HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Time Has Come

Old
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
JRGNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
If I remember correctly his salary then goes against the Rangers cap. I could be wrong but this is what I have heard since last season. RangerBoy is pretty good with this stuff maybe he can clear the air.
From what I understand, the team who would be bringing Jagr in would assume 100% of the cap hit. I could be wrong but I've heard that from more than one location.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Geogaddi

Man these threads are just getting to be a Bit Overkill.

Jagr WONT be traded. He will Retire a Ranger.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I wouldn't be completely against seeing what we can get...but it's just not gonna happen

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:42 PM
DontStaal

We sellin tims? Where?

On a serious note, I can't see the organization trading away Jagr. The same goes for Shanny. Both of them will end their careers as Rangers. That's the way it is.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
He will Retire a Ranger.
Yaaaaaaay! Another superstar who couldn't deliver the promised land and who will be lost for nothing!

Messier
Gretzky
Bure
LaFontaine
Lindros

The beat goes on.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:52 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Yaaaaaaay! Another superstar who couldn't deliver the promised land and who will be lost for nothing!

Messier
Gretzky
Bure
LaFontaine
Lindros

The beat goes on.
Why is Messier on this list?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't see Jagr going anywhere.

And I think it's time for the powers that be sit down with Shanahan and talk extension. At the very least see if he wants to come back. If he doesn't then he's certainly available for trade.

02-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Why is Messier on this list?
Maybe the second comming of Messier I dont want to put words in his mouth, but thats what I thought he ment

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:45 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Maybe the second comming of Messier I dont want to put words in his mouth, but thats what I thought he ment
Maybe he meant Joby Messier.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

It's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's not going to happen and it shouldn't happen.
Why shouldn't it happen? Why shouldn't it happen to Jagr if it happened to a Ranger great in Leetch? Any playoff bound team Jagr heads to would become an INSTANT serious contender. He is that good when he is interested. Why would he rather sit here and collect money till her retires instead of a shot at another cup? If that is what he wants then by all means trade him because he has lost all desire to win and we don't need that as our captain.

IF we can trade him and his market hit to the other team is what we are paying now i'm sorry, we can sit back and pick an offer.

And as I write this I am listening to Stan saying the Rangers are after Forseberg on HNNYC. He is saying we can kiss some of the Wolfpack players goodbye and I don't think he means Isbister and Kasper.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
We sellin tims? Where?

On a serious note, I can't see the organization trading away Jagr. The same goes for Shanny. Both of them will end their careers as Rangers. That's the way it is.
I used to sell Tims at Mo's when I was a teenager.......hated that job. Sorry Mr.Neverhadatypo.

Old
02-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
If we trade Jagr, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye for the next 2 seasons as well. This season we won't make it but next year we will be right back in them.
Yes agreed. With a good move or two this team can be solidly in the playoffs next year.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Edge

I don't like where this is going, the thought of two guys named Tim arriving concerns me.

Between this and the Hot Lundqvist thread I am getting a little worried.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:22 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
ted. Why would he rather sit here and collect money till her retires instead of a shot at another cup? If that is what he wants then by all means trade him because he has lost all desire to win and we don't need that as our captain.
What? The man's been hurt all year and if you've watched him you've seen that he has given alot of effort all season long. And despite a bum shoulder, he is still one of the top point producers in the league.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
What? The man's been hurt all year and if you've watched him you've seen that he has given alot of effort all season long. And despite a bum shoulder, he is still one of the top point producers in the league.
I have nothing against Jagr, but I don't think players should decide where they play, in any sport. If they have a NTC fine, but otherwise I don't like it. Jagr is a great player but it doesn't look like he is gonna get this team into the playoffs. If that doesn't happen he should be traded for the franchise best longterm interest if there is a market for him. Besides one great season what has he done for the Rangers that makes him untradable? I don't get the reasoning behind it from the same people who say Leetch is a crybaby.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:50 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I have nothing against Jagr, but I don't think players should decide where they play, in any sport. If they have a NTC fine, but otherwise I don't like it. Jagr is a great player but it doesn't look like he is gonna get this team into the playoffs. If that doesn't happen he should be traded for the franchise best longterm interest if there is a market for him. Besides one great season what has he done for the Rangers that makes him untradable? I don't get the reasoning behind it from the same people who say Leetch is a crybaby.

