HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kudos to Kaspar...

Old
02-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Kudos to Kaspar...

I know it's a pretty small thing but it's a break from the general downbeat state of the Rangers and some of theis board but you gotta love his attitude.

"then defenseman Darius Kasparaitis called the team together at center ice..."I told them you just have to play for each other," said Kasparaitis, a 14-year NHL veteran in a second stint with the Pack after clearing waivers. "You have to pull the guy next to you and help him out because that's how you turn [around] the game. ... I like the team. I don't know what organization I'm going to be playing with, but being a good teammate is what matters to me now. I want to help the younger guys with my experience as much as I can."

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see KASPAR up in NY if the team somehow stays in the PO over the next month .....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:36 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
I know it's a pretty small thing but it's a break from the general downbeat state of the Rangers and some of theis board but you gotta love his attitude.

"then defenseman Darius Kasparaitis called the team together at center ice..."I told them you just have to play for each other," said Kasparaitis, a 14-year NHL veteran in a second stint with the Pack after clearing waivers. "You have to pull the guy next to you and help him out because that's how you turn [around] the game. ... I like the team. I don't know what organization I'm going to be playing with, but being a good teammate is what matters to me now. I want to help the younger guys with my experience as much as I can."

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see KASPAR up in NY if the team somehow stays in the PO over the next month .....

Time to give Kaspar another chance.. He can't do any worse! or can he?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Good to see he is making the best out of his situation and is trying to help the team out as much as he can. I can see him as a coach later on in his career.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Chimp

Kaspar has a great personality. He could just do as any other NHL player would have done and be a locker room cancer, instead he makes the best out of the situation and is a mentor for the younger players. Big kudos to Kaspar. But of course, I wouldn't have any problem with that either earning $3 million this season.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:46 AM
NYR469

the reason kaspar won't be recalled is that teams like the isles have already made it known that they would claim him on re-entry waivers and then the rangers get hit with 1/2 his salary against the cap for next year.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Fletch

Isn't Kaspar..

still getting paid around $3MM over the next two years no matter where he's playing? I think I'd be happy. Take some time off from the big guys, help out some kids, get paid to do it...nothing wrong with that.

In all seriousness, Kaspar's character and his ability to be a good teammate have never been questioned. You know when he goes out there he does his best, which just hasn't been good enough.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
the reason kaspar won't be recalled is that teams like the isles have already made it known that they would claim him on re-entry waivers and then the rangers get hit with 1/2 his salary against the cap for next year.
True. i.e. Jason LaBarbara in LA (Manchester). He doesn't make nearly as much, but he's in the same boat.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
True. i.e. Jason LaBarbara in LA (Manchester). He doesn't make nearly as much, but he's in the same boat.
has'nt that also been wade flaherty's problem the last 2 years.? lol

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:47 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Kaspar's heart has never been a problem. It's the rest of him that's breaking down.

02-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
Eventhough my post was more directed at his attitude, my bad...I completley forgot about the 1/2 off sale on re-entry which indeed would make it moire likely for a team like the Isles to grab him---if they still think they are in it..But, like us, thay are ging back and forth...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:08 AM
TheRedressor

Still not time to give him a chance with that type of Cap hit

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:59 AM
swedishfish

i love kaspar and i hope he has some part in the organization, as a player, coach, something...for years to come. His heart is in the right place, and even though his body might not be, its harder to find people with heart.

swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfish View Post
i love kaspar and i hope he has some part in the organization, as a player, coach, something...for years to come. His heart is in the right place, and even though his body might not be, its harder to find people with heart.
I'll second that. There should be at least one Kaspar-character on every team. He's all heart and a locker room comedian.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:02 PM
NJRanger

kaspar = bernie williams.

a good teammate but doesn't fit in the team anymore.

NJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:38 PM
cringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRanger View Post

well said.

(although Bernie is far more near and dear to his team than Kaspar, from a complete career standpoint.)

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

What do you say when your body can't compete anymore?

"You have to pull the guy next to you and help him out because that's how you turn [around] the game. ... I like the team. I don't know what organization I'm going to be playing with, but being a good teammate is what matters to me now. I want to help the younger guys with my experience as much as I can."

I like Kaspar, hope hockey treats him well when he retires. You never know with his legacy.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRanger View Post

Disagree,

Kaspar can't play his game anymore. Bernie still had a very respectable season.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
cringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Disagree,

Kaspar can't play his game anymore. Bernie still had a very respectable season.
"Had" yes, but If I recall correctly the Yankees recently offered him a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training in March. Basically saying you're done in a pleasant way.

Similar to the demotion kaspar just got.

Old
02-09-2007, 02:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cringer View Post
"Had" yes, but If I recall correctly the Yankees recently offered him a minor league contract and an invitation to spring training in March. Basically saying you're done in a pleasant way.

Similar to the demotion kaspar just got.
Disagree again. If Bernie was so inclined, he could get a major league deal from somebody.

I'd take him on the Mets over some of their bench guys.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Fletch

cringer...

the Yankees didn't say you're done to Bernie, they're saying that with the outfield they have, and with young guys including Cabrera, there's not going to be much room for him in the lineup and his role will be greatly diminished. He had a good season last year, despite being played inconsistently - should've played more too.

The Rangers do not have holes in the defense. Kaspar can't fill that hole, and had every chance this season, along with Ozolinsh, to fill that hole.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
cringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Disagree again. If Bernie was so inclined, he could get a major league deal from somebody.

I'd take him on the Mets over some of their bench guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the Yankees didn't say you're done to Bernie, they're saying that with the outfield they have, and with young guys including Cabrera, there's not going to be much room for him in the lineup and his role will be greatly diminished. He had a good season last year, despite being played inconsistently - should've played more too.

The Rangers do not have holes in the defense. Kaspar can't fill that hole, and had every chance this season, along with Ozolinsh, to fill that hole.
Both fair points. The Bernie comparison is iffy after thinking it through.

Old
02-09-2007, 03:56 PM
shoothepuck

He's done nothing to earn his 3 mil this year. He should take the team out for lunch every day.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Edge

It's sad.

Sometimes you see a player who isn't trying and you resent him.

In a case like this you know it's less about heart and more about the realization that his style of play has probably caught up to him at this point.

You root for the guy, but at the end of the day you still come to realization that he's not getting it done.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:29 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I DISLIKE Kasparitus with a passion, I will not lie.

But I have to give him credit where its due. He's definitely a major piece of glue holding that team together. He's got a lot of heart and passion for his team and the game, and I respect that a lot. With the rough times the Rangers have had recently, they definitely need someone like that on their team.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:02 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
I DISLIKE Kasparitus with a passion, I will not lie.

But I have to give him credit where its due. He's definitely a major piece of glue holding that team together. He's got a lot of heart and passion for his team and the game, and I respect that a lot. With the rough times the Rangers have had recently, they definitely need someone like that on their team.
You realize this "glue" you credit with holding our team together was sent to Hartford weeks ago, right? That's some glue...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote