HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
EpicNeilTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
Here we go again beating up on my St Lawerence and the Rideau.We have a player here that played is 16 year old season with the Winchester Hawks and he is the top Defense man in the QMJHL.Seems to me that Casselman has allot of penalty minutes each year but check their winning percentage and wins they have every year.Winchester keeps on making the playoffs every year and keeps on developing players.The Rideau is always going to be strong as well and turn out great hockey players and let us not forget these are young men trying to find their way in this world.I do not think any of you have any idea what Winchester Hawks have gone through this season.I know that Jeff knows what they have gone through and this has been one tough season for them all.
I think you forgot to mention the part where Winchester pays the Nepean Raiders to send him to Winchester instead of a Metro team.

Old
02-15-2014, 06:04 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
I think you forgot to mention the part where Winchester pays the Nepean Raiders to send him to Winchester instead of a Metro team.
Actually that is not the way it worked and Nevin Guy also played there for a year to, it seems to me this Club Develops players to move on to higher leagues and there are others out there playing Major Junior hockey and JR A that played a year at Winchester to better their skills while they were there.Let us not forget about the Alexandria's Glens and the Championships they have won.The St Lawerence and the Rideau are both great Divisions and deserve respect from everyone.

Old
02-15-2014, 06:07 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
That's the Rideau/ St.Lawrence league for you. More goons and unintelligent hockey players in those divisions than the Valley/ Metro. It is sad when this stuff happens because the EO has had a bad rep for being home to hockey just for the fights and had started to change to a more skilled league but the Rideau/ St. Lawernce has yet to change that.
Please Define a Goon and how many games have you watched from those two great divisons.I was with the Hawks for four years and have never seen so many great games until I was part of that league.Let us build this league up instead of tearing it down.The EOJHL is one of the best leagues in all of North America.

Old
02-15-2014, 08:58 AM
cchltier1fan

I have had kids play in both conferences and the metro is definitely the best division to to bottom, the other three are quite equal. That being said I think the other three divisions provide more opportunities for younger players to develop.

Old
02-15-2014, 09:31 AM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
I have had kids play in both conferences and the metro is definitely the best division to to bottom, the other three are quite equal. That being said I think the other three divisions provide more opportunities for younger players to develop.
That's a fair assessment.

I think that a five team tournament between OJC, OWGK, Clarence, Gatineau, and Casselman would be EXCITING.

Old
02-15-2014, 09:59 AM
hurricane11

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor macdavid View Post
That's a fair assessment.

I think that a five team tournament between OJC, OWGK, Clarence, Gatineau, and Casselman would be EXCITING.
They need to bring back the Boxing Day tournament. It was always great seeing the top teams in the league compete against eachother. In my opinion this would be better than the league showcase events.

Old
02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Wizwog

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor macdavid View Post
Favorites yes, but locks definitely not.

OJC were missing three of their top four defensemen last night.

That being said, they've absolutely manhandled OJC the past few weeks.

Direct quote from a league GM "The only team that can beat West in a seven game series this year is Casselman, and that could still be a sweep."

With Lafleur and Milito in the lineup, West are scary good.

Rodier - Shanks - D. Kilrea
Edgar - Gottzmann - Lehoux
Deschamps - J. Kilrea - Connolly

Wintjes - Lafleur
Milito - Tam

That top nine is as deadly as anybody in this league.

The defense corps is solid IF healthy.

Goaltending was horrendous last night, with Plumadore allowing three weak ones on four shots in the 3rd period. Neither him nor Pristanski looks especially sharp. Could be their only real weakness.
Don't often compare players but this is what casselman has kind of gone with the past 2 games

Desnoyer-Brazeau-Widemair
Forget-Cosineau-Choquette
Bertrand-Plante-Wensink
Giroux-Woodside
G. Laurin-Adam-Gibeault <-- injured line

as for Casselman their top 4 I would have to say is best in the EO.

Henry-Laurin
Hough-Allen

all 4 having played in cj at one point, they may be the only team on either side of the league to have that kind of experience.

J-p Brais 1st team all star in rsl
De meis championship experience legit #1

This is just what I have seen mixed with some research and personal opinion

Old
02-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Here we go again beating up on my St Lawerence and the Rideau.We have a player here that played is 16 year old season with the Winchester Hawks and he is the top Defense man in the QMJHL.Seems to me that Casselman has allot of penalty minutes each year but check their winning percentage and wins they have every year.Winchester keeps on making the playoffs every year and keeps on developing players.The Rideau is always going to be strong as well and turn out great hockey players and let us not forget these are young men trying to find their way in this world.I do not think any of you have any idea what Winchester Hawks have gone through this season.I know that Jeff knows what they have gone through and this has been one tough season for them all.

My comment was about the present situation...not the past.

Old
02-15-2014, 12:23 PM
cchltier1fan

Still wide open in Valley with no one mathematically eliminated.

Old
02-15-2014, 01:14 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Actually that is not the way it worked and Nevin Guy also played there for a year to, it seems to me this Club Develops players to move on to higher leagues and there are others out there playing Major Junior hockey and JR A that played a year at Winchester to better their skills while they were there.Let us not forget about the Alexandria's Glens and the Championships they have won.The St Lawerence and the Rideau are both great Divisions and deserve respect from everyone.
Actually it is the way it worked.

What happens is that Winchester pays a large amount of money to the Raiders so that Goulet will send players to Winchester instead of Metro teams.

Happened the last 2 years as both 16 years old from OWGK (Tam/Constantine) were recommended to go to Winchester.

Old
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:

What happens is that Winchester pays a large amount of money to the Raiders so that Goulet will send players to Winchester instead of Metro teams.

Happened the last 2 years as both 16 years old from OWGK (Tam/Constantine) were recommended to go to Winchester.
Not to mention current Windsor Spitfire Cam Hughes, who was sent to Winchester by Goulet, before Goulet traded his rights to Gloucester.

Old
02-15-2014, 01:51 PM
HawksFanForever

Do not agree with you at all

Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble But that is not the total truth.The Gm from that team and the coaching staff deserve allot of the credit as they would take one month off after the playoffs were over and then they would start going to tourneys and looking at other players all around.They do a great job in recruiting.
Sorry but you are incorrect and the GM there and the coaching staff does a great job recruiting.So you are saying they stole Nevin Guy also.

Old
02-15-2014, 02:07 PM
hockeylover116

Athens opens up their RSL defense tongiht in Prescott. Any predictions?
I think as long as they get decent goaltending they will get out of this series rather quickly.
Maybe im wrong, who knows what playoffs have in store for us!!
Cheers

Old
02-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Sorry but you are incorrect and the GM there and the coaching staff does a great job recruiting.So you are saying they stole Nevin Guy also.
not 100% sure on this...but I believe nevin guy lives in or near winchester.

It is true that winchester is 'affiliated' with Nepean. Similar to the CP/Perth, Pembroke/Renfrew situations.

Old
02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
hurricane11

it is well known that Nepean/Winchester work together. I don't understand how Ottawa West fans can complain tho they spend more money than any other team in the league.

I agree with you Hockey i think the Aeros will make quick work of the Flyers.

Old
02-15-2014, 03:57 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
I'm not incorrect, that is exactly what happened. Nevin Guy is from that area. Why would Nepean area kids want to go to Winchester when they can play in the Metro, a much better division?

Old
02-15-2014, 05:44 PM
LETSPLAY

Nepean and Winchester have been "affiliated" for a number of years. Having said that, it doesn't mean all of Nepean's draft choices or tryouts players end up there. BTW Guy was a Kemptville player. And really is it helping Nepean? They have much bigger issues like maybe finishing 8th with a veteran team and having CP roll over them in the first round. Can you say "under performing".

Old
02-15-2014, 08:13 PM
HawksFanForever

He plays for Ottawa 67's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSPLAY View Post
Nepean and Winchester have been "affiliated" for a number of years. Having said that, it doesn't mean all of Nepean's draft choices or tryouts players end up there. BTW Guy was a Kemptville player. And really is it helping Nepean? They have much bigger issues like maybe finishing 8th with a veteran team and having CP roll over them in the first round. Can you say "under performing".
Sorry but he does not play for them

Old
02-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Big Bear

News Flash!!!!! Valley Division just got a lot tighter then it was as Shawville wins in SO and Almonte beats Stittsville in regulation time. This pushes Arnprior to number 3 and tied with Shawville.................WOW

Old
02-15-2014, 09:19 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
News Flash!!!!! Valley Division just got a lot tighter then it was as Shawville wins in SO and Almonte beats Stittsville in regulation time. This pushes Arnprior to number 3 and tied with Shawville.................WOW
Perth beats Stitt tomorrow in reg and the valley is set, just positioning to be worked out. Tough loss for Perth, strong push in the end of the game for Perth to tie it from a goal from Barr, of course. Reffing was questionable both ways in the game a few hits for Perth that could have been called and Shaw had a few slashes that didnt get called. Looking forward to see what team comes out the Valley and see if they can give the Metro a run for their money.

Old
02-15-2014, 09:38 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Perth beats Stitt tomorrow in reg and the valley is set, just positioning to be worked out. Tough loss for Perth, strong push in the end of the game for Perth to tie it from a goal from Barr, of course. Reffing was questionable both ways in the game a few hits for Perth that could have been called and Shaw had a few slashes that didnt get called. Looking forward to see what team comes out the Valley and see if they can give the Metro a run for their money.
Perth is done so they may not care about tomorrow , if Stittsville wins they are in. Got to be a tired team having played 4 in 5 days, tomorrow will be 5 in 6.

Old
02-15-2014, 11:11 PM
hockey91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchltier1fan View Post
Perth is done so they may not care about tomorrow , if Stittsville wins they are in. Got to be a tired team having played 4 in 5 days, tomorrow will be 5 in 6.
I could see Perth wanting to win tomorrows game just due to the history of the two teams. I want to see that happen just so Shaw can make it. They showed lots of heart tonight in Perth especially Scott blocking lots of shots late in the 3rd including Barrs slap shot to the upper thigh/ wrist area which stung him but he was out next shift.

Old
02-15-2014, 11:13 PM
hockey91

What is everyone's thoughts on the metro/ valley awards this year.

Old
02-16-2014, 01:03 AM
hockey91

Quote:
I would assume you are talking about Weegar as that d-man. I would not go as far as saying that he is the best d-man in the Q. He is a very good player and hopefully he does one day play in the NHL. He has also been very fortunate to have been playing on solid hockey teams in the CCHL and Q.

Old
02-16-2014, 07:33 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
I would assume you are talking about Weegar as that d-man. I would not go as far as saying that he is the best d-man in the Q. He is a very good player and hopefully he does one day play in the NHL. He has also been very fortunate to have been playing on solid hockey teams in the CCHL and Q.
Not fortunate as he has allot of skill and talent and scouts see this.

Closed Thread