HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr is lost

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2007, 04:41 AM
dumpsathernow*

vCash: 500
Jagr is lost

"They're young guys," Jagr said of his new linemates. "We have to see what's going to happen."

How is our captain this stupid. One, Krog is old and he stinks. Two, Hossa is 26. That's not young Jags for a guy that has been in the league for 3-4 years and hasn't accomplished squat. Young is 22-24. At 26, you should be in your prime.

Old
02-09-2007, 04:44 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
"They're young guys," Jagr said of his new linemates. "We have to see what's going to happen."

How is our captain this stupid. One, Krog is old and he stinks. Two, Hossa is 26. That's not young Jags for a guy that has been in the league for 3-4 years and hasn't accomplished squat. Young is 22-24. At 26, you should be in your prime.
by young, I'm pretty sure he meant inexperienced.

Old
02-09-2007, 04:46 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
by young, I'm pretty sure he meant inexperienced.
No, I'm pretty sure he's that stupid and doesn't have a clue how old guys are.

Old
02-09-2007, 05:42 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:

Old
02-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Well they are youngER than the guys he has been playing with.

Old
02-09-2007, 05:55 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Stupid is thinking that a player is in his prime at 26. The prime years today are probably somewhere in the range of 28-33 years of age. in NHL terms, 26 is still young unless you are a superstar. And Hossa hasn't been a full time NHLer for more than 2 years!

Old
02-09-2007, 06:02 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Stupid is thinking that a player is in his prime at 26. The prime years today are probably somewhere in the range of 28-33 years of age. in NHL terms, 26 is still young unless you are a superstar. And Hossa hasn't been a full time NHLer for more than 2 years!

Ah Ha! Please. If you talk to anybody who really understands NHL hockey, they will tell you that a hockey player approaches his prime at 25 usually till 31. Hockey is a brutal game. This isn't baseball dude. Players don't get better past that unless maybe they are a goalie. Saying a player is in his prime at 33 is mind boggling. Especially a player who plays a physical style. Those types are lucky if they are still in their prime at 31.

As far as those guys being inexperienced. Krog has 198 games of NHL experience. Hossa about 178. I hardly call that inexperience in the NHL. Plus, if you have listened to Jagr the past couple years, you must be on another planet not to realize this guy isn't the brightest guy in the world.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Jaromir Jagr is delusional.A couple of days ago,Jagr said the Rangers have 28 games left which is more than a 1/4 of the season which leaves the Rangers with plenty of time to qualify for a playoff berth.His response was to a question concerning the Rangers being possible sellers.Tom Renney said after the All Star break it would take 92 points to make the playoffs.The Rangers have 55 points and would need 37 points to hit the 92 point mark.They would need to win 18-19 of the remaining 28 games.This team has the second fewest wins on home ice.As Larry Brooks pointed out,the Rangers have 15 points out a possible 44 points in their last 22 games.Have lost four straight games.Are 2-4 since the All Star break.Jagr said the post All Star break was going to be Jagr time.Looks more like closing time

Old
02-09-2007, 06:14 AM
dumpsathernow*

Take Roenick for example. His last real good year was around 30 to 31. Graves last good year was about 30. You can't look at somebody like Jagr and apply him to the equation or because you are talking about one of the great talents in NHL history. Or Hall of Fame types for that matter. Defenseman often wear down quicker than forwards. Leetch was pretty much done with big years by 29. He had one comeback year at 32. However, after 29, he was not the same player.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jaromir Jagr is delusional.A couple of days ago,Jagr said the Rangers have 28 games left which is more than a 1/4 of the season which leaves the Rangers with plenty of time to qualify for a playoff berth.His response was to a question concerning the Rangers being possible sellers.Tom Renney said after the All Star break it would take 92 points to make the playoffs.The Rangers have 55 points and would need 37 points to hit the 92 point mark.They would need to win 18-19 of the remaining 28 games.This team has the second fewest wins on home ice.As Larry Brooks pointed out,the Rangers have 15 points out a possible 44 points in their last 22 games.Have lost four straight games.Are 2-4 since the All Star break.Jagr said the post All Star break was going to be Jagr time.Looks more like closing time
Those were his actual words, "Its going to be Jagr time?" LMAO.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
dumpsathernow*

Agree Ranger Boy. I can't believe we are going to have Jagr supporters here when it comes to his intelligence. I mean, seriously, the guy is mental moron. Great talent but his entire career, he has made a fool of himself with things he says.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Well...atleast we know Jagr isnt some internet loser who obsessively checks hockeydb.com to find out all the NYR players DOB's.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:22 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Well...atleast we know Jagr isnt some internet loser who obsessively checks hockeydb.com to find out all the NYR players DOB's.
Funny, seems to me the only internet loser would be somebody who bashes an internet poster for making a valid point which is obvious knowledge to anybody who watches the sport.

I can't help it if you don't follow the sport or team enough to understand how old players like Krog and Hossa are. You probably didn't know what a bad coach Renney was last year either.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:35 AM
DutchShamrock

so right now we have a thread dedicated to Jagr's perception of young? And because a 34 yr old thinks a 26 yr old is young we are calling him stupid?

You realize that you just read an entire article and you found that one issue to base a man's inteligence on.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Ah Ha! Please. If you talk to anybody who really understands NHL hockey, they will tell you that a hockey player approaches his prime at 25 usually till 31. Hockey is a brutal game. This isn't baseball dude. Players don't get better past that unless maybe they are a goalie. Saying a player is in his prime at 33 is mind boggling. Especially a player who plays a physical style. Those types are lucky if they are still in their prime at 31.

As far as those guys being inexperienced. Krog has 198 games of NHL experience. Hossa about 178. I hardly call that inexperience in the NHL. Plus, if you have listened to Jagr the past couple years, you must be on another planet not to realize this guy isn't the brightest guy in the world.
178 games over the course of six years is SQUAT in terms of developing a fair assesment of a players talent. Last season was his first FULL NHL season, this being his second , and he is FINALLY showing that he has some ability, and dare I say....he still has upside potential.
Secondly, Jagr is not from North America, I'm sure if you and I went over to his homeland, we'd sound out of place and clueless. He is a guy who clearly is happiest using his own language, and doesn't appear nearly as comfortable speaking english, to call him stupid is just wrong. Some players assimilate into north american culture well, some don't, thats life. I believe there are plenty of stats to counter your assesment of a players prime, so I wont even try to argue it. I know hockey is a brutal sport, so is football, whats your point? The bottom line here is that the prime years have changed as training methods and nutrition have. As far as goaltending is concerned, the fact is that MANY goaltenders prime years are in their early to mid 30's. Once again, I'm not saying either of us is wrong or right, I'm just saying we can both offer evidence to support our positions.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
so right now we have a thread dedicated to Jagr's perception of young? And because a 34 yr old thinks a 26 yr old is young we are calling him stupid?
You realize that you just read an entire article and you found that one issue to base a man's inteligence on.
Thats basically what I got also

Old
02-09-2007, 06:40 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post

100% not true. You are assuming that. I'm basing how stupid he is off his entire career and what has come out of his mouth for years. Another poster pointed out he said the team looked like they were done. Ummmm. He is the captain right? Have you paid attention to his career? How many times has he come out and talked about his coaches and how they weren't allowing him to play like HE wanted. Do you even remember the whole saga where he was going to Sather TELLING him who he should get on the team till finally Sather got PO'ed. It's like, people here actually think they are dealing with an intelligent man here.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Those were his actual words, "Its going to be Jagr time?" LMAO.
Read carefully goumba

Quote:
Going into tomorrow's resumption of the schedule after the All-Star break, a somewhat rebuilt and significantly revived Jagr has a different message for the Rangers: Climb on my back, because I'm now ready to carry you home.

