HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Carbo Losing the Team

Old
02-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Turbo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
carbo is a poor mario tremblay
[skip] and you are a broken record

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:55 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse 4 View Post
i wish he would stop making faces after penalty calls... please guy i don't like that the refs have a hate on for us... i appreciate the fire and desire to win but gainey was so cool. there is something to be said for this approach. this shows people you are in control and not the referees.
The best coaches that ever were and ever will be were all extra hard on the refs. Scotty Bowman intimidated referees.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah but Scotty Bowman wasn't terribly vocal to them during the game, as I recall.

Personally, I like the fire. I think it will help Carbo in the long run. He wants to win so much, he'll do anything to do it (and we've seen that he'll do anything).

02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Azalichio

Send a message via MSN to Azalichio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Yeah but Scotty Bowman wasn't terribly vocal to them during the game, as I recall.

Personally, I like the fire. I think it will help Carbo in the long run. He wants to win so much, he'll do anything to do it (and we've seen that he'll do anything).
With time he'll learn to use that energy the right way. It's just a matter of time.

Remember people.. this team is still rebuilding.

Azalichio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:05 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post

True enough but it pisses me off when people say **** like that. Carbonneau hates bad calls, big surprise. Anyone who thinks Carbo's getting too emotional over penalties is both ignorant and hypocritical. I'm sure everyone was just peachy with Schaefer getting away with slashing Plekanec in the face the other night, and I'm sure they loved the way Murray *****ed about missed cross-checks when his team got a perfectly reasonable penalty and despite the fact that the refs had already missed at least 5 calls on the Sens.

Old
02-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
The best coaches that ever were and ever will be were all extra hard on the refs. Scotty Bowman intimidated referees.
i acknowledge your point... i think bowman was better at picking spots... it's intimidating when someone with bowman's reputation gets angry at a call... it's annoying when guy carbonneau looks at you like you have no idea what you're doing after every call... that's what i'm trying to get across.... i think this is something guy will learn... who knows? guy deserves the right to vent as much as anyone if he's frustrated but i'd prefer he punch the wall or get drunk... anything... i appreciate the desire to win too... it's a good quality... please don't get me wrong... but i think guy should step up and take some ownership... we lost the game. we'll be more ready next game... some accountablity... i'd respect that... these expressions make me wonder sometimes... that's all. i'm still with guy and i think he'll be a great coach... i'm with the poster who think he's still learning...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
dodecapod*

I agree, the team has to be held accountable and no coach should ever put a loss on the refs' shoulders. Carbonneau has held the team accountable before though. Take the first game he ever coached as an example: "We gave the game away to Buffalo tonight".

Old
02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

... i don't dispute that but i think it's even more important now when thing's aren't going well...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I like Carbo and I too think he's doing a real fine job...

Some of his decision have been questionned but I don't.. He'll coach that group for a while, don't expect Bob to change his coach, he'll stand for his man..

Carbo maybe sticked too long on certain line combinaison but he needed to that. That team needs to learn how to fight through something together and you just don't teach them stuff like that by giving them excuses with flip-flopping the line.

He made smart and educated decision that will pay off in the long run. Let's see how this team is prepared come playoff time before throwing rock.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Skyblaze

He's got the potential to be a great coach. He just needs some time to work out the kinks that come with the job. It's still a rather big step between being an assistant coach to being a head coach.

I won't disagree that he's making some mistakes at the moment but i'm willing to give him the time to adjust.

Skyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:41 PM
tricksta189*

Funny how he can go from being the future jack adams winner to suck

tricksta189* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:05 PM
tritone

Carbo still has my vote.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Just thought we could use a break from the "Carbonneau sucks" threads and their constant idiotic assumptions of how he's broken Koivu's heart by benching his lover Rivet or how his line combinations are worse than the hockey fans' who've never even played rec hockey once in their lives.

Seriously, I'm not even going to make an argument on this because I've already made it in about 10 Carbo sucks threads. I just thought that since I'm one of the apparent few who think he's doing a good job (amazing, actually) that I'd give him a "Carbonneau doesn't suck" thread.
This thread will sure make things better...

Your thread is not better than a "Carbo is the worse coach ever" thread. They are both extreme.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Your understanding of the english language is very poor then. I said IN MY OPINION he isn't that great a leader in the room, then I added "Maybe I am wrong". It's just my opinion, I can't know for sure.

Duh.
How can you even start forming an opinion on Koivu's behavior behind closed doors when as you indicated, the only thing that could allow you to form such opinion is the one thing you cannot do, which is be there and observe.

It sure is an opinion all right, my point was that it was an opinion out of one's ass, no offense intended.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
That doesn't have to do with Latendresse. I'm sure they were happy for him, he's their teammate. Latendresse is just doing his job and it would be stupid to blame him.

This thread has to do with how Carbo lost his players, and I think he did it by promoting the wrong guy. It sends a mixed message. Perezhogin was playing well and playing hard but he was passed over for a guy who was struggling. Yes it helped Lats, being promoted, and if you look through my posts you'll see me praising him because I think he's a great player...But this came at the cost of ruining Perezhogin's confidence.

The same mixed message is still being sent. Perezhogin continues to rot away in the press box- "because he takes bad penalties," while guys like Niinima, Ryder and others take just as many bad penalties and get ice time.
I have to agree with this. Perezhogin's season (which had been amazing uptil then) went into the dumps after this. Lats had previously destroyed the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines and he suddenly had a chance to go to the first??? while perez was sent to the 4th???

Then same thing happens with Samsonov. He spends the season on the 2nd with kovy. It's not working, maybe its his fault, maybe its not. But Carbs didn't even try him elsewhere. On the 3rd he played good, then benched, he played good with koivu, but benched.

I just think Carbs really needs to swallow his pride and put out good offensive lines.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:00 PM
dodecapod*

Seriously guys, I would rather talk about the dump I'm gonna take after eating chocolate chip cookies than Guy Carbonneau.

I would go into detail about the idiot ideas Habs fans have had in the past on what direction the team should take and make everyone realize what a mess it would be compared to the team Gainey has assembled but I'm too tired of this. Not that it would have any effect anyways. Someone would just hide behind some pointless stats or say something like "Well I thought Gainey should've traded Koivu for Lecavalier" or something stupid like that.

My point is that when Gainey once again doesn't listen to anything Hab fans say and the team is an hour away from game 7 of the conference finals with Carbonneau as head coach the same people who think he's a bad coach now will be chanting his name.

Old
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
A minor point, but both Rivet and Koivu are veterans and no longer have room mates when on the road. All this talk about Carbonneau's benching Rivet affecting Koivu's game is idol speculation, they are professionals after all (ditto this report of a locker room divided).

well said.

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:09 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carbo Diet View Post
Yeah, why bother having a coach at all? The players can come up with their own line combos, shift times, plays, self-motivation, etc. Who needs a coach?
So you're telling me that Souray, Streit, Kovalev, Koivu and Ryder can't figure out by themselves that on a 5 on 3

1. To score, you need to shoot.
2. Having a guy in front of the net is a big plus
3. Skating is part of hockey. MOVE! If you stay in one spot, it's easy to cut passing lanes...
4. Souray is not the only option
5. Since Souray is covered by one guy out of three, that leaves only two guys to cover the other 4 which means that there's plenty good shots available

All in all, I'm not saying that the coach is exempt from blame but you gotta cut the guy some slack.

First, he's a rookie coach.
Like rookie players, he should be "allowed" to make mistakes.
Second, I doubt that Carbonneau, Muller and Jarvis are not teaching the guys the obvious mentionned above. If the players to apply those simple rules, not much they can do can they?

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
People say Carbonneay has a desire to win?

Wrong, he has a desire not to lose. We have to want to win, not want to not lose. There is a big difference between those two concepts.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Bringing up the Lats issue is stupid...Lats produced on that line when Higgins was out and the team was winning, these speculations that a team is divided comes from the only reason that were slumping for a while now. This team is still united and I think they have faith in Carbo.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
orignl6

early on carbo stated "the players must respect my decsions" problem is carbo doesn't respect many of his players. it is the responsiblity of the coach to bring out the best of every player. looking back, his comments have been mostly negative towards his team. perhaps he should reflect and try a positive approach. he should also let his assistant coaches be more invloved before he loses them also. "YOU CAN'T DEMAND RESPECT' without showing a little.

orignl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habn8r View Post
early on carbo stated "the players must respect my decsions" problem is carbo doesn't respect many of his players. it is the responsiblity of the coach to bring out the best of every player. looking back, his comments have been mostly negative towards his team. perhaps he should reflect and try a positive approach. he should also let his assistant coaches be more invloved before he loses them also. "YOU CAN'T DEMAND RESPECT' without showing a little.
How the **** do you know that?

I love that Carbonneau is pushing his players. You want him to pamper the guys? "Too bad on causing a turnover on the PP Streit, better luck next time." He has to push the players, he has to tell them they're doing a bad job because they are. If he was telling them "good job", giving them a pat on the back and an arm around the shoulder the way they've been playing lately they'd think they're doing something right. They aren't. The players won't like it but when they finally listen to him and realize he's right they will never question him again.

This will both get the players to respect his decisions and bring out the best in the players.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:49 AM
dodecapod*

I made this as a joke actually (not that I think Carbonneau sucks). I'm starting to regret not throwing in an "I bet everyone $100 most people will ignore this post and keep rambling on about Carbonneau". I still liked the "he's broken Koivu's heart by benching his lover Rivet" bit I got in there though. LMAO, people actually think Koivu is struggling because his "best friend" was benched. The crap hockey fans come up with is priceless.

Oh well, I could always start a new Carbonneau thread tomorrow when everyone gets bored of the most recent one.

Old
02-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblaze View Post
He's got the potential to be a great coach. He just needs some time to work out the kinks that come with the job. It's still a rather big step between being an assistant coach to being a head coach.

I won't disagree that he's making some mistakes at the moment but i'm willing to give him the time to adjust.
That's what I don't get. Why is Montreal always the place where we have to watch young guys with potential (players and coaches) learn ropes and work out the kinks. (and usually go off and succeed somewhere else) I want results dammit.

As for Carbo, I don't really care. He could have been better, but he also could have been a complete disaster. He's not bad for a guy who has never even been the head coach a highschool softball team.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:15 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
How the **** do you know that?

I love that Carbonneau is pushing his players. You want him to pamper the guys? "Too bad on causing a turnover on the PP Streit, better luck next time." He has to push the players, he has to tell them they're doing a bad job because they are. If he was telling them "good job", giving them a pat on the back and an arm around the shoulder the way they've been playing lately they'd think they're doing something right. They aren't. The players won't like it but when they finally listen to him and realize he's right they will never question him again.

This will both get the players to respect his decisions and bring out the best in the players.
When you have two or three players top that are producing, you might consider thinking before giving them sh** in front of 21 000 fans for a rare mistake...

is he ?? really ??

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote