HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Super Merged Rant Thread

Old
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
LOL! That's us alright! That's what happen with emotional fans : the content of posts gets amplified way too much after a loss (or a series of...)!
Hahaha...very true, but that's what makes our board (MTL) the most exciting on the site.

02-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Delat

I have another good idea: let's stop bouilding what a call "THE HOLE".

Right now it's not going well, everyone wants changes:" fire Carboneau, remove Kovy, booo Saku, I hate you Ryder!..."I've heard too much.

Let's stop digging and puting pressure on a simple win. What is the only way to remove that hole? Put all the negatives we have right now in that hole and fill it whit all the dirt we have, at the end you'll see little flowers will appear. It mau seems philosophical, but it's true. We have to stop complaining and start telling ourselves that the end of the season is going to be a challenge and that the habs can do it. YEAH YEAH they CAN. It has to begin whit one player and it's going to touch everyone, and the seventh player can begin now. At saturday's game, I'll be there and everyone should encourage their team, for those who think they don't like loosing...WRONG. Next game the crowd must be the best of the year, it has to be a fire starter for our habs.

For sure changes would maybe help, maybe not. But one players more won't change the fact that our habs need to know we trust in them and that they can win like they did before.

Have a good friday!

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:35 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
We are not talking about what happens in the off-season. I was making the point about expecting trades DURING the season when the team is slumping. The Theodore/Aebi trade was an extreme situation, and yet at the same time it was a trade for backup goalies.

If you want to talk about dumping salary, then that also a completely different situation. Salary dumps NEVER make a team better immediately.
In the case of theo and aebi it did.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Kostitsyn404*

I think OTT/COL should do a trade. Theo for Gerber. LOL.

Just so long as Gerber doesn't get Diharea during the playoffs I'm pretty sure that Colorado would be happy. (lol)

Kostitsyn404* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
We are not talking about what happens in the off-season. I was making the point about expecting trades DURING the season when the team is slumping. The Theodore/Aebi trade was an extreme situation, and yet at the same time it was a trade for backup goalies.

If you want to talk about dumping salary, then that also a completely different situation. Salary dumps NEVER make a team better immediately.
Theo for Aebi was during the Hab's slump before trade deadline and it had an immediate impact since Theo was injured and Aebi was ready to help us finish the season, stop saying things before thinking. And just for your knowledge, trade deadline is made for salary dumps most of the time, you rarely see a Hossa for Heatley during the deadline period.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
I think calling this edition of the Habs a ‘Good’ team is stretching it a bit. I’d say decent at best would be more accurate. Let’s be realistic here. Your top goal scorer has 18 goals. This goal scorer also happens to be a d-man. At least 15 of those goals were scored from big points shots on the power play. The team is abysmal at even strength and is now struggling on the special team that carried them throughout the first half of the season. The goal tending is inconsistent because there’s no clear cut #1 goalie in there, these two guys are solid #2 goal tenders. No more no less.

If anything, this team should be commanded for their fantastic first half performance with the talent they have at their disposal, which, quite frankly, is not much.
It could be a stretch to say that, but personally, I don't think so.

I've seen this team play, we beat Buffalo, we beat Ottawa, I know this team can play and Im not giving up. We've all seen this team play awesome in the first 30 games. Its the same team, so something's gotta give sooner or later.

All in all, we need a shakeup here.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:55 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habman View Post
How about Bob just sits pat with what we have and makes no moves
  • so we can miss the playoffs
  • so we can have a another great start to the season just to have it all fall apart in the end
  • so we can continue to score no goals and get humiliated
  • SO we lose all our UFA at the end cause who would want to come back to mediocracy
  • this list could go on and on
  • so we can fall out of a playoff spot

never mind that is what he is doing
Bitter habs fan
I'm actually beginning to think we should not only stand pat, but even be sellers... and then FINALLY draft a #1 center or dman

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Theo for Aebi was during the Hab's slump before trade deadline and it had an immediate impact since Theo was injured and Aebi was ready to help us finish the season, stop saying things before thinking. And just for your knowledge, trade deadline is made for salary dumps most of the time, you rarely see a Hossa for Heatley during the deadline period.
Theo for Aebi was done AFTER the slump. They had already turned things around by then. The trade was made during a 4-1-1 road trip. And like I said, the Theodore situation was also an extreme situation.

So what salary dump is gonna make us appreciably better this trade deadline?

So what useful player is gonna come our way by trading Samsonov?

I am sure there is a Pierre Lacroix like character out there in GM land just pining to get his hands on Sammy or Kovalev.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Theo for Aebi was done AFTER the slump. They had already turned things around by then. The trade was made during a 4-1-1 road trip. And like I said, the Theodore situation was also an extreme situation.

So what salary dump is gonna make us appreciably better this trade deadline?

So what useful player is gonna come our way by trading Samsonov?

I am sure there is a Pierre Lacroix like character out there in GM land just pining to get his hands on Sammy or Kovalev.
Garth Snow?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I'm actually beginning to think we should not only stand pat, but even be sellers... and then FINALLY draft a #1 center or dman
I agree. I would part with Koivu, Rivet, Bouillion, Sammy and Perezhogin.
The teams biggest problem is that we have to play as a team every game, we have nobody on the team that can put the team on their back and lead them to victory....(like Jagr, Heatley, Hossa, Crosby etc.).
Our forwards aren't good enough to get into the offensive zone and get good scoring chances, our defence isn't good enough to stop the other teams forwards without a lot of help from our forwards. So if the team doesn't work together every game....we end up losing. When everybody is on the same page and playing their best....we win...but I would rather see someone be able to step up and lead the team when they are down and get them out of the slump.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:18 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I agree. I would part with Koivu, Rivet, Bouillion, Sammy and Perezhogin.
As much as without him we'd be 30th in the league, I'd part with Souray... he's gone in the summer anyway, lets get something

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Doctor House

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
We already have 12 legit NHL Forward + Mark Streit but half of them just sucks right now. It's not like we have Murray Downey and some other goon or lesser good player that we can put in Hamilton and then calling up our good young player to help our team offensively. With Bégin coming back back we'll need to put a guy in Hamilton most likely Murray but then what? Our team wont have any room for other player in it. You cant bench guys like Ryder, Samsonov, Bégin, Perezhogin or Latendreesse for10 games to let another guy in. I think we really need to make room for Kostitsyn and/or Grabovski. So a trade 2 for 1 4 for 2 whatever is probably a good move right now.

At defense it's pretty much the same. Niinimaa is doing good IMO, I want Streit to get ice time but will they play when Markov and Rivet come back? I doubt it. When injured players come back we've 22 players who can play on a regular basis in the NHL in Montreal and some other in Hamilton. Depth is good but with a great future liek we have I really do think we should get rid of some players. Shaking the team up cant hurt we cant buy a goal nor a win these last couple of weeks.

I'm not the kind of guy who panic quickly but right now we need a change. I dont want the biggest name I just want my team to win and I think a part of this winning team is right now in Hamilton. Maybe trading for picks or giving more player then we get might be the best option because we dont have any room for rookie right now and the guy in the line-up are strugling bad.

IMO if you cant win you better use your young player, really often they just need confidence to be a good player. They can surprise you and become the player that you are looking for and you dont have to trade a part of your team.

Well that's my opinion.
In my opinion Huet was stealing games and our special teams was on fire. Well both are cold and we never addressed the 5 on 5 issues in time.

Carbo's antics don't help either.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

around the trade deadline it's always very exciting for hockey fans.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:21 AM
znk

Quote:
And how did that make our team appreciably better? We traded our backup goalie for another backup.
We sent 5.5 millions the other way.... This is one of the best Salary cap era trades. The bad thing is that the money saved turned in to Samsonov.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Except for that little detail about Theodore for Aebischer.
Don't forget Todd Simpson for a 6th

Bronn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Maybe trading for picks or giving more player then we get might be the best option because we dont have any room for rookie right now and the guy in the line-up are strugling bad.
In a salary capped league where most teams don't have too much wiggle room, what you're proposing is going to be hard to do...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:56 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
In a salary capped league where most teams don't have too much wiggle room, what you're proposing is going to be hard to do...
Well yes I know... especially with a lot of young guy already on team. The only player we could trade somewhere else to make room would be Bonk and Johnson but Kostitsyn and Grabovski are offensive player. Maybe Ryder and Samsonov then but I still think that Samsonov can help the team. So Ryder is maybe the only option and some good teams still have room like Anaheim. Dunno if they would be intesrested in this guy but IMO it's one of the guy we need to move. Kostitsyn would be better for half of the price.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Well yes I know... especially with a lot of young guy already on team. The only player we could trade somewhere else to make room would be Bonk and Johnson but Kostitsyn and Grabovski are offensive player. Maybe Ryder and Samsonov then but I still think that Samsonov can help the team. So Ryder is maybe the only option and some good teams still have room like Anaheim. Dunno if they would be intesrested in this guy but IMO it's one of the guy we need to move. Kostitsyn would be better for half of the price.
What I meant is that to be able to send these guys somewhere, you'd probably need to take on another salary thus, filling out a roster spot anyways.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Puckhead58*

I agree....something has to give and soon too! I personally would get rid of Ryder, Samsonov, Rivet, Perezhogin and maybe Bouillion right off the bat, make room for Grabovski, Kostitsyn and Cote to come up and learn the ropes, get a few games under their belts. If we make the playoffs then great, if we don't then so what....we need to start re-building a little bit. Ryder, Sammy, Rivet and Bouillion are not helping the team one bit...so why keep them around when we can start using Lapierre, Grabovski, Kostitsyn and Cote and get them ready for the future. Sign them for long contracts for very little money and then we can afford to go out an sign some much needed veterns to help the young players out and address some needs like a 2nd centermen and a solid defencemen.
Now is the time.....get to work Bob!!

Old
02-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

What about Mark Bell in SJ ? When he was playing at Chicago, he was a 20 goal/ 20 pass guy. He's full of intensity, and a mean streak; something the MTL team dont have.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
As much as without him we'd be 30th in the league, I'd part with Souray... he's gone in the summer anyway, lets get something
True....Souray would be our best trade bait and we could replace him very easily with the extra defencemen we have.

Markov - Komisarek
Niinimaa - Rivet
Bouillion - Dandenault
Streit

We don't need to rely on Souray for our powerplay if we don't want to, we could get creative and think of other ways to score goals. I would rather have good forwards to depend on for our teams scoring than our worst defensive defencemen.