HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Carbo Losing the Team

Old
02-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Annihilator

vCash: 500
Is Carbo Losing the Team

I only say this cause i see the Saku really not playing that well....and with his Roomate Rivet being benched maybe Saku has lost fate in Carbo and it has trickled to the other players....and add to the fact the whole Sammy affair and the lack of goals and the constant Line juggling...This all smells pretty bad ....I'm not saying that this is fact...but it is fuel for thought

Personally this team was a 6-7-8 place team starting this year and we played over our heads for the first half ...and although everyone had high hopes ...this is still and 6-7-8 seed."if you are realistic"..lets just hope the team can get together and get that seed and put a few wins together.

Annihilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Pascal

I'm pretty sure the team is still in Montreal somewhere.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

I think tht looking at these guys play ... I'm afraid to say so ... but I think he has lambasted them into Numbness ...

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

got this from another board..it was posted at around 11:20 this morning...

"Listening to the Team990 right now, and according to them, the dressing room is divided. Remember how united everyone was when we were winning? Everyone was doing everything together. Now apparently the Russians have a clique and go off and do their own thing on the road, and I'm not sure, but there may be some others. They're suggesting that Carbo has lost the dressing room... "

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Carbo lost this team when Higgins was injured and he promoted Latendresse to the 1st line when the 2nd line needed a shakeup.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sean Ruck

When Sheldon Souray says the team isnt giving all theyve got, and they only play moderately better for a few games, then fall back, I think you have to say yes, he is.

At the same time, I do not think this team cannot be redeemed. If they can go out at the deadline and pick up some good vets who can be a presence in the locker room, and a factor on the ice, the team will get back in line.

Sean Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:46 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post

"Listening to the Team990 right now, and according to them, the dressing room is divided. Remember how united everyone was when we were winning? Everyone was doing everything together. Now apparently the Russians have a clique and go off and do their own thing on the road, and I'm not sure, but there may be some others. They're suggesting that Carbo has lost the dressing room... "
Not surprising. Carbo has treated Perezhogin and Samsonov like garbage.

I wonder if Markov will even want to re-sign here anymore.

Old
02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
habfan4

A minor point, but both Rivet and Koivu are veterans and no longer have room mates when on the road. All this talk about Carbonneau's benching Rivet affecting Koivu's game is idol speculation, they are professionals after all (ditto this report of a locker room divided).

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post

I hope this isn't true.

We don't need this crap..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
brownman*

Between Gainey, Carbo, Muller and Jarvis there is too much knowledge for the game and its players to let the dressing room slip away completely. This is a long rough patch but, God willing, when the Habs pull the trigger on a deal it will shake things up and reinvigorate the room.

One thing they can't do is trade Rivet; the team would completely implode should he be moved by the deadline.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
flappuck

Funny how coaches have been losing the team every year for the last decade...

It's time for players to start working... What's so difficult about skating and driving the net???

Look at our 5 on 3 last night. Nobody's moving and nobody's in front of the net...
At the other end, you have guys like Fischer, Scheaffer and Neil in front of the net at all times and 3 forwards skating deep in the zone at all times.
You don't need a freaking coach to do that, you just do it.

Stop blaming the coaches all the time... Players are paid to play and they don't...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Between Gainey, Carbo, Muller and Jarvis there is too much knowledge for the game and its players to let the dressing room slip away completely. This is a long rough patch but, God willing, when the Habs pull the trigger on a deal it will shake things up and reinvigorate the room.

One thing they can't do is trade Rivet; the team would completely implode should he be moved by the deadline.
Umm, why can't they trade Rivet? Is he really all that important to our club? The guy has so many god damn brain cramps it's not even funny. And don't get me started on his little weak girly shot that always hits the opposing teams players on the pp.

Why should we keep him? Just because he's Koivu's buddy? Give me a break...

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:53 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Umm, why can't they trade Rivet? Is he really all that important to our club? The guy has so many god damn brain cramps it's not even funny. And don't get me started on his little weak girly shot that always hits the opposing teams players on the pp.

Without Rivet this team will lose the rest of it's confidence. Rivet and Souray are the guys praising the young kids when they do a good job.

The young guys don't care what the coach thinks. They care what Rivet and Souray think.

Old
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Not surprising. Carbo has treated Perezhogin and Samsonov like garbage.

I wonder if Markov will even want to re-sign here anymore.
Specious reasoning there dave. Why not extrapolate even further and opine on how the situation will impact on Emelin's decision on whether or not to come over.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

If that's the problem then trade both of them.... It seems to me that the only time Koivu's leadership is in full effect it's when he's hurt or ill...

Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

That's pretty doom-and-gloom for a team that just needs to pick up 2-3 wins to get going again. I don't trust Team 990 for much of anything, but if there is a Russian clique...

Gainey will send them packing too

(I hope!)

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
knuckles3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Funny how coaches have been losing the team every year for the last decade...

It's time for players to start working... What's so difficult about skating and driving the net???

Look at our 5 on 3 last night. Nobody's moving and nobody's in front of the net...
At the other end, you have guys like Fischer, Scheaffer and Neil in front of the net at all times and 3 forwards skating deep in the zone at all times.
You don't need a freaking coach to do that, you just do it.

Stop blaming the coaches all the time... Players are paid to play and they don't...
Look at the list of players over the last 10 years... It's even funnier that all kinds of different players don't give enough effort for the past decade. We must be getting all the wrong players for the last 10 years then. Oh, but usually they don't do well when they get traded elsewhere...

Who would look good standing around and trapping? Certainly not offensive players. It's all about style of play and confidence. Every offensive player that goes to the Habs will likely see their point production drop by 20-30 points. If they don't at first, they certainly will after a year.

There's a reason players don't give effort night after night, even in the face of criticism...

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:59 AM
simz78

Do you mean losing the team like Julien, Therrien and Vigneault before him?? (i could add Tremblay).

This team problem is the players, they're built on the same model since the last cup win, "speed". They need more grit, more heart, more dedication. It's the same story for years, in fact since Koivu is the leader of this team. Now look at what these ex-coaches are doing elsewhere, and that should be enough proofs to tell that the problem is not the coach, again. Carbo made some mistakes but as he said, he can't go on the ice and play, the players are responsible.

This was my first post btw, but i've been reading here for a while now. Hello everyone...

simz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:00 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Specious reasoning there dave. Why not extrapolate even further and opine on how the situation will impact on Emelin's decision on whether or not to come over.
It might have been a stretch, but Russians stick together and you never know if Markov is upset for how Samsonov and Perezhogin are treated.

I personally think he will re-sign, however.

Old
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
That's pretty doom-and-gloom for a team that just needs to pick up 2-3 wins to get going again. I don't trust Team 990 for much of anything, but if there is a Russian clique...

Gainey will send them packing too

(I hope!)
It's not that easy to just send everyone packing.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I'm pretty sure the team is still in Montreal somewhere.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
knuckles3030

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
He's not the only mentioning that Carbo doesn't like russian-type players. Someone else mentioned this in another thread as well. I could see the russians forming a clique when they see the coach clearly favoring local boys. I'm not saying they're doing the right thing, but they're not the only ones at fault.

Besides, if you were with a group of Japanese playersin Japan, wouldn't it be normal for you to hang out more with the 3 or 4 Canadians on your team?

knuckles3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by simz78 View Post
Do you mean losing the team like Julien, Therrien and Vigneault before him?? (i could add Tremblay).

This team problem is the players, they're built on the same model since the last cup win, "speed". They need more grit, more heart, more dedication. It's the same story for years, in fact since Koivu is the leader of this team. Now look at what these ex-coaches are doing elsewhere, and that should be enough proofs to tell that the problem is not the coach, again. Carbo made some mistakes but as he said, he can't go on the ice and play, the players are responsible.

This was my first post btw, but i've been reading here for a while now. Hello everyone...
Julien, Therrien and Vigneault got their feet wet in Montreal. You learn from mistakes, which is why they are better coaches now.

Old
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Carbo lost this team when Higgins was injured and he promoted Latendresse to the 1st line when the 2nd line needed a shakeup.
This make no sense at all. Time proved Carbo right.

Only a retard would be mad at him for that, specially that the players know how hard Lats work.

Anyway, I can't imagine someone like Saku playing intentionally bad, he's a proud competitor.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:07 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles3030 View Post
Look at the list of players over the last 10 years... It's even funnier that all kinds of different players don't give enough effort for the past decade. We must be getting all the wrong players for the last 10 years then. Oh, but usually they don't do well when they get traded elsewhere...

Who would look good standing around and trapping? Certainly not offensive players. It's all about style of play and confidence. Every offensive player that goes to the Habs will likely see their point production drop by 20-30 points. If they don't at first, they certainly will after a year.

There's a reason players don't give effort night after night, even in the face of criticism...
Which players have we lost or traded in the last 5-6 seasons have been rocking it somewhere else?

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote