HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Carbo Losing the Team

Old
02-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles3030 View Post
He's not the only mentioning that Carbo doesn't like russian-type players. Someone else mentioned this in another thread as well. I could see the russians forming a clique when they see the coach clearly favoring local boys. I'm not saying they're doing the right thing, but they're not the only ones at fault.

Besides, if you were with a group of Japanese playersin Japan, wouldn't it be normal for you to hang out more with the 3 or 4 Canadians on your team?
wait a minute...he give kovalev a **** load of ice time...he didnt give up on sammy until 3/5 of the season, he called out markov cause he wants him as his go to guy...

Gui produced on the first line did he not?
how many times has perezhogin been tried on the top 2 trios...

he had an all russian line pretty much with grabo....

he's tried alot harder than he should have with the russians...he had too much confidence in them...

look how much confidence he puts in pleks, streit, bonk, koivu...i dont think he preferes the locals...he prefers those that work

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
I only say this cause i see the Saku really not playing that well....and with his Roomate Rivet being benched maybe Saku has lost fate in Carbo and it has trickled to the other players....and add to the fact the whole Sammy affair and the lack of goals and the constant Line juggling...This all smells pretty bad ....I'm not saying that this is fact...but it is fuel for thought
La Presse reporter Rejean Tremblay (fyi I can't stand him) warned this after Rivet was benched.

He wrote an op ed basically saying the outcome of the Rivet benching will either galvanize the team or have the opposite effect with Carbo losing the respect of his players.

Watching Koivu lately is enough evidence.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
wait a minute...he give kovalev a **** load of ice time...he didnt give up on sammy until 3/5 of the season, he called out markov cause he wants him as his go to guy...

Gui produced on the first line did he not?
how many times has perezhogin been tried on the top 2 trios...

he had an all russian line pretty much with grabo....

he's tried alot harder than he should have with the russians...he had too much confidence in them...

look how much confidence he puts in pleks, streit, bonk, koivu...i dont think he preferes the locals...he prefers those that work
Putting Lats on the 1st turned out to be a good move in that he produced on the 1st line. That doesn't mean the players didn't question this move. It was out of nowhere and I'm sure everyone thought a guy like Perezhogin who had paid his dues would have been promoted over a guy who had struggled on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines and had yet to play well all season.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Putting Lats on the 1st turned out to be a good move in that he produced on the 1st line. That doesn't mean the players didn't question this move. It was out of nowhere and I'm sure everyone thought a guy like Perezhogin who had paid his dues would have been promoted over a guy who had struggled on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines and had yet to play well all season.
I really think all this stuff just exists in your head man.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:13 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I really think all this stuff just exists in your head man.
I don't think so. It's like when you're playing minor hockey and the coach gives all the icetime to his son, who is terrible, over the other kids who are much better.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
I don't think so. It's like when you're playing minor hockey and the coach gives all the icetime to his son, who is terrible, over the other kids who are much better.
I understand what you're trying to say but what evidence have we ever seen about the players being resentful towards Carbo because of this? I've never heard anything or seen anything.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
got this from another board..it was posted at around 11:20 this morning...

"Listening to the Team990 right now, and according to them, the dressing room is divided. Remember how united everyone was when we were winning? Everyone was doing everything together. Now apparently the Russians have a clique and go off and do their own thing on the road, and I'm not sure, but there may be some others. They're suggesting that Carbo has lost the dressing room... "
I am not surprised ! And I won't add more to that....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:18 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Carbo lost this team when Higgins was injured and he promoted Latendresse to the 1st line when the 2nd line needed a shakeup.
Ding ding ding ding.

All this crap started there. The other players like Kovalev, Samsonov, Perezhogin saw this, and it was basically a slap in the face.

Remember Kovalev's comments on Sammy's slump "We gave a chance to other players to adjust themselves while it's still the beginning of the season. ... You can't just jump on a guy and put him in a hole and then let him recover from it.""
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=182324&hubname=nhl

What 'other' players do you think he's referring too?

Last edited by yukoner: 02-09-2007 at 02:26 PM.
yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:19 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
La Presse reporter Rejean Tremblay (fyi I can't stand him) warned this after Rivet was benched.

He wrote an op ed basically saying the outcome of the Rivet benching will either galvanize the team or have the opposite effect with Carbo losing the respect of his players.

Watching Koivu lately is enough evidence.
Tremblay was darn righ for once ! Carbo has done a rookie mistake by benching Rivet. Sad to say, but he looks more and more like Mario Tremblay. Big CH tatooted on his heart and no grips on 2007 reality !

Old
02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
LeMAD

The Habs have very limited talent and Carbo is doing what he can with it. Let's face it, even the Leafs are more talented then us (except at the goalie position)...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Ding ding ding ding.

All this crap started there. The other players like Kovalev, Samsonov, Perezhogin saw this, and it was basically a slap in the face.
How the team played so well until December 23rd then... ??? No, it is not the reason. The benching of Rivet and Samsonov + the gastro + having Huet struggling have made it. Not Latendresse going up on a 1st line.

If Samsonov, Perezhogin and Kovalev would had played better and showed some heart, the habs would not be in that situation...

All these ****ing Russians MUST GO ! I am sick and tired of them. And if Koivu could follow. I would more than happy !!

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
Ding ding ding ding.

If this is in fact the case, which I'm still not sure, then this just proves what kind of babies they are. If they are going to hold a grudge over something like that then they need to grow up.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:27 PM
simz78

Quote:
If this is in fact the case, which I'm still not sure, then this just proves what kind of babies they are. If they are going to hold a grudge over something like that then they need to grow up.
Well said, that "dadies kids" thing is for... kids. If they felt angry when they first heard that Latendresse would play on the first line, they're well over it now, this is all BS, plus remember how happy Saku was and everyone seemed happy for him. If they're not, then it just proves that they're just lazy cry babies, get rid of them (but it seem impossible in some case, i wonder why).

Put Latendresse on the block, and watch the teams align to make offers...

simz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
I understand what you're trying to say but what evidence have we ever seen about the players being resentful towards Carbo because of this? I've never heard anything or seen anything.
No evidence besides the fact that the team has been on a steady decline since late November.

Quote:
No debating you here. Carbo lost the team, but the team is also a bunch of babies.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:28 PM
brownman*

Quote:
No evidence besides the fact that the team has been on a steady decline since late November.
*December

After the Habs beat the Sabres 5-2 on the 19th it looked like the team was not going to be stopped.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:30 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
*December

After the Habs beat the Sabres 5-2 on the 19th it looked like the team was not going to be stopped.
They've had flashes, but the decline started in November when they lost to the Flyers.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator View Post
I only say this cause i see the Saku really not playing that well....and with his Roomate Rivet being benched maybe Saku has lost fate in Carbo and it has trickled to the other players....and add to the fact the whole Sammy affair and the lack of goals and the constant Line juggling...This all smells pretty bad ....I'm not saying that this is fact...but it is fuel for thought

Personally this team was a 6-7-8 place team starting this year and we played over our heads for the first half ...and although everyone had high hopes ...this is still and 6-7-8 seed."if you are realistic"..lets just hope the team can get together and get that seed and put a few wins together.
In my opinion, any player who does not want to buy into Carbo's coaching style or his methods for handling players....they should hit the road!!!
Since when do the players run the team and make all the decisions???? It seems like if the players don't like the coach or the style of play the coach wants to play, they just seem to stop trying and shut down.
Well I for one am getting sick of all the bull**** about Carbo losing his players and not doing things the right way and such. CARBO IS THE COACH!!! if the players don't wanna play the way he wants them to, they will be benched.....if they don't like getting benched and still don't want to play Carbo's game....trade them or cut them or something. We need to have players who are willing to adjust and play the way the coach expected them to play.....and until that starts to happen....we will fall out of the playoff picture.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Puckhead58*

You never seen anybody question Scotty Bowman, Jacques Demers or Pat Burns coaching methods....the players just bought into the system and played the best they could to earn their money.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:34 PM
brownman*

Quote:
They've had flashes, but the decline started in November when they lost to the Flyers.
So their 5 game win streak in mid-December was just them having some fun?

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Yes... and the 5 game winning streak in December was what? we were 7-1-2 to start December until December 23rd, thats were the decline started.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
So their 5 game win streak in mid-December was just them having some fun?
The streak was the team playing for their GM after his personal tragedy.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:37 PM
simz78

Quote:
The slump started on December 23rd. It's a non sense to keep blaming Latendresse and Carbo for this, when guys like Kovalev and Koivu are doing nothing since then.

simz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Carbonneau lost me, I personally think he's a terrible coach with no sense of reason.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
In my opinion, any player who does not want to buy into Carbo's coaching style or his methods for handling players....they should hit the road!!!
Since when do the players run the team and make all the decisions???? It seems like if the players don't like the coach or the style of play the coach wants to play, they just seem to stop trying and shut down.
Well I for one am getting sick of all the bull**** about Carbo losing his players and not doing things the right way and such. CARBO IS THE COACH!!! if the players don't wanna play the way he wants them to, they will be benched.....if they don't like getting benched and still don't want to play Carbo's game....trade them or cut them or something. We need to have players who are willing to adjust and play the way the coach expected them to play.....and until that starts to happen....we will fall out of the playoff picture.
That's what professional sports has turned into. Some players need to be pampered like the million dollar babies that they are. It's sad and Carbo isn't about to sink to their level.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
I see a bunch of gaps in this thread, which can only mean that our great and good friend Beatnik is posting. Of course, with Beatnik on my ignore list I no longer need to read his filth, but I wager he's acused me 7-8 times already of being anti french-Canadian in this thread.
no he didn't do that. But I also happen to think you hate french canadians.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote