HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund-Habs scouting the Flyers heavily

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2007, 11:32 AM
  #51
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,925
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post
Carter and Richards would be nice too but i think that we are in need of a proven player/scorer instead of a rookie.We already have enough young players on the team for now imho.
We need gamebreakers. While Carter might develop that way, there's no way a rebuilding team give this guy. If Higgins and Komi are our untouchables, Carter is certainly one of them. And while they would want to retain Richards, he's not a need for us right now. Chipchura is our Richards.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
  #52
Sean Ruck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Finally the voice of reason...I think the Habs need a Knuble type player and in a big hurry. I donèt think the Flyers are interested in moving Knuble as he sems to be the prototypical Flyer. A player they can build with.

Yea, like I said, the Flyers do not want to trade Knuble, and I would be very surprised if he was moved, the Flyers just extended his contract towards the begining of the season, but for the right price any player in the NHL is expendable.

Calder can also give the Habs the body in front, not as well as Knuble, but he can do it. He was awful at the start of the year, but has been playing better more recently.

I just look at the Canadiens, and I remember it was one of the games against the Penguins, they were just taking all of these unscreened slapshots from the blueline, and I was yelling at my TV GET SOMEONE IN FRONT OF THE NET!!!

Sean Ruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:42 AM
  #53
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
lol.... So you get 40 goals from Gagne, a PPG from Forsberg for Price and 1st round pick?

some good drugs.. At least Aebischer was not included. At least not this time.

How do you say in French.. Not Interested?
Pas intéressé

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:55 AM
  #54
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,636
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
No one likes my suggestion of Knuble?

I could also see Kapanen interesting Gainey, an extremely versatile and experienced forward. He would probably look great next to Bonk and Johnson.
Adding Knuble (for the right price) would be great, he would fit in nicely. Kapanen might be a nice addition as well, but only for dirt cheap.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
  #55
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,636
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
To inject a breath of new life in the team. Imagine being on the Habs and seeing Foppa walk in...you'd love life

I already have a brand new Habs jersey just waiting to add Foppa's name to it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:03 PM
  #56
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,636
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABkings View Post
I might actually do this because I would love to not have kovy on the team.
I gotta hear this *laughs*

Why don't you like Kovy??


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-09-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Sorry slight confusion on my part, my bad. Confused Kovy with Kostitsyn.
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:04 PM
  #57
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,636
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
We'd also have to trade Kovalev in order to take on Gagne's salary, needless to say I'd be a fan of that move.

Yes I would be a big fan of it too, now only if we could get Philly Management to be big fans.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
  #58
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
I think anyone and everyone here who thinks we can or should get Forsberg and Gagne only have to remember there is a salary cap and we would not have any room here to get both. so drop that offer.

Everyone is slamming Eklund. Here are a couple of links in regards to the Habs and Flyer connection right now:

Luce, the Flyers' director of player development, was engaged in a long pregame conversation with Montreal Canadiens scout Doug Gibson. Scouts from Vancouver, Florida and Atlanta also were in attendance.

The Canadiens are believed to be one of about a dozen teams interested in putting together a trade package for Peter Forsberg.


Story: http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...702090359/1017

Another story (It's a Wings story, but lists Forsberg's list),

Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.

Story: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...702090431/1053

Eklund is not the only one out there saying we are interested or scouting.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:29 PM
  #59
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,925
vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Another story (It's a Wings story, but lists Forsberg's list),Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.
Why would he want to come here? Everybody knows why Detroit and Anaheim but Montreal? I don't believe this.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
  #60
Mojoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Qc, Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would he want to come here? Everybody knows why Detroit and Anaheim but Montreal? I don't believe this.
Exactly my thought..

Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
  #61
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would he want to come here? Everybody knows why Detroit and Anaheim but Montreal? I don't believe this.
I think he likes Montreal's chances over the other teams, likes the history and that his foot specialist and skate manufactuer is here also helps.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
  #62
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would he want to come here? Everybody knows why Detroit and Anaheim but Montreal? I don't believe this.
Eklund has the Forsberg list down to 4 teams FYI

Detroit and Nashville at E4

Montreal and Anaheim at E3

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:35 PM
  #63
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would he want to come here? Everybody knows why Detroit and Anaheim but Montreal? I don't believe this.
Probably cuz we're passionate fans, it's a hockey crazy environment that he isn't used to.

Also, their's a challenge in Montreal, which might re-juvenate his career. We have the players to make the playoffs, but we're lacking the superstar or number 1 center to make some noise.

I think Montreal is one of the better teams suited for Foppa.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:36 PM
  #64
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
lol.... So you get 40 goals from Gagne, a PPG from Forsberg for Price and 1st round pick?

some good drugs.. At least Aebischer was not included. At least not this time.

How do you say in French.. Not Interested?
are you for real???

Gagne is a very good player, but forsberg is a rental, do you really think philly management would say no to one of the top goaltending prospects on the planet, a 1st, and two offensive wingers (regardless of how crappy samsanov has been this year) for Gagne and a guy they can easily resign in the offseason???

if gainey were ever nuts enough to make this offer I PRAY that your input is used to nix the deal... PRAY!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
  #65
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Price is untouchable. Halak is having a great year and has potential, Gainey may use him as trade bait but Price is going no where other than Hamilton next year or even as the back up with the Habs.

Untouchable.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
  #66
Altoid
 
Altoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Gainey has made offers to Holmgren for a deal involving Forsberg but the stucture of deal that Holmgren wants in return and what Gainey can, and is willing to offer, don't match. Holmgren would trade Forsberg but in return, he wants to unload other players from his roster to free up cap space. Holmgrem is less concerned about what's coming back in the trade than he is with what else he can unload along with Forsberg. In order for Gainey to swing a deal, his offers must include current roster players to clear cap space. His offers have included Rivet or Souray, and a forward and a prospect package. Holmgren is willing to take roster players but less expensive roster players such as Bouillon, Streit or Dandenault, and a prospect package involving a goalie. The counter doesn't fit with the structure of a deal that Gainey has to manouvre which is why I don't think we'll see Forsberg in Montreal.

Altoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:40 PM
  #67
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
are you for real???

Gagne is a very good player, but forsberg is a rental, do you really think philly management would say no to one of the top goaltending prospects on the planet, a 1st, and two offensive wingers (regardless of how crappy samsanov has been this year) for Gagne and a guy they can easily resign in the offseason???

if gainey were ever nuts enough to make this offer I PRAY that your input is used to nix the deal... PRAY!
To be honest I wouldn't do that trade if I was philly.

Gagne is one of the top 2 way forwards in the league. Price is still a lottery ticket.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:42 PM
  #68
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoid View Post
Gainey has made offers to Holmgren for a deal involving Forsberg but the stucture of deal that Holmgren wants in return and what Gainey can, and is willing to offer, don't match. Holmgren would trade Forsberg but in return, he wants to unload other players from his roster to free up cap space. Holmgrem is less concerned about what's coming back in the trade than he is with what else he can unload along with Forsberg. In order for Gainey to swing a deal, his offers must include current roster players to clear cap space. His offers have included Rivet or Souray, and a forward and a prospect package. Holmgren is willing to take roster players but less expensive roster players such as Bouillon, Streit or Dandenault, and a prospect package involving a goalie. The counter doesn't fit with the structure of a deal that Gainey has to manouvre which is why I don't think we'll see Forsberg in Montreal.
That's some pretty "insider" analysis. Where did you hear all this?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:48 PM
  #69
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoid View Post
Gainey has made offers to Holmgren for a deal involving Forsberg but the stucture of deal that Holmgren wants in return and what Gainey can, and is willing to offer, don't match. Holmgren would trade Forsberg but in return, he wants to unload other players from his roster to free up cap space. Holmgrem is less concerned about what's coming back in the trade than he is with what else he can unload along with Forsberg. In order for Gainey to swing a deal, his offers must include current roster players to clear cap space. His offers have included Rivet or Souray, and a forward and a prospect package. Holmgren is willing to take roster players but less expensive roster players such as Bouillon, Streit or Dandenault, and a prospect package involving a goalie. The counter doesn't fit with the structure of a deal that Gainey has to manouvre which is why I don't think we'll see Forsberg in Montreal.
You know that, are you a source???

Gainey would unload Bouillon and Dandenault with Halak in a package for Forsberg so fast it would make your head spin!

We would then just have to have another deal in place to trade Sammy to lighten more cap space.

Your inside info is a 1st seen here and I think it is bogus.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:50 PM
  #70
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
It's no secret that a deal for Foppa was ready to be triggered weeks ago but was frozen because of his groin...so who knows.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:55 PM
  #71
runkle
Registered User
 
runkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think he likes Montreal's chances over the other teams, likes the history and that his foot specialist and skate manufactuer is here also helps.
His girlfriend is reportedly Canadian too, maybe she is from Montreal - they never said in the articles I saw posted where in Canada she is from though so I am just speculating.

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
  #72
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,682
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think anyone and everyone here who thinks we can or should get Forsberg and Gagne only have to remember there is a salary cap and we would not have any room here to get both. so drop that offer.

Everyone is slamming Eklund. Here are a couple of links in regards to the Habs and Flyer connection right now:

Luce, the Flyers' director of player development, was engaged in a long pregame conversation with Montreal Canadiens scout Doug Gibson. Scouts from Vancouver, Florida and Atlanta also were in attendance.

The Canadiens are believed to be one of about a dozen teams interested in putting together a trade package for Peter Forsberg.


Story: http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...702090359/1017

Another story (It's a Wings story, but lists Forsberg's list),

Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.

Story: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...702090431/1053

Eklund is not the only one out there saying we are interested or scouting.

If we take out Sammy salary I think we can afford Forsberg.

The main problem with Eklund is not that all he's saying is ********, it's that he takes a lot of his infos from other media and very often take credit for announcement made elsewhere before.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
  #73
Habs10Habs
Retired
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,636
vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I think anyone and everyone here who thinks we can or should get Forsberg and Gagne only have to remember there is a salary cap and we would not have any room here to get both. so drop that offer.

Everyone is slamming Eklund. Here are a couple of links in regards to the Habs and Flyer connection right now:

Luce, the Flyers' director of player development, was engaged in a long pregame conversation with Montreal Canadiens scout Doug Gibson. Scouts from Vancouver, Florida and Atlanta also were in attendance.

The Canadiens are believed to be one of about a dozen teams interested in putting together a trade package for Peter Forsberg.


Story: http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...702090359/1017

Another story (It's a Wings story, but lists Forsberg's list),

Forsberg is said to be willing to renounce his no-trade clause for three teams -- Detroit, Montreal and Anaheim.

Story: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...702090431/1053

Eklund is not the only one out there saying we are interested or scouting.
I'm sorry you are right, Eklund is a genius. I take it all back

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:18 PM
  #74
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoid View Post
Gainey has made offers to Holmgren for a deal involving Forsberg but the stucture of deal that Holmgren wants in return and what Gainey can, and is willing to offer, don't match. Holmgren would trade Forsberg but in return, he wants to unload other players from his roster to free up cap space. Holmgrem is less concerned about what's coming back in the trade than he is with what else he can unload along with Forsberg. In order for Gainey to swing a deal, his offers must include current roster players to clear cap space. His offers have included Rivet or Souray, and a forward and a prospect package. Holmgren is willing to take roster players but less expensive roster players such as Bouillon, Streit or Dandenault, and a prospect package involving a goalie. The counter doesn't fit with the structure of a deal that Gainey has to manouvre which is why I don't think we'll see Forsberg in Montreal.
Interesting stuff. Don't know if it's bogus, but I enjoyed the read and invite you to post more. Would you happen to know what's going with the Aucoin rumours?

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:21 PM
  #75
HuntKop
614 Wing Columbus
 
HuntKop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Delaware, OH
Country: Italy
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'd like Gagne. But coming to Montreal would probably turn him into a 40/50 point guy...
+1

HuntKop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.