HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2007, 05:15 PM
  #26
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Not his choice.
Yes it is. Forsberg has a no-trade clause he would have to waive in order to be dealt.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
  #27
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I understand that, but all things considered I don't see many incentives to pick Montreal over the other two cities. That's what I'm saying.

PF has a no trade clause. He tells Phili " IFFFFFFFFFF" you want to trade me im willing to drop my no trade clause BUT to only go to 3 teams Detroit ,Anhiem and Montreal

...It is then out of PF hands as the Flyers then decide who is offering the best deal for the Flyers .

Nothing PF can do after that .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:19 PM
  #28
Kafka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Roster players excluded , Anaheim has better quality to offer than anyone. Detroit probably does have more willingness to part with picks /prospects though.
I have to disagree. Montreal prospects are WAY better than Anaheim's one. It's not even close. Smid isn't there anymore, Ryan isn't progressing like expected... while on our side, Price and Halak stocks are up, Kostytsin bros, Grabovski, Chipchura, Emelin, Maxwell, White, Carle. Name it.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:24 PM
  #29
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese View Post
Yes it is. Forsberg has a no-trade clause he would have to waive in order to be dealt.


Have you followed the conversation?

As was mentionned, it's assuming he's already decided to waive his NTC for Montreal Anaheim or Detroit. After that the team, not him, will decide wich offer they accept.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
  #30
shakes
Ancient Astronaut
 
shakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
He already has 2? cup rings. I think he'd be more interested in helping a team in greater need than Anaheim or Detroit imo... In montreal he'd have a challenge... One to bring a hockey-crazy city to the stanley cup, when they had no intentions or visions of making it. We haven't been to the promise land in 13+ years and I'd think that he'd get a greater deal of pride in helping this storied franchise over Detroit (who's had good success in recent years) and Anaheim (who aren't a storied franchise and are already favorites for making the finals).

It depends on what kind of man Forsberg is... Only he knows what he'd take greater joy in doing/accomplishing.
Then by that reasoning, it would make more sense for him to go to Toronto where he could play with his good buddy Sundin.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
  #31
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,303
vCash: 500
Damn getting Forsberg is what we need, he's always in the scoresheet when he plays, he would be very usefull!

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 05:35 PM
  #32
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,996
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
What about Huet for Forsberg?

Or if that's not enough Huet and Ryder.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:27 PM
  #33
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
The Detroit Free Press claimed today that Forsberg said he'd like to go to one of these 3 teams..

Detroit, Anaheim, Montreal.

There's a post in the Forsberg thread on the trade board.
Why Montreal?......he may just as well stay in Philly because if things dont turn around quick the Habs will be on the outside looking in at the playoffs too

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
  #34
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Forsberg might realize that his help would greatly improve the odds that the Habs get into the playoffs and become a contender.

While they're in a very bad spot, they're still a good team and they're still in a pretty good playoff position considering how tight the race is.

But we'll see. There's an awful lot of places rumoring Forsberg to Montreal as a possibility, but there was also a lot of Rivet-Samsonov for Aucoin-Smolinski talk...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
  #35
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Why Montreal?......he may just as well stay in Philly because if things dont turn around quick the Habs will be on the outside looking in at the playoffs too
I think that would kinda be the point of trading for him.. to put us in the playoffs.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
  #36
xxsciroccoxx*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
He'll go in Detroit and Anaheim way before Montreal.
Both are cup contender and we'r a non-playoff team contender...
we're a non-playoff team contender??? lol they win a couple games everyone starts preparing the Stanley Cup parade on Ste-Catherine's, they lose a few and their out of playoff contention?
That's why so many players dont want to come here cuz fan's like you are fakes that only like the team when their doing well!

xxsciroccoxx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
  #37
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Dreger: Flyers look West in Forsberg deal

Darren Dreger

2/9/2007 6:38:12 PM

The Peter Forsberg Sweepstakes have begun in earnest, less than three weeks before the February 27 trade deadline.

Sources tell TSN that Flyer GM Paul Holmgren is contacting teams he believes Forsberg - who has a no-trade clause - would consent to play for if traded.

That group of teams numbers no more than 5 or 6 and appears to be entirely Western Conference based.

Sources say Vancouver, Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville and Detroit are thought to be acceptable trade destinations and Holmgren has been busy contacting those teams to see what the potential return would be.

Initial reactions are that the Flyers' asking price is high for a rental player who has had many injury issues. It's said the Flyers are asking for a top young player plus a high draft pick, likely a second rounder, in exchange for Forsberg, who is an unrestricted free agent at season's end.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
  #38
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
I don't see him coming here. It seems even when we do offer up a nice deal, no one trades with us. We could offer them Halak, Ryder, Grabovski, 1st and 2nd rounder and they'd probably trade Foppa to Detroit for a 2nd rounder and Niklas Kronwall or some other bull like to Anaheim for Corey Perry and George Parros. Typical of our luck is all I'm saying.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:18 PM
  #39
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Dreger: Flyers look West in Forsberg deal

Darren Dreger

2/9/2007 6:38:12 PM

The Peter Forsberg Sweepstakes have begun in earnest, less than three weeks before the February 27 trade deadline.

Sources tell TSN that Flyer GM Paul Holmgren is contacting teams he believes Forsberg - who has a no-trade clause - would consent to play for if traded.

That group of teams numbers no more than 5 or 6 and appears to be entirely Western Conference based.

Sources say Vancouver, Anaheim, San Jose, Nashville and Detroit are thought to be acceptable trade destinations and Holmgren has been busy contacting those teams to see what the potential return would be.

Initial reactions are that the Flyers' asking price is high for a rental player who has had many injury issues. It's said the Flyers are asking for a top young player plus a high draft pick, likely a second rounder, in exchange for Forsberg, who is an unrestricted free agent at season's end.
Do we even have anyone outside of Price that people consider a top young player? Would they accept Kostitsyn or Ryan White or Ben Maxwell or Higgins or Fischer? Who, damnit!?

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:19 PM
  #40
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,365
vCash: 500
Tough rivals for the Forsburg lottery but... didn't Peter himself say he'd like to play in Canada again? Maybe we do have the edge... dispite Detroit and Anaheim having better assests to move.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
  #41
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Do we even have anyone outside of Price that people consider a top young player? Would they accept Kostitsyn or Ryan White or Ben Maxwell or Higgins or Fischer? Who, damnit!?
are you ****ing crazy?

You'd trade Higgins for a rental?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
  #42
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Tough rivals for the Forsburg lottery but... didn't Peter himself say he'd like to play in Canada again? Maybe we do have the edge... dispite Detroit and Anaheim having better assests to move.
We're in as good a position as anyone in Canada based on our youngsters. Edmonton has a chance too but I can't see them willing to give up the star prospects they do happen to have (Cogliano, Schremp are big no-nos). Vancouver is rumoured but they're even thinner than Edmonton's ranks of youngsters and so is Toronto who actually has assets to trade for something but not get something

You see, no one would give Foppa for a big contract like Mats, Tucker's a UFA and the Leafs need all the prospects and young blood-in their world, that's guys under 27-they can muster so do you see Ferguson giving away Kaberle, Steen, Stajan, Ponikarovsky Pohl, Wellwood? Almost all are not wise to give away if you ask me). Ottawa does have some real assets to give too but a lot of theirs are already key members of the team (Vermette, Volchenkov, Eaves, Kelly) and they've been burned by deadline trades before.

Calgary does not really have the assets to trade unless they want to give up any future they have (meaning people like Boyd, Taratukin, Lombardi, Irving, Dion obviously). We have lots of good prospects and young guys but it comes down to who we're willing to deal and who the Flyers really want. If they say the dealbreaker comes down to any of Lats, Higgins, Markov, Komisarek, Fischer, Price (tee hee, Fisher-Price) or our two WHL studs, I say no. The rest of the young'uns, I'm willing to deal if we can have a real shot at something.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:34 PM
  #43
Hab-a-maniac
Registered User
 
Hab-a-maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto via Calgary!
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
are you ****ing crazy?

You'd trade Higgins for a rental?
No no no. I was just asking who do they mean by top young player? Do they consider the names I mentioned to be fitting of the bill. If you'll notice my last post, I staked out who I don't want to see get dealt for a rental no matter how good he is.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
  #44
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
No no no. I was just asking who do they mean by top young player? Do they consider the names I mentioned to be fitting of the bill. If you'll notice my last post, I staked out who I don't want to see get dealt for a rental no matter how good he is.
ah ok. sorry

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
  #45
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Forsberg might realize that his help would greatly improve the odds that the Habs get into the playoffs and become a contender.

While they're in a very bad spot, they're still a good team and they're still in a pretty good playoff position considering how tight the race is.
They had 21 wins two months ago....since then they are 8-13-1....that is not a record of a good team.......One player IMO isnt going to make that much of a difference....so they lose 4-2, 4-3 it still goes down as a loss......

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
  #46
flyboys328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
i think the habs have the best chance of grabing Peter because he said he has a desire to play for a canadian hockey team and the canadiens seem to be the most feasible. I dont know if he is going to re-sign with you guys but for now if Peter the great goes to the habs, Kovalev's numbers would dramatically increase, especially on the powerplay. I think the player coveted by the flyers would be higgins(isnt gonna happen) but maybe a russian package of perezoghin, grabovsky, 3rd rounder would or maybe carey price and a 1/2 rounder whatever holmgren can pry from Gainey who wants to win now. if either of those packages are offered i think the flyers jump on it but i couldnt tell you whats gonna happen the flyers do crazy **** sometimes......he wont go to Detroit, Peter is far to loyal to Colorado fans to do that, it doesnt matter if they have half of Stockholm on there team.

flyboys328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:34 PM
  #47
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys328 View Post
i think the habs have the best chance of grabing Peter because he said he has a desire to play for a canadian hockey team and the canadiens seem to be the most feasible. I dont know if he is going to re-sign with you guys but for now if Peter the great goes to the habs, Kovalev's numbers would dramatically increase, especially on the powerplay. I think the player coveted by the flyers would be higgins(isnt gonna happen) but maybe a russian package of perezoghin, grabovsky, 3rd rounder would or maybe carey price and a 1/2 rounder whatever holmgren can pry from Gainey who wants to win now. if either of those packages are offered i think the flyers jump on it but i couldnt tell you whats gonna happen the flyers do crazy **** sometimes......he wont go to Detroit, Peter is far to loyal to Colorado fans to do that, it doesnt matter if they have half of Stockholm on there team.
i can guarantee you that montreal's not trading Price... and i'd be surprised if they del Grabovsky...

gainey has already said he's not giving away top prospects

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:35 PM
  #48
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
They had 21 wins two months ago....since then they are 8-13-1....that is not a record of a good team.......One player IMO isnt going to make that much of a difference....so they lose 4-2, 4-3 it still goes down as a loss......
Peter Forsberg. We're talking about Peter Forsberg. If a single player can make a difference on a team, it's Peter Forsberg.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:36 PM
  #49
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Peter Forsberg. We're talking about Peter Forsberg. If a single player can make a difference on a team, it's Peter Forsberg.
we're talking about Peter Forsberg with a bum foot...

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:37 PM
  #50
flyboys328
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
i can guarantee you that montreal's not trading Price... and i'd be surprised if they del Grabovsky...

gainey has already said he's not giving away top prospects
then you prolly wont get Forsberg, the guy is playing lights out the last 2 weeks, plus i dont really know your system that well but i know grabovsky is gonna be a stud and i would expect Homer to ask for him over a defenseman like Streit......ALSO no one in the NHL right now turns his game up like Peter Forsberg when it comes to the playoffs, he singlehandedly beat the sabres twice last year

flyboys328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.