HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Doan Rumor - (E3-4) 1st Calgary, 2nd Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
  #126
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCopterKey View Post
What is with everyone's obsession with Perezhogin? He's a marginal prospect with 3rd/4th line potential. He's more expendable than ryder.
Another Josef Balej... Skating is not everything !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:38 AM
  #127
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Another Josef Balej... Skating is not everything !
You'll have to explain yourself a little bit, because beside the skating habilities, I don't see any similarities in the development of these two prospects...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:47 AM
  #128
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You'll have to explain yourself a little bit, because beside the skating habilities, I don't see any similarities in the development of these two prospects...
So far, are you really impressed by Perezhogin's production and development ? I am not. You can blame the coaching staff if you want. But I don't beleive that they would mess with a prospect that could help them win games.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:15 AM
  #129
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
So far, are you really impressed by Perezhogin's production and development ? I am not. You can blame the coaching staff if you want. But I don't beleive that they would mess with a prospect that could help them win games.
Perez to me reminds me of players like Kovalev in regards to heart, you don't know which guy is gonna show up. He has skills, but I question his hockey sense sometimes because sometimes he looks lost out there with and without the puck. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or what, but he has not turned into the player we thought he would...especially when he was one of the top players in the Russian League in the lock out with all of the Pro's and NHLers there I thought he was going to have a coming out party in Montreal when he made his NHL debut.

I'm questioning his heart and confidence, his skills are there but the two things that need to be strongest which I mentioned in heart and confidence are needed to be there for Perez to be the player he and the Habs want him to be.

Like Sammy I think Perez may have gotten the short end of the stick not getting ample opportunites to play with others like Saku, Higgins and Ryder.

Carbs needs to try this kid with more skilled and talented offensive type players over Bonk, Johnson, Murray, Downey, Lapierre and Begin.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  #130
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Perez to me reminds me of players like Kovalev in regards to heart, you don't know which guy is gonna show up. He has skills, but I question his hockey sense sometimes because sometimes he looks lost out there with and without the puck. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or what, but he has not turned into the player we thought he would...especially when he was one of the top players in the Russian League in the lock out with all of the Pro's and NHLers there I thought he was going to have a coming out party in Montreal when he made his NHL debut.

I'm questioning his heart and confidence, his skills are there but the two things that need to be strongest which I mentioned in heart and confidence are needed to be there for Perez to be the player he and the Habs want him to be.

Like Sammy I think Perez may have gotten the short end of the stick not getting ample opportunites to play with others like Saku, Higgins and Ryder.

Carbs needs to try this kid with more skilled and talented offensive type players over Bonk, Johnson, Murray, Downey, Lapierre and Begin.
The Habs - or any other NHL - cannot have too many of these "heartless" players in their line-up. You have to count on players who are going to give a consistent effort, game after game. Maybe the stick swinging incident in Hamilton is still bothering him. I dunno.

No doubt that he is more skilled than Murray and Downey. Yes, he should play on one of the first two lines. Unfortunately for him, Gainey signed Samsonov, and had to keep Latendresse. And we all know the rest of the story.

It's up to him to take his future in his hands and perform every single shift he is on the ice. Carbonneau has a "vision", his own vision shared by Jarvis and Muller and Gainey too. WORK HARD !

It was mentioned yesterday that Russians players have their own "clique" in the dressing room. Normal: they sppeak the same language, have the same culture. Dangerous: they are all struggling badly, even Markov is not giving his best. Not an ideal situiation for a youngster like Perezhogin. And another reason to not call up Kostitsyn until the air is cleared up.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 11:57 AM
  #131
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudToBeAHabFan View Post
funny to hear that as Doan as a big 12 points in 32 playoffs games... but I agree that I would trust Doan more in the playoffs than Ryder
I think majority of his playoff games came when he was in Winnipeg. Something to keep in mind when discussing Doan.

The posts about Doan being over the hill at age 28 were pretty humorous. If that is truly a serious comment, I would suggest in buying the Center Ice Package and watch him play.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:06 PM
  #132
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
No doubt that he is more skilled than Murray and Downey. Yes, he should play on one of the first two lines. Unfortunately for him, Gainey signed Samsonov, and had to keep Latendresse. And we all know the rest of the story.

It's up to him to take his future in his hands and perform every single shift he is on the ice. Carbonneau has a "vision", his own vision shared by Jarvis and Muller and Gainey too. WORK HARD !

I agree with you here, I also feel that your statement applies to Ryder aswell he has not been impressive on the 1st line all year so far.

Ryder also needs to take his future into his hands and make something out of it because he is not a 1st line winger at the moment but gets every chance thrown at him constantly.

Anyway maybe its Gaineys way to showcase Ryder to the league to say hes not out of place on the 1st or 2nd line but Perez works hard makes unselfish plays but I think probably lacks the confidence, his plus minus is excelent (thank you bonk).

I think that Latendresse could be droped to Bonks line pretty easy and give Perez a chance on the 1st two units atleast maybe for a bit even if its to get his trade value up at this point too because who knows what will happen.

With all the rumors that are going around I wouldnt be surprised if nothing happens for us besides a minor deal, everyone knows we are looking for scoring up front but the advent of Pleks being awsome lately maybe that has been put on the backburner?

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
  #133
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I think majority of his playoff games came when he was in Winnipeg. Something to keep in mind when discussing Doan.
Nope. The Jets played one year in the playoffs with Doan (their last year in Winnipeg, 1995-96.). Khabibulin was spectacular but we bowed to the Red Wings in 6. Doan never got a point.

I want to school with a chick who was crazy about him at the time.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 12:50 PM
  #134
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
The posts about Doan being over the hill at age 28 were pretty humorous.
What do you expect? This is Hockey's Future message board where anyone over the age of 27 is considered old

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.