Because this is a team that can compete next season, and if they're handled right, do so while incorporating a number of young players.

Next year sohould see the first substancial waive of prospects graduating to the NHL, and I'd preffer they came into the league on a competetive team with some veterans that can guide them, then onto a losing team.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
towely

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Man these threads are just getting to be a Bit Overkill.

Jagr WONT be traded. He will Retire a Ranger.
i agree bonzai isnt it amazing what the mentality is of the fans of this organization. its the very reason as to why this team stunk for so long nobody is willing to stick anything out the first sign of trouble most of the trade mongers would trade their mothers if they were on this team.
i know we are all here for coversation and our own entertainment but please stop with all the stupid speculation like anyone here is a gm or some great hockey mind because if any of us were we would not be here we would be running a team.

most of the leagues fans look at us fans of the rangers and the organization as a joke and not so much because of the losing but for the very content of posts like these and the way this organization is run.
jagr is not going anywhere unless he wants to which he does not or when his contract is up and no longer wants to play. period.
and even if we did trade him we would look like an even bigger joke trading a guy that we named our captain a little more then a half a season ago because it would make us look like we think of the captaincy as a joke.
and even if you dont like jagr and want him around and if not for any other reason you should want him to stay so we dont look like any bigger of a joke then we allready are for getting rid of a guy we just recently made our captain and invested in to help carry our team.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by towely View Post
i agree bonzai isnt it amazing what the mentality is of the fans of this organization. its the very reason as to why this team stunk for so long nobody is willing to stick anything out the first sign of trouble most of the trade mongers would trade their mothers if they were on this team.
i know we are all here for coversation and our own entertainment but please stop with all the stupid speculation like anyone here is a gm or some great hockey mind because if any of us were we would not be here we would be running a team.

most of the leagues fans look at us fans of the rangers and the organization as a joke and not so much because of the losing but for the very content of posts like these and the way this organization is run.
jagr is not going anywhere unless he wants to which he does not or when his contract is up and no longer wants to play. period.
and even if we did trade him we would look like an even bigger joke trading a guy that we named our captain a little more then a half a season ago because it would make us look like we think of the captaincy as a joke.
and even if you dont like jagr and want him around and if not for any other reason you should want him to stay so we dont look like any bigger of a joke then we allready are for getting rid of a guy we just recently made our captain and invested in to help carry our team.

I agree with you here man, it seems like there are some people who are ready to jump off a building because this team isnt doing well,just look at the fire sale thread.

Old
02-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Fletch

I don't think people are ready...

to jump off a building, I think people have disagreed with the direction this team has been taking for some time and have wanted to trade guys to rebuild since last season. Not talking about my opinion, but just that many people have been consistent with theirs (which also entailed talking about being sellers at the deadline for some time now), and now seems like a time to revisit that scenario.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
to jump off a building, I think people have disagreed with the direction this team has been taking for some time and have wanted to trade guys to rebuild since last season. Not talking about my opinion, but just that many people have been consistent with theirs (which also entailed talking about being sellers at the deadline for some time now), and now seems like a time to revisit that scenario.
Oh I have no problem with voicing their opinions and 99% of the people on the board have voiced it with logical reasoning, but it seems like some people(definitly the minority) think that as soon as things arent going good its time to scrap the entire team and "rebuild". Oh and the jump of a building was obviously an over exageration on my part

Old
02-09-2007, 10:12 AM
dank

its called frustration...

frustration is what causes people to make threads like this..

frustration is what causes players to squeeze their sticks and not play to their abilities..

this team, in its current state, is one of the more frustrating teams to follow, be a fan of, and play for.. thats why you get threads like this and thats why some players aren't performing to par.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Fletch

I agree about knee-jerk reactions...

and you can't do knee-jerk reactions. You don't make tough decisions when your emotions are high.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote