HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RANGERS Trade Hall for Dupuis

Old
02-09-2007, 06:49 PM
AXN

vCash: 500
Another good player. Good penalty killer. I think he was the captain of the Wild last year. Like to see Avery Cullen Dupuis on the third line.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
That is the key.

On Hall, when the trade first happened, I remember Preds fans saying he got most of his goals on the PP. The few times I ever remember him playing on the PP for the Rangers, he looked fretty good. Had a 2 goal game, both coming with the man advantage if I recall correctly. Things might have been different had he spent more time there, for Adam and the Ranger's sad sack play with the man advantage.

I'm trying not to hold a grudge against a guy who couldn't find a role on a team where no one can find their role. I hope that curse doesn't afflict Dupuis as well.
up until he started getting scatched, he was playing steady 2nd unit PP. the fact that you can't remember him there isn't because he wasn't there, but because he wasn't doing anything.

that being said, the lack of shooting from the point wasn't helping his game much.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
IanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Another good player. Good penalty killer. I think he was the captain of the Wild last year. Like to see Avery Cullen Dupuis on the third line.
Minnesota rotates their captain every month, so almost everyone gets the C at some point in the season.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:45 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe426 View Post
Minnesota rotates their captain every month, so almost everyone gets the C at some point in the season.
Was just gonna say that.
Anyway, he's a good PK guy, something that is important, and he is more talented that Hall. Maybe he'll give us a bit of a spark. But damn, if we can play like we are tonight the Wild can just keep Dupuis haha.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Its a wonderful trade actually.

There was no need for Hall since he is just way too slow for the new NHL. We also no longer need Hall for toughness since we added Avery to Hollweg and Orr.

What Dupuis brings is not only more speed, but more skill! He did score 20 goals once and I see him having a strong impact on the 3rd and 4th lines...similar to what Avery is doing now!

Great move!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:14 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Its a wonderful trade actually.

There was no need for Hall since he is just way too slow for the new NHL. We also no longer need Hall for toughness since we added Avery to Hollweg and Orr.

What Dupuis brings is not only more speed, but more skill! He did score 20 goals once and I see him having a strong impact on the 3rd and 4th lines...similar to what Avery is doing now!

Great move!
i think avery has shown that he's not necessarily a 3rd line player. Just as Hossa has shown. So I'm interested to see where Dupuis will fit in:

- 4th line w/ Orr out. Possibly instead of Hollweg if theres a suspension

- What will Dupuis trade have on Prucha?

- Is there another trade in the mix? *cough* Cullen.
I mean we did trade Hall's 975K contract, what about Cullens what-2.9MIL (not sure there). I dont see him more than a 3rd line center now but I must say i like how Renney is FINALLY using him on the PP point

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Salz

What's with all the love for Horton? Don't you think he's a bit of a bust? Yeah, he's having his best year now, but 41 points in 56 games isn't amazing or anything. Giving up our best prospect and best professional young player for him would be really foolish. Prucha straight up for him? Maybe. Montoya as well? hell no!

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I dont know, Cullen has been playing well lately. It seems like theres been more of a jump in his game.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:18 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I love this move, Dupuis is quicker and better than Hall. But why would Sather trade for a UFA???? Maybe Sather was plan on signing him this summer??? I hope he dont bolt like Sykora. Dupuis will get intrest over the summer. He is a solid 3rd liner and PK player.
once again, whty does it matter that Dupuis is a UFA? The brass was gopng to let Hall walk anyway.

This is a deal where both parties wanted to move the players that they moved. It's a mutual dump where both teams hope that they player they aquired finds a grove with a new team. If they don't then it's a minimal risk to both teams and they will just let the player they aquired walk, as they where going to do with the player they moved.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
What's with all the love for Horton? Don't you think he's a bit of a bust? Yeah, he's having his best year now, but 41 points in 56 games isn't amazing or anything. Giving up our best prospect and best professional young player for him would be really foolish. Prucha straight up for him? Maybe. Montoya as well? hell no!
you speak like a person that hasn't seen Horton play.

Not every player becomes a top scorer imidietly, especially in the case of larger, more physical players. But it's hard to watch Horton and not see that he posses the hands, skill, and physicality to be a premier player in this league.

Just because a player isn't leading the leage in scoring at the age of 19 doesn't meen tey arn't on there way to a successful career.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

"The fact that we got a warm body for him is impressive" - from a Wild fan.

Those word some up my thoughts as well(Though his comments were toward Pascel). Hall was horrible, he brought zero to this team and had no skill.

Im shocked we got a player who might help us on the 3rd/4th line.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:54 AM
funky

As a cop I have witnessed how speed kills. Lets hope that a 3rd Line of Cullen, Avery and Dupuis is formed and let there speed go to work. They can forecheck hard and still get back to help out. All three actually have enough talent to get close to 20 goals, and there speed together will break down opposing defence. Should be fun to watch.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
eco's bones

Heard about this during the pregame and thought good. I'm not sure what Dupuis will bring but Hall did not play well for us at all. If Dupuis can skate well and be involved that's a big plus right there.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:59 AM
The Thomas J.*

So happy Hall is gone, I hated & never understood the Hall/Moore deal. It has hurt us all year.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:59 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

So with Brashear on Washington's roster and the game Orr had, he'll probably play again. Does someone sit for Dupuis? Cause the only one it could be would be Hollweg (also with the big game) or Prucha. Tough call.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 06:57 AM
gaglinefan

trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
I don't know, this just seems like a trade of one underachieving winger for another. What does Dupuis bring to the table that Hall doesn't? Any Wild fans out there with any insight?
Hall brought nothing. Anyone bringing anything is better jmho. I realize I'm leaving myself wide open here however with the exception of opening night and the "3" vs Devils night every game we attend looks like '03 with better players now. What gives??

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:41 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

With the addition of another LW, I wonder if the Rangers are willing to move Prucha in the right deal? There are some whispers that they are talking to Florida about Horton. Montoya and Prucha for Horton, with Horton sliding into 2nd line center between Avery and Shanny on the 2nd line, perhaps?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
With the addition of another LW, I wonder if the Rangers are willing to move Prucha in the right deal? There are some whispers that they are talking to Florida about Horton. Montoya and Prucha for Horton, with Horton sliding into 2nd line center between Avery and Shanny on the 2nd line, perhaps?
Thts too much going the other way. Don't get me wrong, Horton is a nice player, but that package is too much for him, and besides, I believe what Prucha did last season only scratched the surface. I'm calling this season the sophomore jinx for him. I think he deserves QUALITY time and minutes with top linemates for at least a full season!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:37 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Thts too much going the other way. Don't get me wrong, Horton is a nice player, but that package is too much for him, and besides, I believe what Prucha did last season only scratched the surface. I'm calling this season the sophomore jinx for him. I think he deserves QUALITY time and minutes with top linemates for at least a full season!
I disagree. Horton is 22 and has already just about accomplished what Prucha did last year. Horton had 28 goals last year, and is on his way to a 60 point season at age 22. He's also playing out of position at RW. He was drafted as a center. He's a surefire top line PF, and possibly, if moved back to center, he's a future #1 center. Even if if it's a slight overpayment, it's a deal the Rangers could afford to make and probably are looking to do.

Old
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Salz

Eric Staal is only a year older than Horton and already has a 100 point season.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
So does Sidney Crosby...your point is?

Old
02-10-2007, 10:56 AM
xander

Quote:
and Sidney Crosby is 3 years younger than Staal and has 36 more points than him...does this discredit what Staal is doing?

Lecavalier is having his first 100 point season right now at the age of 27.

Players mature at differant rates, and if you'd watched the two players you would have realized that Horton plas a much more physical game than Staal does, and large players playing an abrasive style tend to take longer to mature. It's no suprise that Horton has taken longer to mature than Staal, powerfowards take longer (and dont anyone make a jessiman comparison, this is an extreemly differant situation.) Staal has also played on much better teams than Horton has, a big consideration. But even if Staal is the better player (and right now most would say he is) what bearing does that have on Horton?

Old
02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
squilber

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i think this is a good trade for Adam Hall to be honest, i think hes going to find his game back in Minnesota. The kid has very high potential (i feel) but it was just not working here. I think its a lateral move, but i think long term Minnesota will get the better end of this deal.
I don't. Hall is a stiff.

squilber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Shakeywalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I haven't seen all that much of Dupuis.

What Pascal got is that relentless drive that you always gotta love, and he got a decent touch around the net and sees the ice well too.
You really haven't seen all that much of Dupuis.

As far as touch around the net, Dupuis just might have the worst hands in the league. Whenever he sees a wide open net, he's almost guaranteed to fire it wide, or completely miss the puck. Either way, it rarely went in.

And toughness, hitting..... you're not getting it from Dupuis. Hope you guys have an enforcer(ala Boogarrd), because Dupuis routinely hid behind Derek when the going got a little rough. I even remember seeing a few Dupuis tears one night.

Finally, ..... 'Sees the ice well'??? Is it his 3 assists this year that lead you to that conclusion? Because this is not an attribute I've ever heard associated with Pascal.

Anyways, if you haven't already figured out, I'm a Wild fan and am very happy to see Dupuis in another uniform. good luck.

Shakeywalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Shakeywalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
Another good player. Good penalty killer. I think he was the captain of the Wild last year.
I don't think so.

Dupuis has NEVER been captain with the Wild.

Shakeywalton is offline   Reply With Quote