HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

EDM and PHI

Old
02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Flyerfan4life

vCash: 500
there is virtualy ZERO chance Cooter is traded..

and i mean 0%...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 07:27 PM
BringBackStevens

Winger is not as big of a need as some people here indicate

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 07:48 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
Winger is not as big of a need as some people here indicate
Especially a RW!

The only 'real' forward need is a 1LW. (consistent 30 goals~ a year)

And they are rare as rocking horse poo atm. (not rare persay... just hard as heck to get)

Vanek, Hall, Parise, Kunitz, Sharp, Patches, Steen, JVR, E. Kane, Marchand and Marleau are the only LWers over the last 3 years with more GPG than Hartnell! Ryan and Benn are ~even.

And Patches, Ryan and Kane are likely the only ones who have a chance of being available in the next few years as it seems atm.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Especially a RW!

The only 'real' forward need is a 1LW. (consistent 30 goals~ a year)

And they are rare as rocking horse poo atm. (not rare persay... just hard as heck to get)

Vanek, Hall, Parise, Kunitz, Sharp, Patches, Steen, JVR, E. Kane, Marchand and Marleau are the only LWers over the last 3 years with more GPG than Hartnell! Ryan and Benn are ~even.

And Patches, Ryan and Kane are likely the only ones who have a chance of being available in the next few years as it seems atm.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:02 PM
rockinghockey

Mod just lock the thread this is a typical fan base over valuing their players. Last year your fan base wanted to get rid of Couts now he is worth Hall, please he is not worth Hall or RNH.

Also people that say Eberle is terrible defensively don't know him. He also plays on the PK.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Mod just lock the thread this is a typical fan base over valuing their players. Last year your fan base wanted to get rid of Couts now he is worth Hall, please he is not worth Hall or RNH.

Also people that say Eberle is terrible defensively don't know him. He also plays on the PK.
Go look again what being said.

The Flyers have Voracek, Simmonds and Read on the RW. We don't need a RW. If Eberle was a LW, then Philly might be interested. Philly would not trade Couts for Perron...that leaves a Hall as the next guy. And yes, Philly would be adding to get Hall and you should not be moving him.

And this is why Philly fans KEEP saying we are not good trade partners. We have what you need...C depth and big wingers, but you don't have what we need...top pairing d-men and a 1st line LW(that you would trade)

And our fans base has never wanted to get rid of Couts. We all know how hard a minutes he plays and there is a reason that every fan would keep him over our #2 C who gets more points in Schenn.

A closer deal would be both Schenn's and a pick for Perron and J. Schultz. We get our LW, you get your #2C with lots of upside. You get a Dman that can handle the big teams in the West, we get a PMD that can skate.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!

vCash: 50
Theoretically, if the flyers wanted Eberle I'm pretty sure that we would have to add to Couturier to get him.

And for the record, I'd do it. Ebs is first line all the way. I'd trade Couts and mold Laughton into his replacement. Having Giroux-Eberle and Schenn-Voracek on the top 2 lines for years to come.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Never heard that phrase before?

Pretty common in England... (though I did use it incorrectly in a sense... I exaggerated!)

My other favourite English ones (phrases/idioms) are:

'Face like a slapped arse.' 'He couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel' and 'You could ride bare arsed to Bradford on that'. (there are loads more I cant think of!)

My favourite idioms in Dutch are:

'Alsof er een engeltje over je tong piest.' Met een natte vinger te lijmen.' and 'Komkommertijd!'

Pretty funny. I used to use the last one far, far too much in inappropriate times where it made no sense as it makes me laugh as a non native speaker!

Last edited by Appleyard: 02-12-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old
02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:

You sure about that?

LetsGoFlyers1825 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:28 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

Re-read. No one said he's worth Hall or anything of the sort to the Oilers or in a vacuum but it would require an overpayment to get him out of Philly cause we have no incentive otherwise. Couts fills a need here, if we trade him for Eberle, who would just be replacing Voracek on the first line RW aka he's not needed, a new hole on the roster would be opened. Everyone of the past god knows how many cup winning teams have had a bona fide defensive stalwart at center, that's Couturier for us.

Multiple people told you the teams aren't good trading partners, why is that so hard to understand?

Btw, no one wanted "to get rid of" Couturier last year because the 19/20 year old center, in his second pro year, getting the toughest minutes on a terrible team in a shortened season, struggled a bit.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Never heard that phrase before?

Pretty common in England... (though I did use it incorrectly in a sense... I exaggerated!)

My other favourite English ones (phrases/idioms) are:

'Face like a slapped arse.' 'He couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel' and 'You could ride bare arsed to Bradford on that'. (there are loads more I cant think of!)

My favourite idioms in Dutch are:

'Alsof er een engeltje over je tong piest.' Met een natte vinger te lijmen.' and 'Komkommertijd!'

Pretty funny. I used to use the last one far, far too much in inappropriate times where it made no sense as it makes me laugh as a non native speaker!
Rocking horse poop. I'm making mental notes to use that at some point.

A favorite of mine is "playing solitaire with my pearl handled deck" in reference to Russian Roulette. So, "If the Flyers trade Couturier and Schenn for Big Buff, I'll spend the night playing solitaire with my pearl handled deck."

02-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Appleyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Rocking horse poop. I'm making mental notes to use that at some point.

A favorite of mine is "playing solitaire with my pearl handled deck" in reference to Russian Roulette. So, "If the Flyers trade Couturier and Schenn for Big Buff, I'll spend the night playing solitaire with my pearl handled deck."
That is a pretty good one!

I hardly use any colloquialisms or localised idioms any more... (as I got out of the habit when I left school and moved into the civilised world where no-one understood them!) but there are some pretty good ones that are quite local to me:

'Not enough room to swing a cat' = a small room/car/house

'Were you born in a barn?' = close the door

'Went arse over ****.' = fell over

'Fur coat and no knickers.' = they have/are nothing, but they think have/are

'You're as much use as a one legged man at an arse-kicking contest.' = Self explanatory.

'I've seen better legs on a table'. = She is not great looking.

'You make a better door than a window.' = Move, you're blocking my view.

'I bet you could eat an apple through a barbed wire fence.' = Wow they are big teeth.

Last edited by Appleyard: 02-13-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old
02-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:

I hardly use any colloquialisms or localised idioms any more... (as I got out of the habit when I left school and moved into the civilised world where no-one understood them!) but there are some pretty good ones that are quite local to me:

'Fur coat and no kickers.' = they have/are nothing, but they think have/are

'You're as much use as a one legged man at an arse-kicking contest.' = Self explanatory.

'I bet you could eat an apple through a barbed wire fence.' = Wow they are big teeth.
" give her a tonking in the tradesmens entrance"..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
Theoretically, if the flyers wanted Eberle I'm pretty sure that we would have to add to Couturier to get him.

And for the record, I'd do it. Ebs is first line all the way. I'd trade Couts and mold Laughton into his replacement. Having Giroux-Eberle and Schenn-Voracek on the top 2 lines for years to come.
Not a freakin' chance, and no. Eberle is a good player, but he's a smurf. He's too small to play with Giroux, which defeats the purpose of acquiring him.

And again and again: If the Flyers are going to trade Couts or BSchenn, which they aren't, its going to be for a top D. The Oilers do not have one to trade.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Devastate

I would love to get Nurse but I doubt Edmonton would ever trade him

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 03:47 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I would love to get Nurse but I doubt Edmonton would ever trade him
i am with you on this one bud, darnell nurse on our defense would be great when he reaches his potential.... plus for us eagle fans he'smcnabb's nephew so another reason to want him :p

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 07:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADE EVERYONE PLZ View Post
EDM is such a tragedy of a franchise right now. They really do have some seriously promising young offensive talent, but they're wasting away in that current situation. Can you imagine Taylor Hall or RNH on a cup contender? God forbid they ever get desperate enough to put one of those guys on the trading block and Pittsburgh or Boston come calling.

As for the guys who they likely would put up, EDM would likely ask for more than we should ever give up. I like Yakupov, but i know they would ask for a lot for him. For example, i'd shoot down nearly any trade offer than asks for Couts. He's too important on both sides of the puck for the Flyers. I've seen the Flyers mentioned in a couple of rumors involving Sam Gagner? Unless they want anything more than, say, Downie and/or Mesz+2nd, i don't want anything to do with him. We have enough decent point-getting forwards who don't play defense.
I think Yakupov is more gettable than you think. If the Oilers want to trade him, it's hard to ask for the moon when you're benching him on some nights.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Mod just lock the thread this is a typical fan base over valuing their players. Last year your fan base wanted to get rid of Couts.
Now we didn't. Get out of here with that ****.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 09:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:

'Fur coat and no kickers.' = they have/are nothing, but they think have/are

I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it.-- scene from tommy boy.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 10:18 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
There definitely were a number of people willing to trade Couturier last year, myself included. I don't know if "willing to trade" is the same thing as wanting to get rid of the guy, but there were plenty of people willing to deal Couturier for the right package.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Funf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
There definitely were a number of people willing to trade Couturier last year, myself included. I don't know if "willing to trade" is the same thing as wanting to get rid of the guy, but there were plenty of people willing to deal Couturier for the right package.
I think most people on board for trading him were hoping to get a #1 D in return. Which wasn't going to happen. It was hardly "wanting to get rid of him."

Funf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Prongo
Beer

Anything with Edmonton happens in the summer if at all. The only player I could see us try to acquire is Hemsky on the cheap for the third line maybe in season....

Coburn is who Edmonton wants. Flyers want a top six player for him. Makes sense they are wanting Eberle. That's the only guy I could see us trading him there for.

Nothing substantial at the deadline I don't think, we make moves at the draft.

Honestly, if we move Coburn to Edmonton, who replaces him? Just doesn't make sense unless we get a player like Girardi in free agency.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:45 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Anything with Edmonton happens in the summer if at all. The only player I could see us try to acquire is Hemsky on the cheap for the third line maybe in season....

Coburn is who Edmonton wants. Flyers want a top six player for him. Makes sense they are wanting Eberle. That's the only guy I could see us trading him there for.

Nothing substantial at the deadline I don't think, we make moves at the draft.

Honestly, if we move Coburn to Edmonton, who replaces him? Just doesn't make sense unless we get a player like Girardi in free agency.
It depends on what the return is for Coburn. If the Flyers get Eberle in the deal and aren't giving up too much extra, I don't really think it matters who replaces Coburn. His replacement may not be as good, but there will be options available that are close enough that the upgrade of Eberle will be worth the deal.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Yeah. We're leaving it open. He doesn't get to make that call.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It depends on what the return is for Coburn. If the Flyers get Eberle in the deal and aren't giving up too much extra, I don't really think it matters who replaces Coburn. His replacement may not be as good, but there will be options available that are close enough that the upgrade of Eberle will be worth the deal.
Kimmo retires, Flyers trade Coburn, what does our defense look like next year?

Streit-Grossman
Schenn-Gus

We would need a new first pairing. I don't think you make that deal unless something else is lined up. Yes, our offense would be great but where does Eberle play? I am not sure how he would handle the left side, we already have our right side set.

That something would need to be significant.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote