HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr is lost

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2007, 04:41 AM
  #1
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Jagr is lost

"They're young guys," Jagr said of his new linemates. "We have to see what's going to happen."

How is our captain this stupid. One, Krog is old and he stinks. Two, Hossa is 26. That's not young Jags for a guy that has been in the league for 3-4 years and hasn't accomplished squat. Young is 22-24. At 26, you should be in your prime.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 04:44 AM
  #2
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
"They're young guys," Jagr said of his new linemates. "We have to see what's going to happen."

How is our captain this stupid. One, Krog is old and he stinks. Two, Hossa is 26. That's not young Jags for a guy that has been in the league for 3-4 years and hasn't accomplished squat. Young is 22-24. At 26, you should be in your prime.
by young, I'm pretty sure he meant inexperienced.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 04:46 AM
  #3
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
by young, I'm pretty sure he meant inexperienced.
No, I'm pretty sure he's that stupid and doesn't have a clue how old guys are.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 05:42 AM
  #4
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
No, I'm pretty sure he's that stupid and doesn't have a clue how old guys are.

FLYLine24* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 05:51 AM
  #5
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,146
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
No, I'm pretty sure he's that stupid and doesn't have a clue how old guys are.
Well they are youngER than the guys he has been playing with.

Radek27 is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 05:55 AM
  #6
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
No, I'm pretty sure he's that stupid and doesn't have a clue how old guys are.
Stupid is thinking that a player is in his prime at 26. The prime years today are probably somewhere in the range of 28-33 years of age. in NHL terms, 26 is still young unless you are a superstar. And Hossa hasn't been a full time NHLer for more than 2 years!

bleedrngrblue is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:02 AM
  #7
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Stupid is thinking that a player is in his prime at 26. The prime years today are probably somewhere in the range of 28-33 years of age. in NHL terms, 26 is still young unless you are a superstar. And Hossa hasn't been a full time NHLer for more than 2 years!


Ah Ha! Please. If you talk to anybody who really understands NHL hockey, they will tell you that a hockey player approaches his prime at 25 usually till 31. Hockey is a brutal game. This isn't baseball dude. Players don't get better past that unless maybe they are a goalie. Saying a player is in his prime at 33 is mind boggling. Especially a player who plays a physical style. Those types are lucky if they are still in their prime at 31.


As far as those guys being inexperienced. Krog has 198 games of NHL experience. Hossa about 178. I hardly call that inexperience in the NHL. Plus, if you have listened to Jagr the past couple years, you must be on another planet not to realize this guy isn't the brightest guy in the world.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:12 AM
  #8
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,751
vCash: 500
Jaromir Jagr is delusional.A couple of days ago,Jagr said the Rangers have 28 games left which is more than a 1/4 of the season which leaves the Rangers with plenty of time to qualify for a playoff berth.His response was to a question concerning the Rangers being possible sellers.Tom Renney said after the All Star break it would take 92 points to make the playoffs.The Rangers have 55 points and would need 37 points to hit the 92 point mark.They would need to win 18-19 of the remaining 28 games.This team has the second fewest wins on home ice.As Larry Brooks pointed out,the Rangers have 15 points out a possible 44 points in their last 22 games.Have lost four straight games.Are 2-4 since the All Star break.Jagr said the post All Star break was going to be Jagr time.Looks more like closing time

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:14 AM
  #9
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Take Roenick for example. His last real good year was around 30 to 31. Graves last good year was about 30. You can't look at somebody like Jagr and apply him to the equation or because you are talking about one of the great talents in NHL history. Or Hall of Fame types for that matter. Defenseman often wear down quicker than forwards. Leetch was pretty much done with big years by 29. He had one comeback year at 32. However, after 29, he was not the same player.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
  #10
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Jaromir Jagr is delusional.A couple of days ago,Jagr said the Rangers have 28 games left which is more than a 1/4 of the season which leaves the Rangers with plenty of time to qualify for a playoff berth.His response was to a question concerning the Rangers being possible sellers.Tom Renney said after the All Star break it would take 92 points to make the playoffs.The Rangers have 55 points and would need 37 points to hit the 92 point mark.They would need to win 18-19 of the remaining 28 games.This team has the second fewest wins on home ice.As Larry Brooks pointed out,the Rangers have 15 points out a possible 44 points in their last 22 games.Have lost four straight games.Are 2-4 since the All Star break.Jagr said the post All Star break was going to be Jagr time.Looks more like closing time
Those were his actual words, "Its going to be Jagr time?" LMAO.

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ WEB
DRAFTBUZZ TWITTER
Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:18 AM
  #11
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Agree Ranger Boy. I can't believe we are going to have Jagr supporters here when it comes to his intelligence. I mean, seriously, the guy is mental moron. Great talent but his entire career, he has made a fool of himself with things he says.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:19 AM
  #12
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
Well...atleast we know Jagr isnt some internet loser who obsessively checks hockeydb.com to find out all the NYR players DOB's.

Anthony Mauro is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:22 AM
  #13
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Well...atleast we know Jagr isnt some internet loser who obsessively checks hockeydb.com to find out all the NYR players DOB's.
Funny, seems to me the only internet loser would be somebody who bashes an internet poster for making a valid point which is obvious knowledge to anybody who watches the sport.

I can't help it if you don't follow the sport or team enough to understand how old players like Krog and Hossa are. You probably didn't know what a bad coach Renney was last year either.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:35 AM
  #14
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
so right now we have a thread dedicated to Jagr's perception of young? And because a 34 yr old thinks a 26 yr old is young we are calling him stupid?

You realize that you just read an entire article and you found that one issue to base a man's inteligence on.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
  #15
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Ah Ha! Please. If you talk to anybody who really understands NHL hockey, they will tell you that a hockey player approaches his prime at 25 usually till 31. Hockey is a brutal game. This isn't baseball dude. Players don't get better past that unless maybe they are a goalie. Saying a player is in his prime at 33 is mind boggling. Especially a player who plays a physical style. Those types are lucky if they are still in their prime at 31.


As far as those guys being inexperienced. Krog has 198 games of NHL experience. Hossa about 178. I hardly call that inexperience in the NHL. Plus, if you have listened to Jagr the past couple years, you must be on another planet not to realize this guy isn't the brightest guy in the world.
178 games over the course of six years is SQUAT in terms of developing a fair assesment of a players talent. Last season was his first FULL NHL season, this being his second , and he is FINALLY showing that he has some ability, and dare I say....he still has upside potential.
Secondly, Jagr is not from North America, I'm sure if you and I went over to his homeland, we'd sound out of place and clueless. He is a guy who clearly is happiest using his own language, and doesn't appear nearly as comfortable speaking english, to call him stupid is just wrong. Some players assimilate into north american culture well, some don't, thats life. I believe there are plenty of stats to counter your assesment of a players prime, so I wont even try to argue it. I know hockey is a brutal sport, so is football, whats your point? The bottom line here is that the prime years have changed as training methods and nutrition have. As far as goaltending is concerned, the fact is that MANY goaltenders prime years are in their early to mid 30's. Once again, I'm not saying either of us is wrong or right, I'm just saying we can both offer evidence to support our positions.

bleedrngrblue is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:40 AM
  #16
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
so right now we have a thread dedicated to Jagr's perception of young? And because a 34 yr old thinks a 26 yr old is young we are calling him stupid?
You realize that you just read an entire article and you found that one issue to base a man's inteligence on.
Thats basically what I got also

Finest is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:40 AM
  #17
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
so right now we have a thread dedicated to Jagr's perception of young? And because a 34 yr old thinks a 26 yr old is young we are calling him stupid?

You realize that you just read an entire article and you found that one issue to base a man's inteligence on.
100% not true. You are assuming that. I'm basing how stupid he is off his entire career and what has come out of his mouth for years. Another poster pointed out he said the team looked like they were done. Ummmm. He is the captain right? Have you paid attention to his career? How many times has he come out and talked about his coaches and how they weren't allowing him to play like HE wanted. Do you even remember the whole saga where he was going to Sather TELLING him who he should get on the team till finally Sather got PO'ed. It's like, people here actually think they are dealing with an intelligent man here.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:42 AM
  #18
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Those were his actual words, "Its going to be Jagr time?" LMAO.
Read carefully goumba

Quote:
Going into tomorrow's resumption of the schedule after the All-Star break, a somewhat rebuilt and significantly revived Jagr has a different message for the Rangers: Climb on my back, because I'm now ready to carry you home.

"I don't want to talk about it, but I truly believe something huge is going to happen," Jagr said after the Rangers were reunited from their various break activities for an evening practice in Greenburgh
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-414509c.html

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:44 AM
  #19
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Sorry if I feel like a captain should actually have some brains. Try listening to how captains like Messier, Yzerman, S. Stevens, Sakic and Gretzky talk. Then listen to Jagr and please tell me how this guy is bright. It's always about Jagr.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:48 AM
  #20
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Sorry if I don't feel like a captain should actually have some brains. Try listening to how captains like Messier, Yzerman, S. Stevens, Sakic and Gretzky talk. Then listen to Jagr and please tell me how this guy is bright. It's always about Jagr.
Every single one of those guys is NA, Jagr isn't, why is that so hard to comprehend? He clearly has his difficulties getting his point across in english, and btw, are you stating that none of those guys EVER was quoted saying something that sounded stupid or selfish?

bleedrngrblue is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:50 AM
  #21
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Every single one of those guys is NA, Jagr isn't, why is that so hard to comprehend? He clearly has his difficulties getting his point across in english, and btw, are you stating that none of those guys EVER was quoted saying something that sounded stupid or selfish?
Please. Just stop. This has nothing to do with his English. This has to do with his brain. After all these years, he still doesn't get it. It's about the team. Not him. If you want to think he's a bright guy. Knock yourself out. Go look at his entire career and things he's said. To me, if you are playing a team sport, it's not that hard to figure out it's about the team, not yourself. Jagr still doesn't get that. I don't believe he's a bad guy. I just think he's stupid. He doesn't have enough brain power to say the right things. To do the right things. He's been a problem his entire career for teams.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:53 AM
  #22
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,441
vCash: 500
I like how in hockey arguments, the "end all" argument is always something like:

"If you've ever played hockey or knew ANYTHING about it, then you'd know I'm right!!"

Ad hominem attacks are wonderful things, apparently

Levitate is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 06:55 AM
  #23
gaglinefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
JJ

Personally I don't care what he says. The guy is a wizard on skates, arguably the best Euro player ever and he loves the Rangers. Without him we would be a lot farther away from any semblance of respectability. The guy wants to win, a lot more than many others imho he deserves our respect.

gaglinefan is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
  #24
bleedrngrblue
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fayetteville,N.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Please. Just stop. This has nothing to do with his English. This has to do with his brain. After all these years, he still doesn't get it. It's about the team. Not him. If you want to think he's a bright guy. Knock yourself out. Go look at his entire career and things he's said. To me, if you are playing a team sport, it's not that hard to figure out it's about the team, not yourself. Jagr still doesn't get that. I don't believe he's a bad guy. I just think he's stupid. He doesn't have enough brain power to say the right things. To do the right things. He's been a problem his entire career for teams.
He has been anything but a problem for the Rangers! He helped give this franchise its dignity back after it was a laughing stock on both ESPN and around the league. You don't seem to be open minded and I don't want to argue,but I hardly think Jagr is stupid. He does have a big ego, but most great players do.

As far as being a team guy........he did take Prucha under his wing, and help him get used to being here. But he just isn't a leader in the mold of a Messier or a Gretzky, or a Shanahan. That doesn't make the guy clueless, or stupid. He clearly feels he is a difference maker, and you know something, when he's 100% healthy he's 100% right! Even being shadowed these 2 seasons, and not getting alot of calls his way, look at the numbers the guy has put up, and this season its been with a bad shoulder everyone in the league knows about! I don't get how you're a Ranger fan, know what this franchise was like before he got here, what he's done as a Ranger, and you still look to denigrate him! Makes no sense to me.....


Last edited by bleedrngrblue: 02-09-2007 at 07:10 AM.
bleedrngrblue is offline  
Old
02-09-2007, 07:02 AM
  #25
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
100% not true. You are assuming that. I'm basing how stupid he is off his entire career and what has come out of his mouth for years. Another poster pointed out he said the team looked like they were done. Ummmm. He is the captain right? Have you paid attention to his career? How many times has he come out and talked about his coaches and how they weren't allowing him to play like HE wanted. Do you even remember the whole saga where he was going to Sather TELLING him who he should get on the team till finally Sather got PO'ed. It's like, people here actually think they are dealing with an intelligent man here.
I don't like how you talk to other board memebers. Relax. Stop jumping over everybody.

GarretJoseph is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.