HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

new lines.....again

Old
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
Hossa-Straka-Jagr
Avery-Nylander-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-Orr

as per sam

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

and D pairings

Malik-Rozsival
Ward-Rachunek
Tyutin-Girardi
They look a lot like the lines I posted here...wait.. THEY ARE!!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
xander

while I don't think this would work well over the long term, I'd love to see a line of:

Hollweg-Avery-Ortmeyer

put together from time to time for the sole purpose of driving other teams nuts.

Have them play a 2-1-2 (with Jed hanging back as defensive insurance) and let Holly and Avery hit, agitate and bait to they're hearts content.

Again, I think Avery's offensive ablities are abit waisted with Hollweg and Orts, but for a period, or game, here and there it would be great. I'd love to see them put together and paired against Gionta-Gomez-Elias the next time we play Jersey.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nhl/index.html

Nearing the end of their off-day workout, New York coach Tom Renney spent about 15 minutes looking at new power-play units. One of the combinations Renney looked at included recently acquired Sean Avery. The group consisted of Brendan Shanahan, Jason Krog and Avery up front, with Karel Rachunek and Matt Cullen at the point positions. Avery seemed to add a little enthusiasm to a what-would-be second unit.
-- New York Post

02-09-2007, 03:07 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont really like Krog on the PP. And what happens to the number one unit now? Does Prucha get added? I'd really want to se Hossa out there.

Like Cullen on the point, he was best when he was on the point last year with Carolina

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I dont really like Krog on the PP. And what happens to the number one unit now? Does Prucha get added? I'd really want to se Hossa out there.

Like Cullen on the point, he was best when he was on the point last year with Carolina
Pruchas been put on the 1st pp unit.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Pruchas been put on the 1st pp unit.
Thank God, Jesus. I stuck up for Renney for a while, but o be honest i cant stand him, he a ****ng retard. thi guy has got to go, finally puts Prucha on the PP, but its ok cause if Prucha dont score a PP goal tonight Renney will take him off the 1st PP unit, drop him to the 4th and crush this talented eneergetic kids esteem, like he been doing all season.

Damn I cant decide if I hate Renney more than Sather, its a toss up for me.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Fletch

Renney's M.O. is...

try it, and if it doesn't work on the first try, try something else. Oddly enough, that's a bit different than last season when he was more patient - amazing how much a couple players can carry a weakly coached team.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Some of you guys are way to high on Prucha. Yes he has talent, yes he has a good wrist shot, yes he hustles, yes he works hard, yes he gets up everytime he is hit hard.

But he doesnt have any consistency, he doesnt have confidence anymore, he doesnt shoot the puck anywhere near as much as did last year with that good wrist shot he has, he's doesnt crash the net as much anymore ever since his injury last season, and he handles the puck like a hot potato if anyone hasnt noticed yet.

Old
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Fletch

The question is...

does he lack consistency, or is his playing time doled out inconsistently. Not sure what to expect from a guy playing without a playmaker and on a second PP unit that seems to only come out in the last 20-30 second of a PP, if that, when they get one shot to set up and if they don't, the PP's basically over. I'll say this again, and this is with any goal scorer, if he doesn't get the shooting chances, he will lose his rhythm, and he will have a hard time scoring.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

The fact is Prucha doesnt shoot the puck anymore. Sure he doesnt have a good playmaker with him. But you dont need someone to help you shoot the puck more. Too many times this season I've seen him enter the opposing zone this year with the puck and he's tried to make a move around them instead of using them as a screen and shooting, or he goes into the corner with the puck. And when he was with Shanny in the beginning of the year he wasnt shooting, he was passing. And when Shanny was setting him up he was whiffing on almost every one time attempt or he was badly missing the net. Sure he's still young and does have talent but there's a reason he hasnt been given a lot of playing time this year.

Old
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Some of you guys are way to high on Prucha. Yes he has talent, yes he has a good wrist shot, yes he hustles, yes he works hard, yes he gets up everytime he is hit hard.

But he doesnt have any consistency, he doesnt have confidence anymore, he doesnt shoot the puck anywhere near as much as did last year with that good wrist shot he has, he's doesnt crash the net as much anymore ever since his injury last season, and he handles the puck like a hot potato if anyone hasnt noticed yet.
here is whats wrong with Prucha this year in a nutshell.

1)Shanahan is a freakin legend for his shot, Prucha, when playing w/ shanahan, just defers to him, and tries to get him the puck

2)if hes not playing with shanahan, then he just goes to playing with the most offensively inept partners, like Hollweg and Betts or Ward and Orr or something insane like that.

3)Prucha thrives on the PP, he hasnt gotten even 1/20th as much PP time as he got last year.

I think the COP line really is the answer to the problem. on that line, HE is the shooter, he is the focal point, AND those 2 arent completely offensively inept. Orts has surprised me with his vision this year. I didnt see it last year, but its definitely there now.

Old
02-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Leprechaun

These lines are much more like it. I saw those riddiculus lines earlier and didnt even know what to think.

I'm currious to see Avery-Nylander-Shanny. In theory it should work out relatively well. You have the playmaker to feed the puck, the sniper to score, and the gritty guy to do the work along the boards. It will be interesting to see how Shanny does with someone who can feed him the puck.

Leprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't much like Ward playing left defense.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:19 PM
shoothepuck

Would have rather seen Prucha on the 1st line over Hossa, but Renney has shown all season long, that the lines will be switched around 6 shifts into the game anyway. No real change on the 2nd line pp, as Avery comes in for Hall basically, and even that, Tinkering Tom will mess with, 3 pp's in if he gets the chance. Orr against Tampa is dumb, but what else is new. Play a weeble on skates, against a team that can skate, thus limiting yourself to not roll 4 lines.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Staal Me Up

Send a message via AIM to Staal Me Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Why Rachunek ? He has 5 points in last 6 games, and he played fairly well
Agreed, I dont know why everyone is hating on big Karl

Staal Me Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Leprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Would have rather seen Prucha on the 1st line over Hossa, but Renney has shown all season long, that the lines will be switched around 6 shifts into the game anyway.
couldn't agree more about prucha and hossa. I can't, for the life of me, understand why Renny would put Hossa in that spot over Prucha. Even Prucha in his slump has more offensive ability than Hossa. Sure Hossa comes up with these big games from time to time, but thats what, one out of every ten games at best?

Old
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
couldn't agree more about prucha and hossa. I can't, for the life of me, understand why Renny would put Hossa in that spot over Prucha. Even Prucha in his slump has more offensive ability than Hossa. Sure Hossa comes up with these big games from time to time, but thats what, one out of every ten games at best?
i think its because Jagr and Hossa show great chemistry, and the COP line shows AMAZING chemistry.

hes trying to get 2 guys going there.

while im not a huge fan of Hossa, i think youd have to be blind to not see some serious improvement of his game in the past 2 weeks or so.

Hes been really good post all star break.

Old
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Leprechaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i think its because Jagr and Hossa show great chemistry, and the COP line shows AMAZING chemistry.

hes trying to get 2 guys going there.

while im not a huge fan of Hossa, i think youd have to be blind to not see some serious improvement of his game in the past 2 weeks or so.

Hes been really good post all star break.
I see your point, and i understand the importance of chemistry, but I just don't put much stock in any apparent chemistry between jagr and hossa. Hossa just has far too streaky tendencies. I guess it would make sense to play them together while the chemistry is there though.

I suppose tonight's game will tell...

Old
02-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Leprechaun

I happily eat my words about hossa on jagr's line....

Old
02-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I happily eat my words about hossa on jagr's line....

that line with 2 goals...nice nice nice

Old
02-10-2007, 12:14 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I truely believe Renney has figured it out. Hossa has been great all year he like Jagr creates space. Jagr hasnt really been able to get open because players never needed to double team nylander and straka as much because their not big guys and they can be knocked off the puck. Hossa is a big guy, he wins the puck in the corner and comes out with two guys on his back a lot or with one guy on his back and another guy shadowing him ready to jump him. If Hossa can continue to shoot with that great wrist shot he has shown off this past week that line will become a great threat and take off. So will Hossa's career. I've been saying all year Hossa has been one of our bright spots and last year I was continually saying not to give up on him. He's finally coming around and now with playing with Jagr, I think was the last piece of the puzzle to solving Hossa's slow development and jumpstarting him.

Old
02-10-2007, 07:49 AM
bubba5

It only took Renney 50 games to figure out you cant put all your eggs in one basket on the top line. Now we have a second line center and teams will have to decide who to put their checking line against, Jagr or Shanny's. Thanks for throwing away 2/3 of the season.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:03 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
hopefully in place of Orr.
Could be he replaces Orts on the third line and Orts goes to the 4th instead of Orr.

Prucha Cullen Dupuis
Hollweg Betts Orts

(Yes, I'm aware Orr played well last night, but those are two lines that have major speed.)

Old
02-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Could be he replaces Orts on the third line and Orts goes to the 4th instead of Orr.

Prucha Cullen Dupuis
Hollweg Betts Orts

(Yes, I'm aware Orr played well last night, but those are two lines that have major speed.)
I dont think Orr will sit tonight, mainly because I think Renney will be expecting a tough game and feels Orr will help in that department. Thats my feeling atleast, who knows whats actually going to happen with these lines tonight.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I dont think Orr will sit tonight, mainly because I think Renney will be expecting a tough game and feels Orr will help in that department. Thats my feeling atleast, who knows whats actually going to happen with these lines tonight.
I don't disagree.

I'm thinking about our lineup down the road, if the first 2 lines work, and we somehow make the playoffs.