"I don't want to talk about it, but I truly believe something huge is going to happen," Jagr said after the Rangers were reunited from their various break activities for an evening practice in Greenburgh
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-414509c.html

Old
02-09-2007, 06:44 AM
dumpsathernow*

Sorry if I feel like a captain should actually have some brains. Try listening to how captains like Messier, Yzerman, S. Stevens, Sakic and Gretzky talk. Then listen to Jagr and please tell me how this guy is bright. It's always about Jagr.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:48 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Sorry if I don't feel like a captain should actually have some brains. Try listening to how captains like Messier, Yzerman, S. Stevens, Sakic and Gretzky talk. Then listen to Jagr and please tell me how this guy is bright. It's always about Jagr.
Every single one of those guys is NA, Jagr isn't, why is that so hard to comprehend? He clearly has his difficulties getting his point across in english, and btw, are you stating that none of those guys EVER was quoted saying something that sounded stupid or selfish?

Old
02-09-2007, 06:50 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Every single one of those guys is NA, Jagr isn't, why is that so hard to comprehend? He clearly has his difficulties getting his point across in english, and btw, are you stating that none of those guys EVER was quoted saying something that sounded stupid or selfish?
Please. Just stop. This has nothing to do with his English. This has to do with his brain. After all these years, he still doesn't get it. It's about the team. Not him. If you want to think he's a bright guy. Knock yourself out. Go look at his entire career and things he's said. To me, if you are playing a team sport, it's not that hard to figure out it's about the team, not yourself. Jagr still doesn't get that. I don't believe he's a bad guy. I just think he's stupid. He doesn't have enough brain power to say the right things. To do the right things. He's been a problem his entire career for teams.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Levitate

I like how in hockey arguments, the "end all" argument is always something like:

"If you've ever played hockey or knew ANYTHING about it, then you'd know I'm right!!"

Ad hominem attacks are wonderful things, apparently

Old
02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
gaglinefan

JJ

Personally I don't care what he says. The guy is a wizard on skates, arguably the best Euro player ever and he loves the Rangers. Without him we would be a lot farther away from any semblance of respectability. The guy wants to win, a lot more than many others imho he deserves our respect.

Old
02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Please. Just stop. This has nothing to do with his English. This has to do with his brain. After all these years, he still doesn't get it. It's about the team. Not him. If you want to think he's a bright guy. Knock yourself out. Go look at his entire career and things he's said. To me, if you are playing a team sport, it's not that hard to figure out it's about the team, not yourself. Jagr still doesn't get that. I don't believe he's a bad guy. I just think he's stupid. He doesn't have enough brain power to say the right things. To do the right things. He's been a problem his entire career for teams.
He has been anything but a problem for the Rangers! He helped give this franchise its dignity back after it was a laughing stock on both ESPN and around the league. You don't seem to be open minded and I don't want to argue,but I hardly think Jagr is stupid. He does have a big ego, but most great players do.

As far as being a team guy........he did take Prucha under his wing, and help him get used to being here. But he just isn't a leader in the mold of a Messier or a Gretzky, or a Shanahan. That doesn't make the guy clueless, or stupid. He clearly feels he is a difference maker, and you know something, when he's 100% healthy he's 100% right! Even being shadowed these 2 seasons, and not getting alot of calls his way, look at the numbers the guy has put up, and this season its been with a bad shoulder everyone in the league knows about! I don't get how you're a Ranger fan, know what this franchise was like before he got here, what he's done as a Ranger, and you still look to denigrate him! Makes no sense to me.....

Last edited by bleedrngrblue: 02-09-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
100% not true. You are assuming that. I'm basing how stupid he is off his entire career and what has come out of his mouth for years. Another poster pointed out he said the team looked like they were done. Ummmm. He is the captain right? Have you paid attention to his career? How many times has he come out and talked about his coaches and how they weren't allowing him to play like HE wanted. Do you even remember the whole saga where he was going to Sather TELLING him who he should get on the team till finally Sather got PO'ed. It's like, people here actually think they are dealing with an intelligent man here.
I don't like how you talk to other board memebers. Relax. Stop jumping over everybody.

Closed Thread