HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund-Habs scouting the Flyers heavily

Old
02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
To be honest I wouldn't do that trade if I was philly.

Gagne is one of the top 2 way forwards in the league. Price is still a lottery ticket.
If you know where I can pick up a lottery ticket with those kind of odds... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

and does this mean you're of the thinking that Kovalev, Samsonov and a 1st round pick have absolutely no value?

Gagne is very good, no doubt, but not THAT good imo.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You know that, are you a source???

Gainey would unload Bouillon and Dandenault with Halak in a package for Forsberg so fast it would make your head spin!

We would then just have to have another deal in place to trade Sammy to lighten more cap space.

Your inside info is a 1st seen here and I think it is bogus.
errr i doubt that, seeing as how that would take 2 regulars out of the lineup and we would have no one to replace them with...

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
If you know where I can pick up a lottery ticket with those kind of odds... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

and does this mean you're of the thinking that Kovalev, Samsonov and a 1st round pick have absolutely no value?

Gagne is very good, no doubt, but not THAT good imo.
Gagne alone is worth more than 2 overpaid lazy russians and a mid 1st round pick.

The guy is easily a 30 goal scorer and a great 2 way forward with great speed... He's worth much more than anyone on our team.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:34 PM
bjac

Even knowing it probably wouldn't happen, I think Gainey would be wise to go after Pitkanen. He would cost alot, but hes young, talented and replaces people who could potentially be lost to free agency next year. I think (not 100% sure) that he's under contract for a year or two as well.

As much as I like Forsburg, giving up assets to aquire a rental on a non contender team doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if we had kept pace with the Sabre's it would be a different story.

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Clumsyhab

Gagne = Higgins

We dont need him

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Some names that are of interest to me:

I agree with some posters that Mike Knuble may be exactly what we need presently, a not necessarily gifted but big physical player willing to park in front of the net... Perhaps he could teach Latendresse some tricks.

One player that is probably having a sophomore slump presently is RJ Umberger, and he has enough offensive skills to be molded into the big 2nd line center that we need... althought he's probably not ready yet to have an impact...

Don't you think we lack energy and desire ? And damn, especially from our bottom lines... Downey is funny, and is a great character guy to have around the team, but on the ice he isn't worth alot, even if he tries his best. Todd Fedoruk is a guy I would target, he's really big and can throw 'em with the best of them. He can play a bit of hockey too, at least enough to play a regular shift.

A project player that I wanted us to try to get a while ago, is Ben Eager. This guy, IMO, could develop into something like Ethan Moreau, a big guy who's fearless and oozes leadership. I think (but I'm not sure) that he has good skating abilities for his size, can drop the gloves too... instant energy boost. Surprisingly enough, I saw some Philly posters say that he's an untouchable.

I haven't mentionned Forsberg or Gagné or Pitkanen, just because everyone want them... but IMO it's just a dream.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Gagne = Higgins

We dont need him
Hmm, You wouldn't like to have 2 Higgins on your team? What world are you living in?

Also, Gagne is > Higgins. He's a 40 goal scorer (proving that this year) while Higgins is a 25-30 goaler at the moment with the potential to be as good/better as Gagne.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Gagne alone is worth more than 2 overpaid lazy russians and a mid 1st round pick.

The guy is easily a 30 goal scorer and a great 2 way forward with great speed... He's worth much more than anyone on our team.
as bad as samsonov has been, I haven't heard many people accuse him of being lazy...

""Overpaid lazy russians"" Are you one of those "Cherry-esque" sports fans, or was that just a slip up based out of frustration?

Although Kovalev does leave a lot to be desired, the guy is a flat out PLAYER come crunch time... skill wise he leaves Gagne in the dust, but consistency is a huge issue, no doubt about it.

Back to the original deal, I still think thar Carey Price + 1st round pick + Kovalev + Samsonov is still too much for a rental and Simon Gagne, as much as I do appreciate Gagne's skill.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote