HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT February 9: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning, 7:00p MSG

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
  #576
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I'd bench Orr in favor of Dupuis. Let's be honest...he scored a goal tonight but he won't be effective on a nightly basis. Taking him out of the lineup and adding Dupuis would be the right thing to do.

And I think Lundqvist should get the start in Washington AND Carolina. Both are big games, we should have our starter in. Carolina's game is huge so I'd definitely want Lundqvist in. It'd be nice to catch up to TB but let's remember, Carolina is a big target too. We've got two games in hand on them AND we face them two more times this season. We can close the gap on them by winning both games against them and the two games in hand.

A solid, complete effort by the Rangers tonight. They need to come out firing tomorrow night and get on the board quickly. Play with a sense of urgency is a good thing for this team right now.
no way keep Orr in there, Brashear will have to fight Shanny again. Id rather Orr sit for 5 than Shanny in the box, at least Shanny has to heart to do it which I to him. I wish all of our players would fight instead of getting pushed around.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:54 PM
  #577
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
no way keep Orr in there, Brashear will have to fight Shanny again. Id rather Orr sit for 5 than Shanny in the box, at least Shanny has to heart to do it which I to him. I wish all of our players would fight instead of getting pushed around.
I'm positive that Dupuis will be more effective than Orr out there. Dupuis should add some nice speed and maybe a little offense to our lower lines. Orr would probably just get into one fight with Brashear and that's it. He's not the type of player to make any type of impact. Dupuis could possibly bring that to the table and create some pressure on the opposition. There's no way I sit Betts or Hollweg, so Orr is really the only option.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
  #578
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I'm positive that Dupuis will be more effective than Orr out there. Dupuis should add some nice speed and maybe a little offense to our lower lines. Orr would probably just get into one fight with Brashear and that's it. He's not the type of player to make any type of impact. Dupuis could possibly bring that to the table and create some pressure on the opposition. There's no way I sit Betts or Hollweg, so Orr is really the only option.
yea i agree, but if u sit Orr, u know Brashear is gonna try to run Jagr, and Shanny or Avery will be in the box or get hurt, u never know in a fight. I dont wanna take any chance of Jagr getting run especially now since we are trying to make the playoffs.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:01 AM
  #579
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
yea i agree, but if u sit Orr, u know Brashear is gonna try to run Jagr, and Shanny or Avery will be in the box or get hurt, u never know in a fight. I dont wanna take any chance of Jagr getting run especially now since we are trying to make the playoffs.
True but Orr won't stop Brashear from making a run at anyone. The guy is a goon, he'll always find a way to go after star players.

I'm just saying that as good as that 4th line played tonight, it can be a whole lot better if you add Dupuis to it with Hollweg and Betts. The line gets faster and there's an outside chance that the line notches a goal for us. Plus, Dupuis is just a better all-around player. Hollweg can fight Brashear...he might get pummeled but he can still stick up for the team.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:08 AM
  #580
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
I'm waiting on 51tyutin51 to make the next GDT. if we play w/ this energy and drive all the time

i'm superstitious so i say go for it dude

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:25 AM
  #581
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I'd bench Orr in favor of Dupuis. Let's be honest...he scored a goal tonight but he won't be effective on a nightly basis. Taking him out of the lineup and adding Dupuis would be the right thing to do.

And I think Lundqvist should get the start in Washington AND Carolina. Both are big games, we should have our starter in. Carolina's game is huge so I'd definitely want Lundqvist in. It'd be nice to catch up to TB but let's remember, Carolina is a big target too. We've got two games in hand on them AND we face them two more times this season. We can close the gap on them by winning both games against them and the two games in hand.

A solid, complete effort by the Rangers tonight. They need to come out firing tomorrow night and get on the board quickly. Play with a sense of urgency is a good thing for this team right now.

Firstly...how do you just say that Orr should be sitting tommorrow? Seriously...the guy plays his best game as a Ranger...scores his 1st NHL goal...and his reward is a benching the following night? Aside from the fact that we are playing a team that Orr would be in against reguardless of what he did tonight (do you remember the last time these 2 teams met)...what he did tonight is just icing on the cake to assure him a job not only for tommorrow but probably for a few games considering we're playing some physical teams in Carolina and Philly.

I agree with what you said about Henrik. Weekes next start should be next sunday vs Chicago

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:26 AM
  #582
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I'm positive that Dupuis will be more effective than Orr out there. Dupuis should add some nice speed and maybe a little offense to our lower lines. Orr would probably just get into one fight with Brashear and that's it. He's not the type of player to make any type of impact. Dupuis could possibly bring that to the table and create some pressure on the opposition. There's no way I sit Betts or Hollweg, so Orr is really the only option.
Amazing...some of you really are. First thing I said before I started discussing with my friend earlier was...."I praise Hossa when he does well." Amazing though...how for some of you...reguardless of what they do...the hatred will never end

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:28 AM
  #583
True Blue Bleed Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
True but Orr won't stop Brashear from making a run at anyone. The guy is a goon, he'll always find a way to go after star players.

I'm just saying that as good as that 4th line played tonight, it can be a whole lot better if you add Dupuis to it with Hollweg and Betts. The line gets faster and there's an outside chance that the line notches a goal for us. Plus, Dupuis is just a better all-around player. Hollweg can fight Brashear...he might get pummeled but he can still stick up for the team.
??? The line had 2 goals tonight. Two of the players on the line were 2 of the 3 stars. The line had 2 fighting majors. The line had over 10 hits. What else do you really want? Your playing a physical opponent and you threw your best, most physical lineup last night and came away with a 5-0 win. The last time these 2 teams played it was war. Orr proved tonight that he can be an effective enforcer. Don't break up a winning combo

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
  #584
Speedtrials
Registered User
 
Speedtrials's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alphabit City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Hope everything is alright Speed.


Yea, tomorrow will be very telling..if we can play tomorrow night like we played tonight..then it might me a sneak peak of the rest of the season and a hopeful shot of the playoffs.
Thank you very much, I really do appreciate your wishes. I know there have been years where we thought this team could make a late playoff run, only to see them fail horriblily. However, I really think this team can make that run, and I think Jagr, Lundqvist, and Shanahan are out to prove something. While, I am not sure we have the pieces in place to make a cup run, this team should be at least be in the playoffs. Again LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:59 AM
  #585
Block More Shots
Registered User
 
Block More Shots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Amazing...some of you really are. First thing I said before I started discussing with my friend earlier was...."I praise Hossa when he does well." Amazing though...how for some of you...reguardless of what they do...the hatred will never end
I don't hate Orr. I give him credit for having a good game tonight but that doesn't mean he should be in the lineup every game. And let's be honest, he doesn't have many "stand-out" games so I'm not exactly quick to keep him in the lineup.

Dupuis should get his shot. And seriously, who do you scratch from the current lineup if you don't wanna scratch Orr? If you scratch Betts, you need to move Orr or Hollweg to center cause Dupuis is a winger. Hollweg has been playing well so no way I scratch him over Orr.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:13 AM
  #586
NYRMatt
Registered User
 
NYRMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 1275
I think Jagr, Straka and Avery should be healthy scratches tommorow. Now if I said that I would be dead.

I told you all that Malik is a very important part to our team. I told you all! He plays the puck calmly and takes his time.

Hope we play this effective tommorow.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:31 AM
  #587
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,435
vCash: 500
Well congrats to Colton for his first goal. A nice one too. I won't be able to use that against him anymore. He should take Fedor out to dinner for setting him up. Also congrats to Ryan for his first goal this year and Avery for his first as a Ranger. First chance I've had to see Sean and I really liked the way he played. He's got speed and uses it and is always involved. Also congrats to Henrik for the win and the shutout. As to who plays against Washington we'll have to see but we shouldn't let it be determined by the Caps dressing one of their worst players.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:50 AM
  #588
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHandsMalik View Post
I hope someone YouTubes the Colton Orr victory lap.
Agreed. Someone has to post this Victory Lap.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:11 AM
  #589
2Leetch_94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Awesome game. Great to see Lundqvist get a shutout.

Lundqvist stats since November: 34 GP, 33 GS, 17-13-3 2.39 GAA 0.927 SV% 2 SHO

Lundqvist stats in October: 10 GP, 10 GS, 5-5-0 3.57 GAA .878 SV% 0 SHO

Lundqvist since January: 15 GP, 14 GS, 7-7-1 2.07 GAA .922 SV% 1 SHO

So, while Lundqvist hasn't been as good as last year, has allowed a lot of weak goals, etc...he's since been putting up more than respectable numbers since his rough start in October.

Anyways, I love what I've seen of Avery so far, be it only two games. And though I'm not the biggest Hossa fan around, no denying he's been playing very well this year. He's been solid.

I refuse to get my hopes up though, this team needs to do this with consistency. For all we know, they'll throw out a complete stinker tomorrow night against Washington. It's a damn shame, too, because they are capable of being a good team. Just wish they'd show it more often.

2Leetch_94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:06 AM
  #590
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I just saw the video of the Hollweg "knee"....c'on guys who were talking about a suspension. Campbell is going to laugh at the fact he was given a major to begin with.

He is not getting any sort of suspension..even if he is Ryan Hollweg.
I absolutely agree. The Tampa player lost the puck 1.5 sec before the hit. Hollweg first kind of turned for the puck, then saw that he couldn't get it, and finnished the check.

He was slightly out of balance when making the hit, and the Tampa player defenitly turned away with his upperbody.

I like that they are hard on knee to knee checks, but that might as well not even have been a 2min.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:17 AM
  #591
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
And I love Sean Avery. Jabbing from the bench is unnecessary but it still showed me what he was about as a player- sticking up for his mates. Glad to have him on the team.
I really like this trade.

Renney have commented on how the teams feels more comfortable with Orr in the lineup. With someone like Avery you maybe don't feel more comfortable, but there is something, its hard to pinpoint, but a player like Avery are just out there to stick it to the other team, in every way he can think of. He is not concerned of how it looks, or stuff like that.

This guy is bringing something to this team that we lacked before, thats for sure.

And what I also love, absolutely love, were Avery's hits on Boyle. Finally we are dooing stuff like that, for example targeting a offensive D on the other team.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 06:14 AM
  #592
Ranger35
Proud of NYR
 
Ranger35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: Israel
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
I definitely agree with you on Avery, Ola, as I wasn't around to post at the time of the trade, I'm not sure if anyone said it before, but I see Avery as finally getting a Barnaby replacement on this team. We really lacked that kind of presence on the ice.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:33 AM
  #593
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
A few Quotes from last nights game:

Jagr on passing to Hollweg:
Quote:
"You have to think like the goalie," Jagr cracked. "He sees 611 goals and no goals. No way he thinks I'm passing."
Henke on Orr scoring his first goal:
Quote:
"His shot is very tricky - he scores on me a lot in practice," Lundqvist said, grinning. "I don't know if he knows where it's going."
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-418305c.html

Jagr again on the pass to Hollweg:
Quote:
"It was a 2-on-0, and it would have been selfish if I didn’t pass the puck," said Jagr of setting up the Hollweg goal. "It is good for everybody. I would have compared it to when a big fat guy scores a touchdown in football. Everyone loves it. I want to see it, too. I want to see a big guy dancing."
Hollweg on the pass:
Quote:
"The kind of guy Jaromir is and the reason he is the captain, having no points, I knew he was going to give it to me," said Hollweg. "I was ready for it and there was never a doubt he was going to pass it to me."
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/gameti...ap.asp?id=2666


Lundqvist on the teams play:
Quote:
"Colton takes a big hit and then scores, that's the start we needed," said Henrik Lundqvist, who made 29 saves for his second shutout of the season. "Right now, the score is not the most important thing for us. We need the points. No matter how we play, no matter how we do it, we have to get the points.

"This was hopefully the start of something good."
Avery on what he brings to the team:
Quote:
"I think teams just get in a little bit of a funk and it's tough to get out of it," said Avery, who had four shots for the second consecutive game and a plus-2 rating. "Sometimes trades bring a new element into a locker room and add a little bit of energy. I don't think it matters who the player is. Those guys played pretty good out there tonight and I don't think I had much to do with it."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...-rangers-print


I hope i'm not breaking any rules, but I figured most of us on here try to read everything on the team we can, so i'm trying to help out

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:18 AM
  #594
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
Orr will play tomorrow...

and he will fight Brashear on the first shift to get it out of the way, and we may not see much more of him afterwards. This is the first time these teams have played since the incident at the Garden.

One note on last night...hopefully they use last night's game as a spingboard, but I would note that a couple of those goals probably should've been stopped and in the end, this team was outshot by TB, although it may not have looked like it. Great game to watch as a Rangers fan, but what happens the next couple games will be key. One other note, the distribution of ice time was excellent last night. Having the lead may've been the sole reason for that, but there have been times that Renney would still find 20 minutes for Jagr, whereby last night was less than 18. Great job in that department, especially considering there's a game tonight.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:28 AM
  #595
Taz
Registered User
 
Taz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Letchworth
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,235
vCash: 500
wow, Orr scores, Betts gets an Assist, Hollweg scores?!!? what Happened!

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:02 AM
  #596
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
seriously, i was flying all day yesterday....is it april 1st?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
  #597
nickrOck
Registered User
 
nickrOck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Funny how the Rangers lost the games he missed while on IR. Then he comes back and the Rangers win.

I am not sayin nuthin. I am just sayin.
listen all i'm saying is a certain player wearing # 46 is quietly playing great back there making smart simple plays.. on the other hand the bumbling ogar known as malik makes the simplest of plays into rocket science.. let alone he NEVER shoots the freaking puck when he recieves a pass driving to the net he always waits too long and looses the puck or makes a silly pass..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
  #598
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
listen all i'm saying is a certain player wearing # 46 is quietly playing great back there making smart simple plays.. on the other hand the bumbling ogar known as malik makes the simplest of plays into rocket science.. let alone he NEVER shoots the freaking puck when he recieves a pass driving to the net he always waits too long and looses the puck or makes a silly pass..
But he was able to draw a penalty

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
  #599
nickrOck
Registered User
 
nickrOck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
But he was able to draw a penalty
yeah i think that was the best thing he's done in the last 30 games.. lol

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
  #600
Diehardfan419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and he will fight Brashear on the first shift to get it out of the way, and we may not see much more of him afterwards. This is the first time these teams have played since the incident at the Garden.

One note on last night...hopefully they use last night's game as a spingboard, but I would note that a couple of those goals probably should've been stopped and in the end, this team was outshot by TB, although it may not have looked like it. Great game to watch as a Rangers fan, but what happens the next couple games will be key. One other note, the distribution of ice time was excellent last night. Having the lead may've been the sole reason for that, but there have been times that Renney would still find 20 minutes for Jagr, whereby last night was less than 18. Great job in that department, especially considering there's a game tonight.

Hey, Orr played almost 9 minutes last night and aside from playing a very effective game for his role, the guy showed he is responsible defensivley. If anyone sists, its gonna be Prucha, I have a feeling. Not that I want that. Anyway, after last nights domination, I hope we just scratch Dupiuis vs Wash. That 4th line (Hollweg-Betts-Orr) deserves another game.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.