HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Kings @ Oilers 8PM

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 06:35 AM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
yeah pretty sauced right now makes the hurt go away. gotta admit windowlicker much easier to accept a loss when the beer is flowing.
i know im gonna develop a bad habit before this season is through.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:36 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 1072
that or an ulcer whichever comes first.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:36 AM
fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by York16
I don't agree.

Anyway, I don't feel like getting into a debate about the Oilers and the playoffs, so I guess that's that. You have your own opinions and I have mine. :p

It is a pointless and painful task,isn't it? :mad:

Old
02-01-2004, 06:40 AM
KlingonHockey

The whole team seems mishandled, from prospects like Hemsky and Rita, to guys like Comrie and I'm betting soon - Smyth (whom we'll trade for a 3rd line prospect and a pick). Our coaching blatantly sucks. You can say we're small market but money isn't the issue right now. We simply suck at asset management even before we get to money issues. If this team had $90 million dollars for player salaries, we wouldn't be Detroit - we would be the New York Rangers.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:43 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 1072
exactly serp and that is what bothers me the most. guys like pisani and horcoff are put on a pedestal while talented players like hemsky,rita and semenov languish in the current system. this team is headed downhill and it is looking very ugly, a direction i thought this team would not have to face again for a long time, a losing attitude.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:53 AM
edmontonoilers89

Everyone is expressing their anger so I guess I should join in, the aimless lurker...

Anyway, we suck, that's all there really is to say.

This team is too inconsistent to put any sort of winning streak together, and I give all the credit in the world to the Kings, but when there is one minute left and your team is up two goals it is incredibly asinine to look over the stats sheet and have to put the game in the Loss column, especially in regulation time.

I was out so I didn't have the chance to watch the game, and I assume it was a good thing as my newly installed HD TV would be sitting in shambles on the damn floor.

Like I said, I didn't watch the game so I can't give any player reports, but judging by the past few games I'll take a guess that Dvorak, Smith, Ulanov, and Moreau showed up.

Anyway, I'm out, let's see the press clippings tomorrow and see what the team has to say.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
Apparently so. That's not to say you were out to lunch by thinking that but rather that maybe too many fans and for that matter the Oiler organization,grossly misjudged the talent this team has at this point on its roster.
Talent on the roster has so little to do with actually making the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhr
It is a pointless and painful task,isn't it? :mad:
No, but I've been in so many at another hockey forum since the start of the NFL season and I need a break, lol.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:16 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
For everyone praising Andy Murray...

How soon we forget how boring that game was... yes there were 7 goals, but there must have been 40 icing calls. All the kings did all game was ice the puck... sounds fun.

For everyone who thought this was a playoff calibre team... it was this summer, before the Comrie mess. It's too damn hard to win in this league when you have 1 reliable goal scorer...

Honestly, as much as I like Dvo, he is only a 2nd line player. As good a season Torres is having, those are 2nd line points. York is the only player on the team who has performed like a 1st liner.

And Hemsky... he isn't the answer. Why is he only getting 6 or 7 minutes per game? Probably because he has 5 points in his last 22 games, and that was him getting premium ice time. He isn't being mishandled, by any stretch. He is being handled much in the same way Thornton was handled in Boston.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:20 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild
I guess we will have to agree to disagree because I can't for the life of me see how you have Moreau take that draw.

If Mactavish can't manage his bench well enough to have 2 centers out there in the last 2 mins for faceoffs in his own end then he is just proving his incompetence over and over again. I am sure Stoll could have recouped enough to take a faceoff, if they win it he can go to the bench but you gotta have 2 guys out there in a must win situation.
When you only have 3 centres, it's really tough to have 2 centres out for every defensive zone draw.

Granted, either one could have recouped enough to take a draw, but what if they needed to be a winger (because they were thrown out?).

If we had Reasoner, or hell, even a somewhat reliable centre (Bishai has done well, but I don't want him out there in the last 2 minutes taking defensive zone draws), then I agree 100%, you need 2 centres out there at all times.

Old
02-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Oilers Hockey

Quote:
Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish was disgusted by the turn of events and threw his bottle of water onto the ice after Holland notched the winner.
He should have thrown himself out the door instead.

Old
02-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
For everyone who thought this was a playoff calibre team... it was this summer, before the Comrie mess. It's too damn hard to win in this league when you have 1 reliable goal scorer...

Honestly, as much as I like Dvo, he is only a 2nd line player. As good a season Torres is having, those are 2nd line points. York is the only player on the team who has performed like a 1st liner.

And Hemsky... he isn't the answer. Why is he only getting 6 or 7 minutes per game? Probably because he has 5 points in his last 22 games, and that was him getting premium ice time. He isn't being mishandled, by any stretch. He is being handled much in the same way Thornton was handled in Boston.
1) Who?

2) Agree

3) Agree

Closed Thread