HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Expected fire sale date - Feb. 16th

Old
02-09-2007, 05:22 AM
Taz

vCash: 500
Well if we are not making the play offs i would like them to sell off a few guys and let some kids play, people like Krog, Hall, Malik, Pock, Immonen maybe Ward or Rachunek are not long term.

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:12 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I find it funny how many negative people there are on this board, it seems like its grows more and more everyday with new users comming on and fanning the fire. The Rangers are still in it boys, whether you want to believe it or not, they are not far from a PO spot. I'm not saying they will,but damn the way some people make it seem you would think the Rangers were in last place having only won 10 games.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I find it funny how many negative people there are on this board, it seems like its grows more and more everyday with new users comming on and fanning the fire. The Rangers are still in it boys, whether you want to believe it or not, they are not far from a PO spot. I'm not saying they will,but damn the way some people make it seem you would think the Rangers were in last place having only won 10 games.
The Rangers have the second fewest wins on home ice in the NHL.The Rangers are 3-6-1 in their last ten.Have only 15 points out of the last possible 44 points.Since December 14,the Rangers are 7-14-1.The Rangers had a four point lead on the Devils on that date and now trail them by 19 points.In order for the Rangers to make the playoffs,they will need to win 18-19 out of the next 28 games.This was from a team which is 7-14-1 in their previous 22 games.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:27 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers have the second fewest wins on home ice in the NHL.The Rangers are 3-6-1 in their last ten.Have only 15 points out of the last possible 44 points.Since December 14,the Rangers are 7-14-1.The Rangers had a four point lead on the Devils on that date and now trail them by 19 points.In order for the Rangers to make the playoffs,they will need to win 18-19 out of the next 28 games.This was from a team which is 7-14-1 in their previous 22 games.
Believe me I understand that and I realize that its going to be a tall order for them to get into the PO's, but this team is FAR from the worst team in the leauge as some other people on here would make it seem. Thats all I was trying to get across

Old
02-09-2007, 06:29 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:

Yeah. I'm sorry if we are negative after watching about 8 years of incomptence. I'm sorry, weren't we promised a rebuild? Hmmmmm. I believe watching trash like Hossa, Betts, J. Ward, Hollweg, Krog, Rachunek and Malik doesn't classify us as a "rebuilding" team.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:34 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
Yeah. I'm sorry if we are negative after watching about 8 years of incomptence. I'm sorry, weren't we promised a rebuild? Hmmmmm. I believe watching trash like Hossa, Betts, J. Ward, Hollweg, Krog, Rachunek and Malik doesn't classify us as a "rebuilding" team.
It's not about that.The Rangers best offensive players are in their 30's and are basically on fumes.Tom Renney gave them so much icetime in October,November and December.Michael Nylander,Marty Straka,Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan look like they are on fumes.Henrik Lundqvist has played every game for the nearly the last seven weeks.

Old
02-09-2007, 07:20 AM
bathgate

Quote:
It's not about that.The Rangers best offensive players are in their 30's and are basically on fumes.Tom Renney gave them so much icetime in October,November and December.Michael Nylander,Marty Straka,Jaromir Jagr and Brendan Shanahan look like they are on fumes.Henrik Lundqvist has played every game for the nearly the last seven weeks.
T.B. you and I have mentioned this issue all year. The team lacks chemistry and Renney has steadfastedly refused to give Prucha, Immonnen, Pock Dawes, Callahan meaningful minutes with the team. Naturally, he has burnt out the over 30 gang. However, taken the realistic view, if the next three games do not produce at least four points, we will become sellers. Both Sather and Renney share in this year's debacle

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Well if we are not making the play offs i would like them to sell off a few guys and let some kids play, people like Krog, Hall, Malik, Pock, Immonen maybe Ward or Rachunek are not long term.
I really think we should keep Ward & if we are selling..then why not get a good long hard look at Immonen for the rest of the year?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Did you ever think as these players as being stop gaps until Renney/Sather/Dolan/Maloney/Whoever feel like the Kids are ready to play everyday with the big boys?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
NYR469

for me to consider it a fire sale it would have to include moving top guys like shanahan and nylander for real quality returns, i wouldn't consider dumping hall and krog a firesale...

that said though with regards to people looking toward the summer and attracting players here, what harm could possibly be done by unloading those bottom tier guys?? can anything negative come from dumping guys like hall and krog and then letting callahan and dubinsky finish the year in ny to 1)get experience and 2)to give us a better picture of what we have with them going into next season?

you'd still have jagr, shanny, straka, nylander, etc to attract players and then you have a better idea of what you have around them

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:54 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Did you ever think as these players as being stop gaps until Renney/Sather/Dolan/Maloney/Whoever feel like the Kids are ready to play everyday with the big boys?
there are kids ready to be just as good if not better than those guys, so if those guys are only stop gaps then why aren't they being removed as kids show they are ready?? renney & maloney have talked about a number of guys in hartford being ready but none of them are in ny?

and if blair betts is a stopgap until guys like dubinsky are ready and they think dubinsky is getting close to being ready, why did they give betts a 2 year extension?

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Fletch

Didn't we hear...

after the All Star Break about 4 or 5 guys ready and that the lineup may be changing to include some of those kids? Girardi got a call-up, only to replace Pock; then Pock got into the lineup only because Malik was out; what happens tonight, are we back to only one call-up in the lineup? I thought there were going to be some drastic changes, or was that motivation for the vets, who have lost a few in a row since then? Are they ready or not? Is this team going to wait until they're out of it to give them a chance? Is there a point in which they say they're out of it? Who know?

They're not ready...whatever...Callahan's not getting any better and Dawes looks bored to the point where he's regressing...whoop-di-do...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:09 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I really think we should keep Ward & if we are selling..then why not get a good long hard look at Immonen for the rest of the year?
Yes, Yea Ward makes some mistakes once in a while, but he is mean when he wants to be, I think he's a good D-man, to have down the stretch, (maybe not this year, but next). Agree, on Immonen too, just give him a sink or swim type deal for the rest of the season, can he really be any worse than Krog.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Fletch

Messiah and Garrett..

the organization has given up on Immonen. Renney saw something in his 19th NHL game that he didn't like and made a public statement.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Does anyone think that we will see Staal make an appearance this season after his season in junior is over? I dont know if it would be a good idea nessacarly but I could see it happening, thoughts?

Old
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
I agree with you on Krog and Malik only.

J. Ward is gone.

Hossa, Betts, and Hollweg play there roles quite well. Tell me other 3rd or 4th line guys that are better than Hossa and Betts on a team with the same depth as ours.

Whats wrong with Rachunek?, He's a fine 4th-6th D-man. And he's some what offensive, I think he's been pretty steady.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:22 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the organization has given up on Immonen. Renney saw something in his 19th NHL game that he didn't like and made a public statement.
anyone know what it was, if they really have given up on him, thats BS. 19 games, playing sparing minutes on a team with a coach whos decisions are most questionable. Garbage.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Fletch

It was two things...

one was his ability to keep up with the NHL pace, and the other was they thought he may be a bit too timid. Oddly enough, when he played last March when the games were more intense, at a minimum, I actually thought the opposite. He's a slowish skater, but a smart player. He further didn't seem to have a problem in his first 12 games and then he got to play with Jagr for one period, a period in which Jagr had his first 5 shots on goal, and Renney was then done with Immonen - 'cause he couldn't keep up with Jagr and that pace.

That basically sums it up.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:40 AM
dumpsathernow*

"Hossa, Betts, and Hollweg play there roles quite well. Tell me other 3rd or 4th line guys that are better than Hossa and Betts on a team with the same depth as ours."

Not in my book. I expect a lot more than those scrubs provide.

Hossa gets 11 minutes a game, has 7 points and is a -9
Hilbert on the Islanders gets 11 minutes, has 18 points and is a +12

Betts gets almost 15 minutes of icetime, has 7 points and is a -2. That's pathetic
Hunter on the Isles gets 15 minutes, has 23 points and is a +7

Hollweg has 0 points getting about 8 1/2 minutes of icetime and is a -9
Asham has 15 points getting about 9 minutes of icetime and is a +3

In other words, those players do their role pathetically. Ted Nolan knows what role players should produce and how to use them. That's why he's a great coach and Renney is a buffoon. Rangers fans need to start realizing what a good role player is.

I could give you a TON of guys who get almost 15 minutes of ice time or 11 minutes of ice time that aren't sitting there with 7 points.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:54 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Edmonton assistant GM Scott Howson told the Cannadian Press on Thursday that the price is high for defensemen at the moment.

“There’s not a surplus of them,” Howson said. “You might phone and ask about a certain player, and he could be available but the price is exorbitant. I suspect that with any player who moves, there’s going to be a fair premium to pay
.”
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=279052

Old
02-09-2007, 09:00 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
I believe that I said that earlier this week when talking about getting a mid to late first for Rosival and was torched by a few posters till I put up the list of what players brought back last year at the deadline.

Old
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
"Hossa, Betts, and Hollweg play there roles quite well. Tell me other 3rd or 4th line guys that are better than Hossa and Betts on a team with the same depth as ours."

Not in my book. I expect a lot more than those scrubs provide.

Hossa gets 11 minutes a game, has 7 points and is a -9
Hilbert on the Islanders gets 11 minutes, has 18 points and is a +12

Betts gets almost 15 minutes of icetime, has 7 points and is a -2. That's pathetic
Hunter on the Isles gets 15 minutes, has 23 points and is a +7

Hollweg has 0 points getting about 8 1/2 minutes of icetime and is a -9
Asham has 15 points getting about 9 minutes of icetime and is a +3

In other words, those players do their role pathetically. Ted Nolan knows what role players should produce and how to use them. That's why he's a great coach and Renney is a buffoon. Rangers fans need to start realizing what a good role player is.

I could give you a TON of guys who get almost 15 minutes of ice time or 11 minutes of ice time that aren't sitting there with 7 points.

Its unfair to compare Betts to Hunter, when Hunter is clearly more skilled.

At the current time, there is no body better that we can replace these guys with. Don't tell me, that there are guys in hartford, that could do better, because they may or may not be, but you can't have your bottom 2 lines be guys that just came up from the minors.

Hossa, Betts, are others get alot of their time on the PK, you can't expect them to produce consistantly shorthanded.

Stop bashing the team, yea we all critize, but if you hate the team and the players that much, don't follow them.

Old
02-09-2007, 09:36 AM
dumpsathernow*

Exactly my point. Hunter is more skilled than Betts and it's completely fair to compare them. Betts gets 3rd line minutes and he stinks. That's my point. Renney likes to keep guys on the roster that produce nothing. A HUGE REASON this team stinks. They got away with it last season till teams turned it up and stopped making life easy for Jagr. Notice, the team crumbled. The Rangers drafted to be a 3-4 line scoring team. Passing up some huge offensive potential players to take more character, two way forwards and defenseman. When you do that, you should start trying to build a 4 line team like Buffalo. Not keep fools like Hollweg, Betts and Hossa around over players like Dawes and Callahan. If Dawes played 15 minutes all year, he'd have at least 20 points and be on his way to becoming a solid pro. The light bulb should be on by now.

Old
02-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

What guarentee's do the Rangers have that Dawes and Callahan are going to be better than what they have now?

Old
02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
What guarentee's do the Rangers have that Dawes and Callahan are going to be better than what they have now?
Great thinking. Yep. That's the way to rebuild. Don't play young guys because you aren't SURE they'll be good. Brilliant.

Come on KingHenrik. Look at the production and the talent level of Callahan and Dawes compared to those scrubs. Betts and Hossa were guys other teams didn't even want and Hollweg couldn't do better than 14 points in 70 AHL games.

I'm not trying to step on you KingHenrik but it's that type of thinking which makes this organization a joke and the Devils who think the exact opposite, a winning organization every year.