HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Old
02-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Habitant#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
we're talking about Peter Forsberg with a bum foot...
He's been using a new skate lately, and I hear he's had 2 3-point games with it. Sounds like he's back to me...

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
They had 21 wins two months ago....since then they are 8-13-1....that is not a record of a good team.......One player IMO isnt going to make that much of a difference....so they lose 4-2, 4-3 it still goes down as a loss......
We're talking about Peter Forsberg. He's not any ordinary player. And just because we lost a game 4-1 doesn't mean we would have lost 4-2 or 4-3 with Forsberg in the lineup. Maybe we get the first goal of the game and force the other team to open it up allowing the habs to score more. The game would be much different. Give your head a shake.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:54 PM
HULKOVALEV*

i agree, to land forsberg here we'll have to overpay for basically a rental. Philly is in an excellent spot right now. they know they aren't going to make the playoffs and no one can force them to trade forsberg, either they get what they want or he stays in philly. I'm afraid montreal will have to overpay if we wish to get him.

HULKOVALEV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

I'd love Forsberg but I'm just ****ing scared that Bob will give an arm and I leg to get him.

I just pray to god guys like Higgins, Price, and Markov aren't dealt.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
We're talking about Peter Forsberg. He's not any ordinary player. And just because we lost a game 4-1 doesn't mean we would have lost 4-2 or 4-3 with Forsberg in the lineup. Maybe we get the first goal of the game and force the other team to open it up allowing the habs to score more. The game would be much different. Give your head a shake.
Yes! Thank you! Not to mention the rest of the team would probably instantly get some confidence with him in the line up.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:04 PM
dodecapod*

New Forsberg rumour. He's looking for an extension with Philadelphia.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
Source?

People better get used to the fact that if we're getting Forsberg (huge IF), we're giving up one or more of Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovski or Price. No two ways about it.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

gm's like this are always in a great position come the trade deadline.

They'll most likely unload Forsberg (who they might not even re-sign in the summer)to a team looking for a playoff rental and they'll get a very good player or some very good prospects plus picks...

I mean, gm's in this position are basically making their team a whole lot better by letting other teams borrow a player for a few months.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
gm's like this are always in a great position come the trade deadline.

They'll most likely unload Forsberg (who they might not even re-sign in the summer)to a team looking for a playoff rental and they'll get a very good player or some very good prospects plus picks...

I mean, gm's in this position are basically making their team a whole lot better by letting other teams borrow a player for a few months.
I think any Flyers fan would trade that "great position" for at least a shot at a playoff spot (or at least not such an embarassing year as they one they had this year) in a split second.

Old
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Source?

People better get used to the fact that if we're getting Forsberg (huge IF), we're giving up one or more of Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovski or Price. No two ways about it.
Maybe they'll want Milroy, Danis and a 1st rounder?

We have to remember...we/other team won't have Forsberg for a long period of time (2 month rental).

Last year...Roloson fetched a 1st rounder...
Forsberg will/should fetch a 1st and one or two decent or good prospects...
The fact that Forsberg may still be injured can lower his value (I hope so if we're going to get him!).

BTW, how did everyone get FOPPA? (where did that nickname come from...just curious!!).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:17 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
That's what they've been saying all along, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened. I'd think Philly was crazy not to get something for him and resign him next year, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Maybe they'll want Milroy, Danis and a 1st rounder?

We have to remember...we/other team won't have Forsberg for a long period of time (2 month rental).

Last year...Roloson fetched a 1st rounder...
Forsberg will/should fetch a 1st and one or two decent or good prospects...
The fact that Forsberg may still be injured can lower his value (I hope so if we're going to get him!).

BTW, how did everyone get FOPPA? (where did that nickname come from...just curious!!).
Roloson last year was not supposed to be the Stanley Cup goaltender he practically became. He was (and always has been) good but no one ever could've predicted that he'd carry the Oilers that far. Forsberg, on the other hand, is practically a sure thing, not to win the Stanley Cup or anything but to be a huge impact player. He should fetch a fair bit more than Roloson did, although I don't remember if Roloson was UFA last year or not.

All I know about Foppa is that it's a Swedish nickname (duh)...

Old
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Roloson last year was not supposed to be the Stanley Cup goaltender he practically became. He was (and always has been) good but no one ever could've predicted that he'd carry the Oilers that far. Forsberg, on the other hand, is practically a sure thing, not to win the Stanley Cup or anything but to be a huge impact player. He should fetch a fair bit more than Roloson did, although I don't remember if Roloson was UFA last year or not.

All I know about Foppa is that it's a Swedish nickname (duh)...
Thanks for the FOPPA explanation...

And, that's what I was saying...that Forsberg would get more than Roloson.
1st rounder + more...

Anyone else want to give it a crack? What does FOPPA mean? (thanks in advance!).

Old
02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
I just re-read my post and realized I sounded like a total jerk with that last line, all I meant was that it's obvious it was Swedish (since Forsberg's Swedish) but that I had no clue beyond that so hopefully somebody who's either Swedish or knows the Foppa backstory can help you out a bit more

Old
02-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Ford Prefect

ASSUME we are able to obtain Forsberg...

Assuming that we are able to offer up a package that lands Forsberg, AND assuming that the stories of him getting a skate that makes his foot problems a non-issue, what are the odds that Montreal would be able to re-sign him to a long term deal? I wouldn't mind giving up at least Grabovski/Kostitsyn and a first rounder if there were at least a realistic possibility of him staying long term. If he has been vocal about returning to Philly in the offseason and is just agreeing to waive the NTC to allow them to acquire more assets, I don't think I'd want to offer much for him.

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
le_sean

He seems to like it in Philly, although the team is going nowhere. I assume he will go back.

I'd take him if he would take an incentive-filled contract. The guy is just an injury waiting to happen, which is sad, he is one hell of a talent. If he played 82 games he'd win the Art Ross.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Shabutie

Forsberg is worth 5m+, we will already have trouble re-signing Souray and Markov. So...there isn't much opportunity there unless we magically trade Kovalev and Samsonov or Ryder.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't think he'd stay.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:21 PM
deandebean

If the article is factual, the good news is not that he should be coming, it's the fact that an all-star player wants to come here and contribute.

That's a good sign of things to come when this team's potential comes to fruition in about 1 season or 2.

Different tune than the one sung a couple of years ago, when the only UFA that wanted to come here were Juneau and Perreault.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:30 PM
dodecapod*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That's what they've been saying all along, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened. I'd think Philly was crazy not to get something for him and resign him next year, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I know they've been saying that all along, I want to put an end to these Forsberg trade rumours. Even after the press conference when he and Holmgren supposedly discussed waiving his no trade clause Foppa flipped on the media for lying about it's actual purpose: His ankle and his intention to get healthy in Philadelphia. I think all the Forsberg trade rumours are just fan induced media speculation.

I think Holmgren may just be testing his market value or trying to throw the media off with his comments. Either that or he's an idiot. Philly fans would pick the latter I'm sure.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Cariboux

We have so many great prospects that I don't care if Gainey offer 2 of them. They'll end up being in the AHL for 5 years since we don't have any places in our line up...

Cariboux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:54 PM
deandebean

Montreal is oozing with prospects. We have so many that some have to rot in Hamilton. And imagine the gang that is coming next season. It's even more promising. So Gainey knows he's poised to trade a couple of them for some real meat. Montreal has not been in that position in a long time.

While our main prospects shouldn't be touched, there's no problem in trading our junior ones or even a Kots. Perezhogin, I'd do tomorrow.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
I just re-read my post and realized I sounded like a total jerk with that last line, all I meant was that it's obvious it was Swedish (since Forsberg's Swedish) but that I had no clue beyond that so hopefully somebody who's either Swedish or knows the Foppa backstory can help you out a bit more
No don't worry

I know you're one of the faithful Hab fan regulars around here!! (like me maybe!).

I'd probably have to start a thread about the meaning of FOPPA!! :
"What does FOPPA mean?!!" (swedish nickname? meaning what?).

Anyways...it's definitely no biggie!!

Maybe if we get Forsberg, I'll finally know the meaning of Foppa!! (but I won't lose any sleep over this!!).

Go Habs Go!! (of course, I really hope they get a victory vs the Sens on Saturday night, or else...gulp!! ).

Old
02-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
No don't worry

I know you're one of the faithful Hab fan regulars around here!! (like me maybe!).

I'd probably have to start a thread about the meaning of FOPPA!! :
"What does FOPPA mean?!!" (swedish nickname? meaning what?).

Anyways...it's definitely no biggie!!

Maybe if we get Forsberg, I'll finally know the meaning of Foppa!! (but I won't lose any sleep over this!!).

Go Habs Go!! (of course, I really hope they get a victory vs the Sens on Saturday night, or else...gulp!! ).
Here's the link that I got this from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Forsberg

Forsberg is (like many other Forsbergs) well-known in Sweden by the nickname "Foppa", which contrary to popular belief does not have any definite meaning like "puck wizard", but is just a Swedish hypocoristic of his last name.

02-10-2007, 01:51 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Montreal is oozing with prospects. We have so many that some have to rot in Hamilton. And imagine the gang that is coming next season. It's even more promising. So Gainey knows he's poised to trade a couple of them for some real meat. Montreal has not been in that position in a long time.

While our main prospects shouldn't be touched, there's no problem in trading our junior ones or even a Kots. Perezhogin, I'd do tomorrow.
I definitely don't want Gainey to move CAREY PRICE.
Price just might be our future for the next 10 years or more...(+ the goalie is the most important position). Also, I love the fact that Price can be a 3rd defenseman (great puckhandler), and he has great size/height/poise/style...

If A. Kosts leaves, I'll feel bad for Sergei and Grabovski, but I guess that's life/business in the NHL...

Gainey might try to offer Danis, Milroy...?

I really do want to keep Chipchura (should be more of a leader version, and also a more gritty version of Bonk...), but Philly might be after him? (imagine the character: Carter, M.Richards, Knuble, and then...Chips!!).