesse" or something.
Yeah you are but man it's a big pain to go from edouard-monpetit to cote-des-neiges in the cold like this unless you ahve a car.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
go to the restaurant, order the food, wait 10 minutes, they'll give you the food in the box. go home. eat. post on hf.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:02 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

The anglo St. Hubert (Swiss Chalet) tastes bad all the time.

02-08-2007, 02:41 AM
bayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
The anglo St. Hubert (Swiss Chalet) tastes bad all the time.
Don't even use the two in the same sentence please... unless you're talking about how St Hubert owns SC.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:32 AM
BOB the Builder

Dring Dring Dring que desirez-vous?

Pout pout pout St-Hubert Barbecuuuuuuuuuuuuueeee!!!!

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Kostitsyn404*

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds that, while the food you get in their restaurants is delicious, the exact same thing, when ordered and brought to your home, is completely disgusting? I mean, it looks exactly the same, but somehow in the restaurants it actually tastes pretty good. I mean, I don't understand it... do they discriminate between their customers and send the old rotten stuff to the home orders and serve the fresh stuff at tables or something?
k. I have a similar beef with them. Sometimes when you order they forget a TON of your order, yet they still charge you for the order you made. (Most "Normal" places such as Domino's, when they **** up, they mischarge you, or they give you breadsticks instead of cheesy bread, etc. They don't just charge you for 40$ worth of stuff, and give you 25$, if anything you ask for cheasy bread, they put in bread sticks so you only get breadsticks and the person taking the order is a moron true, but at least your only paying for breadsticks, not paying for a full meal for somebody(st-hub) and not getting it, yet on the bill it's there) Only to find out after the guys gone that like 10-15$ of your 40$ order isn't even there. Other times the food is poorly conserved and is cold, but most of the time not. The main dissapointment with St-Hubert, and I think personally they should be sued for this, is that you order the same food for delivery, 50% the meat, 50% the fries. The fries I can understand, it comes in a small box. But the meat in my club sandwich should be the same. What's the point of having a club with like no chicken in it. I remember 2x ago when I ordered, was the last time I'll ever order a club from them, one of my 4 peices of sandwich had 0 chicken in it, the other 3 had barely any. I don't order a club sandwich to each bread lettuce & mayo. I want an actual CLUB.

What really gets me is, if they aren't going to do it right, then I would just order from Cote-St-Luc BBQ. But they're also horrible w/ delivery. Last time I ordered a chicken poutine from them, not only was their no sauce at all, it was dry as a bone.

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
NewBlood

Quote:
The closest is usually the first one to be served and so on, but it's really up to the delivery guy...

My friend lives on Edouard-Montpetit too (the UdM buildings) and I was kindda surprised last time we ordered because it took them over 45 minutes although the restaurant is, as you said, at the corner of Cote des Neiges and Jean-Briant (sp?)which is about 5 minutes away. However, you also gotta consider that sometimes the delivery guy won't leave until he gets 3 or 4 orders, altough the first one might have been ready for a while so that's one of the reason why sometimes your food is freaking cold while some other times it might be real fresh.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote