HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2014, 07:51 PM
sVpph
Tron Funkin Blow

vCash: 500
Would any of you guys be open to doing Perron+ for Dubinsky or Eberle+ for Dubinsky+Tyutin?

Old
02-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sVpph View Post
Would any of you guys be open to doing Perron+ for Dubinsky or Eberle+ for Dubinsky+Tyutin?
I think the last thing we need to be doing is trading away Perron. And Eberle is right up there as well.

I'd rather offer the 1st rounder or a guy like Klefbom + Gagner for Dubinsky.

Last edited by Powder: 02-11-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old
02-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Why on earth would we trade away the one forward we have with some skill and grit?

Old
02-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I think the last thing we need to be doing is trading away Perron. And Eberle is right up there as well.

I'd rather offer the 1st rounder and/or a guy like Klefbom + Gagner for Dubinsky.
Dubinsky is worth a lottery pick, Klefbom and Gagner?

Wow.

Old
02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Dubinsky is worth a lottery pick, Klefbom and Gagner?

Wow.
Whoops, I only meant 2 of the 3 pieces.

Old
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
sVpph
Tron Funkin Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Why on earth would we trade away the one forward we have with some skill and grit?
Dubinsky can play a gritty and feisty game too. He would also provide some much needed size and two-way play at the centre position.

The way I'm looking at it is that Dubinsky and Perron provide similar things to this team, however Dubinsky would give us a more balanced top 6.

Trust me, I don't want to trade away Perron, but you have give to get. Perron makes the most sense for the BJs imo.

Old
02-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Pointteen

I'm open to the idea of acquiring Muzzin.

I also really like the idea of signing Vrbata. Especially if the Oilers can get a gritty second line centre.

Signing Vrbata would make trading Yakupov easier to stomach. If Phoenix/Arizona loses Vrbata I wonder if there is a deal to be had where Yakupov goes to the desert for either a fantastic defender or Hanzal.
Obviously there are a lot of other pieces that could be involved.

Old
02-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Slats432

Quote:
I think Perron for Dubinsky is a lateral move. Wouldn't move Ebs to get Dub and Toot either.

Old
02-12-2014, 01:43 PM
oStealthKiller

Eberle + 2015 2nd for Bjugstad and kulikov

Maybe add musil?

Old
02-12-2014, 01:44 PM
rockinghockey

Couple of things I have been looking at doing are:
Eberle for Kane, gives us some size in the top 6
Yak for Couturier plus as I think this would be a draft deal, the thing is what would the plus be Laughton and PHI 1st.
Go hard at the following UFAs Niskanen, Kulemen, Frolik and Hainsey( would give him a 2yr deal to be a nice fill in until our prospects develop)
Hall; RNH; Perron
Kane, Couturier, Frolik
Kulemin, Gordon, Pitlick
Gadzik, Hendriks, Smyth

Hainsey, Niskenan
Marincin/Klefbom, Petry
Ference, Schultz

Scrivens

Our top 6 is bigger but still has a lot of skill. The bottom 6 has size and very good two way players that are also good on the PK and can chip in. The defense is a lot better than it is now and will allow our prospects to develop for the next 2 yrs properly. We also have more size and a player in Couturier that is a very good 2C.

Thoughts on this

Old
02-12-2014, 01:52 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oStealthKiller View Post

Maybe add musil?
I think Eberle a lone would be worth that package, We need a right shot dman we are loaded on the left side with Marincin, Nurse, Klefbom who are all going to be legit NHL dmen. Klefbom has finally clicked into the North American game and is exactly what this team needs. He wins puck battles in the corners, clears the front of the net, is a big body and has a nice first pass out of the zone.

Old
02-12-2014, 01:59 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:

Maybe add musil?
Counter Gagner+Klefbom for Bjugstad?

Old
02-12-2014, 02:05 PM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think Eberle a lone would be worth that package, We need a right shot dman we are loaded on the left side with Marincin, Nurse, Klefbom who are all going to be legit NHL dmen. Klefbom has finally clicked into the North American game and is exactly what this team needs. He wins puck battles in the corners, clears the front of the net, is a big body and has a nice first pass out of the zone.
I agree value wise eberle is worth that package(or close) but i think that florida is so high on bjugstad wed have to add in a sweetener and i thought klefbom could play either side effectively?

Old
02-12-2014, 02:07 PM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Counter Gagner+Klefbom for Bjugstad?
Id prefer not to trade klefbom and personally id prefer the plus to gagner be musil and a 3rd rounder, dont know if florida bites tho

Old
02-12-2014, 02:09 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Id prefer not to trade klefbom and personally id prefer the plus to gagner be musil and a 3rd rounder, dont know if florida bites tho
Thats the thing they got no reason to trade Bjugstad who's looking real good for them. We'd need to overpay. I'd be alright swapping Klefbom with Nurse if that gets the deal done. They maybe add a pick or something.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:13 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Thats the thing they got no reason to trade Bjugstad who's looking real good for them. We'd need to overpay. I'd be alright swapping Klefbom with Nurse if that gets the deal done. They maybe add a pick or something.
You want to now add Nurse to sweeten the deal. We need size in our top 6 but lets not over value a player because they have size. You offer Nurse for Bjug they take that and run.

You offer Eberle for Bjug they take that and run. As for Kulikov with the left shooting prospects we have coming up I wouldn't look at him I think Klefbom will be the better dman.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:17 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
You want to now add Nurse to sweeten the deal. We need size in our top 6 but lets not over value a player because they have size. You offer Nurse for Bjug they take that and run.

You offer Eberle for Bjug they take that and run. As for Kulikov with the left shooting prospects we have coming up I wouldn't look at him I think Klefbom will be the better dman.
Not a chance that Florida would trade Bjugstad straight up for Nurse. None zero zilch. Nurse is extremely overrated on this board and hasn't progressed as well as a lot of people were hoping he would this year. And not a chance I'd trade Eberle straight up for Bjugstad. People values of players are way off sometimes. Trading Eberle makes us a worse team no matter how you slice it, unless were getting a top line d man back in the deal.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:23 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Not a chance that Florida would trade Bjugstad straight up for Nurse. None zero zilch. Nurse is extremely overrated on this board and hasn't progressed as well as a lot of people were hoping he would this year. And not a chance I'd trade Eberle straight up for Bjugstad. People values of players are way off sometimes. Trading Eberle makes us a worse team no matter how you slice it, unless were getting a top line d man back in the deal.
Nurse has progressed very well this year.
Not going to argue on this.
I think if we want Couturier that Eberle would have to go back the other way. What would PHI have to add to Couturier to make it a fair trade?

Old
02-12-2014, 02:26 PM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
I think nurse has progressed better then most expected. The big question with him was offense and he is 2nd in dman scoring in the ohl while playing all situations and playing 30 mins a game... I dont know what you were expecting from him if you dont consider this "progressing as expected". All that said though, you are right that there is ZERO chance florida would take him straight up for bjugstad and i wouldnt offer anything else on top of him.

Also, i understand that florida doesnt want to trade bjugstad but i have to believe there could be a deal where one of the 3 big d prospects arent the + to gagner.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Joey Moss

Gagner and Nurse for Spezza. Thoughts?

Takes pressure off of Nuge, adds size to the top 6, 54% on faceoffs. With Marincin's play as well as Klefbom and maybe Ekblad on the way does that make Nurse expendable for the right deal? Spezza has 1 year left on his deal after this year but it could be worth the risk.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:30 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Gagner and Nurse for Spezza. Thoughts?
No thank you, don't want Spezza. Not saying he is not good but he is injured too much and is only signed for one more year. Nurse is the type of dman that this team needs. Big and plays with an edge.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
rockinghockey

What about a deal with PHI involving Eberle and Couturier?
What would be fair for both teams?
I am guessing PHI would have to add but what would the plus be?

Old
02-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Every time his name is brought up in Oilers now, Stauffer re-directs to the caller to Brayden Schenn. Apparently he's much more obtainable.

Old
02-12-2014, 02:40 PM
oStealthKiller

Quote:
Eberle + 2nd/musil for couts and coburn

Old
02-12-2014, 03:24 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Eberle + 2nd/musil for couts and coburn
PHI fans won't trade Couturier, he is too valuable to their team. They offered B.Schenn and 2nd for Eberle.

Closed Thread