HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Expected fire sale date - Feb. 16th

Old
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
donut, I agree that Callahan and Dawes should be playing, and that we should be a 4 line team.

Other than that, for now Betts, Hossa, and Hollweg are in my book as fine 3rd and
4th line players. You can't just get rid of these guys. Right now this team takes a lot of penelties you can't have Straka and Jagr killing penelties all the time, neither can you have new call ups.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the organization has given up on Immonen. Renney saw something in his 19th NHL game that he didn't like and made a public statement.
I guess that public statement killed any hope of gettin a decent return for him then?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
mattyd99

What is with the hate on certain guys like Hossa, Betts, Hollweg, and Ward? Jesus Christ, last year when I saw Betts and Hollweg I said that's what this team has been missing for 7 years. Solid bottom line players who forecheck good and don't hurt this team. You got to stop looking at points and plus/minus stats for these guys. These guys do their job and do it well. And as for Hossa, if you say he's garbage then you clearly haven't watched him at all this year. Some people just can't get over the fact that his last name is Hossa. Oh, and also for whoever said he's a -9, I think he started the first 10 games out -7 (when this team was playing no style of defense at all), so he's a -2 since then. Yeah, he's terrible. And Aaron Ward? Did we all forget he's playing with broken bones in his foot for over a month now? Come on guys, I know the team is struggling but this has gotten crazy. These guys aren't getting traded and just because theyre not lighting up the scoresheets like you want to, they are good players, and don't hurt this team like other players with names such as Hall, Orr, and Malik.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Fletch

I don't think people care about Hossa's last name...

but for the better part of his two seasons here seems to have been mostly a fourth liner, and at many times one can argue that he didn't deserve to be in the lineup, and perhaps having that last name is what's kept him in the lineup to some extent. He's played better, but man does he lack finishing skills. If he simplified his game, he may get better. Too much puck carrying.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:29 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Hollweg is worthless in a trade. He doesn't score and teams see him as a dirty player rather than an effective checker. Betts is a guy you'd want to keep around to anchor the 4th line for many years. Hossa is another 3rd, 4th liner who you can see has some offensive potential but hasn't been able to use it well.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
What is with the hate on certain guys like Hossa, Betts, Hollweg, and Ward? Jesus Christ, last year when I saw Betts and Hollweg I said that's what this team has been missing for 7 years. Solid bottom line players who forecheck good and don't hurt this team. You got to stop looking at points and plus/minus stats for these guys. These guys do their job and do it well. And as for Hossa, if you say he's garbage then you clearly haven't watched him at all this year. Some people just can't get over the fact that his last name is Hossa. Oh, and also for whoever said he's a -9, I think he started the first 10 games out -7 (when this team was playing no style of defense at all), so he's a -2 since then. Yeah, he's terrible. And Aaron Ward? Did we all forget he's playing with broken bones in his foot for over a month now? Come on guys, I know the team is struggling but this has gotten crazy. These guys aren't getting traded and just because theyre not lighting up the scoresheets like you want to, they are good players, and don't hurt this team like other players with names such as Hall, Orr, and Malik.

Thank you, someone agrees with me. Half the time this team just needs to work harder and they'd have many more wins, These guys work hard shift in shift out.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
but for the better part of his two seasons here seems to have been mostly a fourth liner, and at many times one can argue that he didn't deserve to be in the lineup, and perhaps having that last name is what's kept him in the lineup to some extent. He's played better, but man does he lack finishing skills. If he simplified his game, he may get better. Too much puck carrying.
I think Hossa will continue to get better and I know many don't want this, but I see him sticking around well past this year. I don't mind his lack of finishing skills it's his ability to make passes when he's holding the puck in the offensive zone which I find frustrating. But like I said, I think he will continue to get better and better, and will find a nice niche on either the 3rd or 4th line, being very effective.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote