HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone know why Montoya wasn't suited up...

Old
02-10-2007, 07:22 AM
HAPPY HOUR

vCash: 500
Anyone know why Montoya wasn't suited up...

for last nights game??? Valiquette was in goal and Alex Westlund was the backup.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour View Post
for last nights game??? Valiquette was in goal and Alex Westlund was the backup.
I think I read somewhere that he had a slight knee sprain.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Probably traded for Bryan Smolinski.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
He yet again is not 100%.He has a knee sprain and told the team 7-10 days off. It has been about a week, I love Montoya but he seems a little JD'ish to me. Always something wrong with him

Last edited by Dagoon44: 02-10-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:50 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
He yet again is not 100%.He has a knee sprain and told the team 7-10 days off. It has been about a week, I love Montoya but he seems a little JD'ish to me. Also something wrong with him
If so he must of hurt the knee Feb 5 against Hershey.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:31 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

About Montoya actually. Now you guys are actually in a very enviable position. You have a true franchise goalie in Henrick Lundqvist right now and he is only two seasons in the league.

Then you have a highly touted goalie which you drafted 6th overall in the first round in Montoya and he is looking good as well. Not to mention a good ol' American boy like Richter.

What I am asking is about next season. Realistically now, is Montoya at that stage in his development where he could come into camp and challenge for the number one spot or is Lundqvist still very much the guy here and Montoya may get the backup job if lucky.

In Toronto we have Raycroft a good young goalie that is playing very well for us. This is the first year of a 3 year contract for him. But, we also have Justin Pogge on the Marlies who is by all accounts considered the future/franchise goalie for us. He may come in and challenge next season but it's only his first year in the AHL so it's unlikely.

What's the situation in NYR??

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
SML

Is it me or does Montoya seem a bit on the fragile side? He always seems to be out for some reason or another.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:44 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Is it me or does Montoya seem a bit on the fragile side? He always seems to be out for some reason or another.
Yeah, I was thinking that myself. Broken finger, concussion, seperated sholder, and now a knee tweak This is not good. If he cannot play major minutes, he is regulated to backup status, and all the posters that regularly trade Alvaro are going to be screwed

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:18 PM
SML

Ultimately I don't see he and Henrik both being able to play here at the same time. One of them has got to go or the other will just leave. I would try to lock Lundqvist up long term and then see what the market is for Montoya. At some point they are going to have to call this kid up though. Weekes hasn't played since what, Xmas? Even if we get in the playoffs, Lundqvist is going to be out of gas at this rate. I'm really leaning towards trading this kid sooner than later, but it would be nice to at least see the goods on display before we sell them away.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 01:13 PM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Ultimately I don't see he and Henrik both being able to play here at the same time. One of them has got to go or the other will just leave. I would try to lock Lundqvist up long term and then see what the market is for Montoya. At some point they are going to have to call this kid up though. Weekes hasn't played since what, Xmas? Even if we get in the playoffs, Lundqvist is going to be out of gas at this rate. I'm really leaning towards trading this kid sooner than later, but it would be nice to at least see the goods on display before we sell them away.
What's the rush, with his history of injuries and no NHL experience NYR get bupkes for him. Let him develop at the "A" and maybe next year as back up to Henrik and see what happens. BTW Henrik has been pretty erratic this year, so lets watch this development also. I really want NYR to make playoffs as I want to see what Henrik can do in SC competition. Last year he was hurt with JJ and not a real test.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Probably traded for Bryan Smolinski.
ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA effin hillarious.. and scary too...

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote