HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM Called About Ryder

Old
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
DieHardHabs

vCash: 500
GM Called About Ryder

here is the source... http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

"I was listening CKAC 730 AM at 10:46 PM when Ron Fournier said live on radio that a GM of a NHL Team call him to get information on Michael Ryder.

He said that he suggest that Bob Gainey won't trade Ryder. When the GM ask him why ... he answer that Ryder have the possibility to always finish 2nd or third goal scorer for the team each years. He said that he is a 30 goals scorer per year.

He never said which GM have called him or which team.

i think that if that is true that gainey should indeed listen to what ppl have to offer.. i see ryder as a one way player... if he is not scoring goals...what is he really doing!?

i know there have been many threads about trading ryder.. i just dont see him fiting in here... i think he should be packaged for a solid d... bc souray will not be back.. markov should be our number 1 priority...bc we lose 95% of the time he is out of the line up....thoughts?

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
brownman*

Ryder is almost as brutal as Aaron Downey so whatever has to be done to get him out of town is fine by me.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Puckhead58*

Yes....at least listen to the offers, who knows what some teams may be willing to give up to get Ryder.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Next Best Thing*

I seriously doubt any GM would call any other GM about not trading one of their players, let's be realist here. If I was said GM, I'd try and win a trade involving Ryder. This makes no sense. There's no "buddies" in this league, only rivals.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Mojoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardHabs View Post
here is the source... http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

"I was listening CKAC 730 AM at 10:46 PM when Ron Fournier said live on radio that a GM of a NHL Team call him to get information on Michael Ryder.

He said that he suggest that Bob Gainey won't trade Ryder. When the GM ask him why ... he answer that Ryder have the possibility to always finish 2nd or third goal scorer for the team each years. He said that he is a 30 goals scorer per year.

He never said which GM have called him or which team.

i think that if that is true that gainey should indeed listen to what ppl have to offer.. i see ryder as a one way player... if he is not scoring goals...what is he really doing!?

i know there have been many threads about trading ryder.. i just dont see him fiting in here... i think he should be packaged for a solid d... bc souray will not be back.. markov should be our number 1 priority...bc we lose 95% of the time he is out of the line up....thoughts?
Will it ever happen again?

I say listen and trade!

Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
DieHardHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I seriously doubt any GM would call any other GM about not trading one of their players, let's be realist here. If I was said GM, I'd try and win a trade involving Ryder. This makes no sense. There's no "buddies" in this league, only rivals.
yes i agree.. but someone called gainey asking about ryder... not gainey calling someone telling them that ryder is untouchable

DieHardHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoe View Post
Will it ever happen again?

I say listen and trade!
If he learned that a toe drag in slow motion isn't effective against people who aren't total retards, then he might

Old
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Masao

Is someone tapping Bob Gainey's phone? Is that even legal?

Masao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:02 PM
NewHabsEra*

Why would a Gm call Ron Fournier to have infos on players? I thought scouts were paid to do this job..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Ryder is almost as brutal as Aaron Downey so whatever has to be done to get him out of town is fine by me.
What?

That is the most idiotic comment I have read here in a while and there have been a lot!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Why would a Gm call Ron Fournier to have infos on players? I thought scouts were paid to do this job..
Well its not the first time someone call him for this kind of information. Fournier is well known and he understand the game well. He watches every habs game and stuff. A scout cant follow only one team all season. Fournier was referee for so many years he has contact all around NHL he usually knows a lot of thinfs about trades and stuff.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Maddas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Isn't that what market analysts call secondary information?

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What?

That is the most idiotic comment I have read here in a while and there have been a lot!
Obviously it was a hyperbole but it doesn't take away from the fact that Ryder sucks

Old
02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
Isn't that what market analysts call secondary information?
Yeah, secondary information. The GM called a guy who just happens to have a sports radio show. I see that happening.

That's one of the funniest thing I've ever heard Ron Fournier come up with. He is there to put on a show. That's what he did. Wether he lied or not is irrelevent we're talking about him on HFBOARDS. Imagine now what is said in locker rooms or in the Cantine around.

A GM called him, ron is the funniest man. I heard Gretzky called him to know wether he should deke left or right.

jacklours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:59 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours View Post
Yeah, secondary information. The GM called a guy who just happens to have a sports radio show. I see that happening.

That's one of the funniest thing I've ever heard Ron Fournier come up with. He is there to put on a show. That's what he did. Wether he lied or not is irrelevent we're talking about him on HFBOARDS. Imagine now what is said in locker rooms or in the Cantine around.

A GM called him, ron is the funniest man. I heard Gretzky called him to know wether he should deke left or right.
It isn't even secondary information. It's got to be at least three degrees of freedom. Hell, he's only (at most) 3 more away from Kevin Bacon. Maybe he started the rumour?

02-09-2007, 06:12 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Obviously it was a hyperbole but it doesn't take away from the fact that Ryder sucks
Yet he is the player GM's call about!

If they wanted players that suck then there are more options on this team beneath Ryder.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote