HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Jerseys (Part II)

Old
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
Jerseys (Part II)

Continue Here...

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

I really wanted a Kane team USA jersey or t-shirt, I can't find one in any of my local stores. I remember seeing them in 2010, pretty weird.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 09:46 PM
FLYguy3911

The Blue Sweden jerseys are so slick. I know Sweden prefers wearing the Gold, but the Blues always look so much better to me. The Gold ones look washed out this year. Anyone selling these yet? Not crazy about the white names, but I guess its OK with the white outline on the crest and numbers.

The Czech jerseys looked a lot better to me than they looked in the Nike pictures. I really liked the number font with the outline. The horizontal blue strip didn't bother me. Anxious to see how their colored version looks on ice.

Something seems like its missing on the Swiss jerseys. The "Suisse" on the elbows looks like one of the ads they wear in the Worlds. Not much to the jersey. Again, I like the Number font though with the black outline. Simple and easy to read.

Latvia's was pretty standard to what they usually wear. Nice looking uniform nonetheless. Their white set looked better in the official Nike photos to me. The dark socks looked hideous with the half black half maroon. We will see how they look in action.

I know I'm in the minority but I like the graphics on the shoulders. It's not like you can see them during the action or anything. It's just nice detail IMO. I think Sweden's were sharp. Maybe Switzerland could have used something to balance out their jersey.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 02-12-2014 at 09:53 PM.
FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Team Slovenia Jerseys

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy, if they're for sale, the team Slovenia jerseys they were wearing today against Russia?

I wanted to get one with Jan Mursak's name and number on it. Seeing that he is a former Saginaw Spirit player and Detroit draftee, that type of jersey would be very welcome in my collection.

Been having a tough time finding a site that sells them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 09:06 AM
zamo86

@wirelessflyingcord

Used in soccer too?

Yes they did until 2010 (the pictured one is from the 2010WC - away). Nowdays they are using white and light blue as two primary colours.

zamo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 10:08 AM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch for the Yeti View Post
I really wanted a Kane team USA jersey or t-shirt, I can't find one in any of my local stores. I remember seeing them in 2010, pretty weird.
Dick's Sporting Goods website had some (they have more than other sites I've noticed), but the sizes were going quick.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:28 PM
premadonna

vCash: 520

I can't believe people think that's a bad looking uniform. I think it looks great.

premadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy, if they're for sale, the team Slovenia jerseys they were wearing today against Russia?

I wanted to get one with Jan Mursak's name and number on it. Seeing that he is a former Saginaw Spirit player and Detroit draftee, that type of jersey would be very welcome in my collection.

Been having a tough time finding a site that sells them. Any help would be much appreciated.
The only place I can find anything is www.itaksport.com/en. But these are not Nike's nor are they twill. I wanted a blue Kopitar and emailed them and was told they aren't Nikes and all logos and numbers are screenprinted. For around $115 Canadian (including shipping), that was far too expensive for a knockoff.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:30 PM
usahockey22flyers
Classic Coburn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by premadonna View Post

I can't believe people think that's a bad looking uniform. I think it looks great.
I'm not too high on the white ones, but I always thought the blue ones look amazing. I just think the whites are too comparable to Slovakia's jerseys.

They definitely look better on the ice.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Hogie

Are these legit?

http://www.shophockeycanada.com/

Hogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:38 PM
agent22red
10/10/14

vCash: 206
I can honestly say that when I first saw them I thought that they were extremely ugly, but after seeing them on the ice...I thought they were really nice.

Does Dicks have the option of getting a player on it? I want Oshie

agent22red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie View Post
The site looks slightly fishy to me since they accept Western Union and Money Gram for payment. Also, Canada.com link at the top doesn't take you to the Postmedia website, but rather the homepage for that site. Lastly, their blog is empty.

The other thing is the small price difference between authentic and replica jerseys. Generally, even discounted the authentic would be far more expensive than the replica.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:56 PM
dspbathroom

US Jerseys look nice

dspbathroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
End on a Hinote
Registered Abuser

IMO this is the first time since Salt Lake 2002 that Canada's jerseys are nicer then the US. I really like them, and I like how they were able to make a really nice jersey using only read and white. I didn't like how the Salt Lake jerseys used black stripes (a non-Canadian colour) to make the jerseys as nice as they were. Our 2010 jerseys were terrible. So bland, they looked like those $7 Team Canada "jerseys" you get in the kids clothing department at Zellers or Wal-Mart. These are a huge improvement.

End on a Hinote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Bullwine85

Quote:
Originally Posted by End on a Hinote View Post
IMO this is the first time since Salt Lake 2002 that Canada's jerseys are nicer then the US. I really like them, and I like how they were able to make a really nice jersey using only read and white. I didn't like how the Salt Lake jerseys used black stripes (a non-Canadian colour) to make the jerseys as nice as they were. Our 2010 jerseys were terrible. So bland, they looked like those $7 Team Canada "jerseys" you get in the kids clothing department at Zellers or Wal-Mart. These are a huge improvement.
The Canada jerseys have grown on me, but I can't get past that white armband/stripe thingy that's only on one arm. Would be a LOT better if it was either on both arms, or not there at all.

Bullwine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Thinking of getting a Doughty Team Canada jersey, doubt I want the red ones though. I'm mostly leaning towards white at this point, but could get dirty pretty easily.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 03:35 PM
OOEEL

Hope I don't get slaughtered for not drudging through all 40 pages of the last thread, but is there anywhere to order a Russian white jersey or either of the Swedish jerseys that would ship to the US?

And for customization are they done through that site or would I have to get it and then ship it back out to another site?

OOEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
danielpalfredsson

Sweden by far has the best jersey of the tournament. The full blue uniform looks amazing. I know people tend to rag on jerseys that are too simple (see Sharks new uniform), but I think Sweden's blue uniform looks better simplified with stripes only on the waist and not the arms.

Canada's uniform is disappointing. Asymmetric jerseys rarely look good. The stripe being only on one arm, the white part not extending to the back.....it's not as bad as the Sabres new third, but it lacks flow. The black one looks good on fans wearing it in the stands, I just don't really like how asymmetrical jerseys look on the ice.

I hate to say it, but the US jerseys are nice.

River City Sports has the authentic version of the Team Canada jerseys...............only 450.

Does anybody in Canada remember if/how heavily Team Canada jerseys were discounted at places like Sportschek or Sports Experts after the 2010 Olympics concluded?

danielpalfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 05:49 PM
eme

I'm positively surprised about the Finlands jersey. Not great, but a lot better than I expected after the initial release.

eme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 06:11 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by eme View Post
I'm positively surprised about the Finlands jersey. Not great, but a lot better than I expected after the initial release.
Yeah it looks good with the numbers and lettering.

Still skeptical of the blues.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
A lot of the jerseys look A LOT better on the ice. Tempted to buy a Kane or Parise USA jersey now.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 07:45 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Canada's jerseys are bad. One poster said it well, the should graphics on the canadian jersey looks like sweats stains

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
The only place I can find anything is www.itaksport.com/en. But these are not Nike's nor are they twill. I wanted a blue Kopitar and emailed them and was told they aren't Nikes and all logos and numbers are screenprinted. For around $115 Canadian (including shipping), that was far too expensive for a knockoff.
Yeah I found that site too but I noticed that the color of the numbers on the white jerseys was wrong, so it didn't seem to legit to me.

Kingpin794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 11:50 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Quote:

The shiny parts still bother me, but the design and crest all together look nice.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Bandit

Quote:

All the press on crap on the shoulders it what makes them look cheap. I don't think they're bad per se, but also the shoulder numbers are hard to see from the TV camera, either due to their size or placement. Otherwise they are nice.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote