HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Oh my lord... Marty Lapointe and Brisbois better make this guy come back.
He has a 3 year ELC contract so no reason he won't come back...

Old
02-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He has a 3 year ELC contract so no reason he won't come back...
Two year. We can force him back next year but that's it.

Old
02-12-2014, 08:30 AM
FisherKing

McCarron

I'm almost afraid to ask but this thread seems to have evolved from ONLY MCCARRON to NO MCCARRON. So how is our boy doing these days? Is it a case of "no news is good news" or just that "no news is....well...no news"?

Old
02-12-2014, 09:27 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Still looks like Jason Segal.

Old
02-12-2014, 10:42 AM
thomashefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Still looks like Jason Segal.
e5 - confirmed

Old
02-12-2014, 10:58 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I have a feeling the intimidation game is more likely to happen when he starts playing against adults. Once he notices these players aren't going to cower and let themselves be bullied, he will step up the physical game. I imagine a player of his stature is reluctant to put all of his effort into hitting 16 year olds.
No, sorry, just not true. In the game, you don't shy away from a guy because he is small or young. You hit him. Your post has nothing to do with hockey at the level these guys play.

Old
02-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
And one year is burned at the end of this one.

Old
02-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Why would they have to "force him back" the guy surely wants to play in the NHL and would come without hesitation. You just let him play SEL instead of AHL until he is ready for NHL duty.

Old
02-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Why would they have to "force him back" the guy surely wants to play in the NHL and would come without hesitation. You just let him play SEL instead of AHL until he is ready for NHL duty.
In his interview he said he had to return next year but an organization would surely not want a player who doesn't want to be there. Maybe he only meant in the AHL but it sounds like Nygren doesn't want to play in North America at all.

Old
02-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
In his interview he said he had to return next year but an organization would surely not want a player who doesn't want to be there. Maybe he only meant in the AHL but it sounds like Nygren doesn't want to play in North America at all.
I'm sure he would have no issues with Montreal.

Old
02-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask but this thread seems to have evolved from ONLY MCCARRON to NO MCCARRON. So how is our boy doing these days? Is it a case of "no news is good news" or just that "no news is....well...no news"?
scored tonight against Sarnia. If only he could play against Sarnia/Belleville/Kitchener every night

Old
02-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Habsoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
scored tonight against Sarnia. If only he could play against Sarnia/Belleville/Kitchener every night
No kidding! Check out buffalos 7th rd dman with London. Only 2 less points than Mac!
Thats terribad! Hope he can turn it around!

Old
02-13-2014, 09:17 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
That's not impossible, but much more likely is that his comments were misquoted - misinterpreted - exaggerated....

Could also be he's not terribly mature and didn't like Hamilton; using hyperbole to explain himself.
In any case, he's a talented D with a ton of potential. Jettisoning him now is absurd.

We have managers to specifically deal with this kind of scenario. No need to panic.

Old
02-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Jrham15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsoil View Post
No kidding! Check out buffalos 7th rd dman with London. Only 2 less points than Mac!
Thats terribad! Hope he can turn it around!
if he didn't score then it would have been real bad only like 2 people on London didn't get a point!

Old
02-13-2014, 09:29 PM
That

McCarron looked good tonight when he played. Played some PK and PP. Scored a goal, too. Initially bobbled the pass, but blew the past the defender and then cut to the slot and fired a backhander over the sprawled goaltender. He took a tripping penalty and complained all the way to the box and was given an unsportsmanlike. Only shift he saw in the third was he left the penalty box and headed to the bench.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:37 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
McCarron looked good tonight when he played. Played some PK and PP. Scored a goal, too. Initially bobbled the pass, but blew the past the defender and then cut to the slot and fired a backhander over the sprawled goaltender. He took a tripping penalty and complained all the way to the box and was given an unsportsmanlike. Only shift he saw in the third was he left the penalty box and headed to the bench.
Sounds like he might need to mature a bit. Anyway, thanks to those who responded to my inquiry about Mac. I'm not terribly concerned at this stage. He obviously has a few things to learn and work on. Time will tell. In the meantime, it seems we have some other prospects who are progressing well from what I'm reading and hearing.

Old
02-14-2014, 08:58 AM
S Bah

Quote:
I'm sure he would have no issues with Montreal.
Five * Hotels and room service, what's not to like, oh yeah practices and getting run over by 200 lb+ forwards hell bent on scoring against Price.

Old
02-14-2014, 10:22 AM
K19*

De La Rose update? How's he been playing?

Old
02-14-2014, 10:44 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19 View Post
De La Rose update? How's he been playing?
Haven't seen him play since the WJHC's, but he was one of the best players there at least IMHO. He will be a good pro, when he comes over whether that's in Hamilton or after a couple more yrs. in the SHL.

Old
02-14-2014, 11:54 AM
That

Michael McCarron's Knights take on the Sting again tonight. In their last three meetings, London has outscored them 27-7. McCarron has three goals and three assists in those three games. He loves playing against the Sting apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Sounds like he might need to mature a bit. Anyway, thanks to those who responded to my inquiry about Mac. I'm not terribly concerned at this stage. He obviously has a few things to learn and work on. Time will tell. In the meantime, it seems we have some other prospects who are progressing well from what I'm reading and hearing.
He definitely does. He's taken quite a unsportsmanlike penalties and misconducts IIRC. Even when he wasn't playing hard he still has ran into that issue.

Old
02-14-2014, 12:04 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
McCarron ...definitely does. He's taken quite a unsportsmanlike penalties and misconducts IIRC. Even when he wasn't playing hard he still has ran into that issue.
Well, as my Dad used to say, "boys will be boys, and so will a lotta middle-aged men". He'll learn.

Old
02-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

If big Mac can finish the year with 40 pts I'll be happy with that. I'm not worried at all eith his first season like 75% of you guys. Give him an other year.

Old
02-14-2014, 12:50 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

BTW I was looking at Vail stats this year and I'm really impressed with his 70 pts and +35, anyone have seen him play this year??

Old
02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
pc_md

Quote:
BTW I was looking at Vail stats this year and I'm really impressed with his 70 pts and +35, anyone have seen him play this year??
What's more impressive is that he has continued to produce after that blockbuster trade that sent Rychel and Ebert to Guelph. In 27 games since the trade, he has 39 points. And Windsor is still winning...

Yet, in my limited viewing, he seems to do a lot of small things well but does not excel at anything. Not sure he will make it to the NHL but seeing him produce is certainly a good sign.

Old
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
What's more impressive is that he has continued to produce after that blockbuster trade that sent Rychel and Ebert to Guelph. In 27 games since the trade, he has 39 points. And Windsor is still winning...

Yet, in my limited viewing, he seems to do a lot of small things well but does not excel at anything. Not sure he will make it to the NHL but seeing him produce is certainly a good sign.
Hopefully the Habs will announce they have signed him soon.

At worse he should be a solid 2 way 3rd liner with size in the Eller mold.

Closed Thread