HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doan Rumor - (E3-4) 1st Calgary, 2nd Montreal

Old
02-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Oh, you're suggesting of replacing Perezhogin and his 8 minutes on the fourth by Doan?

or maybe the yotes are interested on a 1 on 1 deal Samy vs Doan...???

we already have to many wingers, Doan with his 3,3M$ is not even close to what we need right now. This rumor is plain stupid.
For a Perez fanboy you don't know much about him... Perez has an average of 12 mins per game this season.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Shane Doan is exactly what we need: a scoring winger with heart, size, a mean steak and hands.

Everyone would love a Doan, especially Bob Gainey.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
For a Perez fanboy you don't know much about him... Perez has an average of 12 mins per game this season.
he's played less than 9 minutes in 4 of his last 8 games.. and wow, 12 minutes...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Whoaaaahhh! Slow down maestro, I've been watching the habs pretty hardcore the last ten years, and I can tell you, hockey players like that don't exist. Good one though!
Shane Doan is. He's the type of player that Bob Gainey would have a hard-on for. He's exactly Carbo and Muller's type of player that they want to bring to Montreal.

Shane Doan would be the captain here if Houle wouldn't have slept on the switch and let Winnipeg draft him one spot in front of them.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
deandebean

Then again, I doubt he's available. It's another internet rumor.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
he's played less than 9 minutes in 4 of his last 8 games.. and wow, 12 minutes...
12 minutes is pretty common for a 3rd liner. Why does he deserve to be playing more if he's not even scoring at the same pace as Jan Bulis was last year?

Old
02-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
12 minutes is pretty common for a 3rd liner. Why does he deserve to be playing more if he's not even scoring at the same pace as Jan Bulis was last year?
Jan played PP.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:13 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Shane Doan is. He's the type of player that Bob Gainey would have a hard-on for. He's exactly Carbo and Muller's type of player that they want to bring to Montreal.

Shane Doan would be the captain here if Houle wouldn't have slept on the switch and let Winnipeg draft him one spot in front of them.
I was being sarcastic, sooooo.......

Ah yes, I remember that draft well, the Habs assumed they were taking Doan, no problem, uh.. what, Winnipeg took him, ****, um....o.k.......uh........Terry Ryan.

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Jan played PP.
An average of 1.6 mins of PP/Game. Perez currently has an average of .6 mins of PP/Game.

Jan had an average of .55 PPG
Perez has an average of .27 PPG

Double the points with 1 PP minute extra per game. Both aren't very offensive players as we're coming to learn.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
An average of 1.6 mins of PP/Game. Perez currently has an average of .6 mins of PP/Game.

Jan had an average of .55 PPG
Perez has an average of .27 PPG

Double the points with 1 PP minute extra per game. Both aren't very offensive players as we're coming to learn.
The difference is that Zhogy gets his PP minutes by playing the last 12 seconds of it...

so it's pretty much : 0 PP minutes plus the 12, 23 seconds he gathered thrugh the season.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
The difference is that Zhogy gets his PP minutes by playing the last 12 seconds of it...

so it's pretty much : 0 PP minutes plus the 12, 23 seconds he gathered thrugh the season.
Either way...Say that Zhogin was getting the same PP time and upped his average to .55 PPG, it still doesn't warrant him getting more than 12 mins per game of ice time. The guy still hasn't adapted to the NA game. His goal vs Toronto earlier in the season, shows us what he CAN do... His day to day games show us differently though.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Either way...Say that Zhogin was getting the same PP time and upped his average to .55 PPG, it still doesn't warrant him getting more than 12 mins per game of ice time. The guy still hasn't adapted to the NA game. His goal vs Toronto earlier in the season, shows us what he CAN do... His day to day games show us differently though.
Never thought Zhogy would be a 35 goal scorer.. I still like him over -19 Ryder on the first line. You don't... sink with the ship.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Never thought Zhogy would be a 35 goal scorer.. I still like him over -19 Ryder on the first line. You don't... sink with the ship.
I never said that. In fact I prefer Zhogin over Latendresse or Ryder on the 1st/2nd line. I think Zhogin is best suited with Plekanec, which hasn't been tried but for 2 games this season. He just hasn't deserved the spot yet...and as bad as Ryder and Lats have been, they're still semi-producing...which is why Carbo still has a hard on for both of them.

Old
02-10-2007, 01:47 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Don't feel like you have to believe everything Carbonneau's saying... it's a lame excuse for not using him...

the guy started on the 4th against the Sens last game, was promoted to 2nd line duties in the 3rd... but will be scratched Saturday against the same Sens...

adapting, come on, it's his third year in North America... be serious...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Habruti!

I Think a big body upfront would bring quite a lot of energy to this lienup. Finaly Carbo seems like he decided to put both Kovalev and Higgins with Koivu which is a good thing but that still does not fix the second line. Plekanek is doing just fine at center but he needs wingers, I believe guys like Doan/Guerin/Bertuzzi/Tkachuck would bring quite a lot to this team. I think that Ryder has been a problem on the top two lines, I would not part with him for nothing but I would be able to sacrifice him for an experience guy. Latendresse/Samsonov/Perezhogin can fill his spot rith now.

Higgins, Koivu, Kovalev
Perez/Latendresse, Pleks, Doan
Sammy, Bonk, Johnson
Begin, Lapierre, Latendress/Perez
Looks like a good lineup to me....

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
dodecapod*

What is with everyone's obsession with Perezhogin? He's a marginal prospect with 3rd/4th line potential. He's more expendable than ryder.

dodecapod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
What is with everyone's obsession with Perezhogin? He's a marginal prospect with 3rd/4th line potential. He's more expendable than ryder.

I have him in my Keeper league pool, so I want him to kick some ass

02-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
FOR THE LAST TIME. NO IT DOESN'T.

My god. I swear sometimes...

Anyways. Doan brings a hell of a lot more to the table than offense. Anybody who watches him should know that. He is, by far and away, one of the best "playoff" guys available this deadline.

Barnett will be asking for Carey Price. I guarantee it. Whether or not he gets him, is another story. But the Coyotes are not in a position where they have to deal Doan anyways. He has expressed extreme willingness to stay.
Yes, it does affect his trade value. And if the yotes try to trade him assuming that GMs will pay just as much for him as if he still had one or two more years in his deal, then he's not going anywhere.

The teams that are interested in doan at this point are the teams that will be very hesitant to give anyone off their roster so you're looking at prospects and picks. These teams that are only thinking about doan for the short term. They will pay accordingly.

Now, if a team is looking at doan long term, then they must have insurance that doan will be around for a while.... and this is clearly not the case here. But if doan did have a couple years left on his deal, then teams would obviously offer up more to get him. You'll get more than just picks or prospect(s).

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
I think some people can see beyond the stats and see his potential. He's a rookie almost, he needs time to find his game and confidence.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Who's number one ?
Forsberg ?
that's what I thought

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
wedge

Quote:
FOR THE LAST TIME. NO IT DOESN'T.

My god. I swear sometimes...

Anyways. Doan brings a hell of a lot more to the table than offense. Anybody who watches him should know that. He is, by far and away, one of the best "playoff" guys available this deadline.

Barnett will be asking for Carey Price. I guarantee it. Whether or not he gets him, is another story. But the Coyotes are not in a position where they have to deal Doan anyways. He has expressed extreme willingness to stay.
funny to hear that as Doan as a big 12 points in 32 playoffs games... but I agree that I would trust Doan more in the playoffs than Ryder

Old
02-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Danis is a bust this year in Hamilton,
I get what you were trying to say in your post about the other goalies, but frankly that's going a bit overboard for Danis. He has pretty much been matching Halak for a good long while now, and I think he's more NHL-ready than Halak is. Anyway, he's certainly not a "bust". He might become victim of a numbers game, if not sooner, then almost assuredly later, but that's a lot different than bustdom.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:08 AM
wedge

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ade/index.html

With Huet and Danis, Price is more expendable than you think. Read the article and humor me. I didn't say Gainey was going to give that up, merely Barnett wants Price. If Gainey really thought Doan would put him over the top, he should do it.

Who Dares Wins
Danis???? Maybe Halak, but not Danis...

Old
02-10-2007, 09:29 AM
MTL-rules

Doan isn't what the habs need, a great scoring forward, a star. Look at his stats, leadership's great but we need someone to put the puck in the net, who's got pure offensive talent not another "would be 60 points scorer"... (Come on, this is a guy who isn't even better than Yannick Perreault offensively this year!!!)

No way in hell, should Gainey give a top prospect or even a first for him, unlike a guy like Forsberg, he can't carry this team on his back, never did and never will.

As much as the team is struggling right now, I still wouldn't want a trade that would send our great young players if we don't get in return what this team really need: An offensive star. I prefer waiting for the right moment instead of rushing things up...(but Gainey will have to get a star sometime if this team wants to get to another level, that's a fact.)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
This is an Eklund rumor of a E3-E4 scale to Calgary and Montreal as a 2nd option.

Take it for what it is worth, just thought I would throw it out there for people to make mock proposals for.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5353

Looks like there is another thread started here at the same time, sorry boys and girls.
Why Doan ? Expensive, over-the-hill... Just another Trevor Linden.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote