HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Peter Forsberg(again, rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2007, 07:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Peter Forsberg(again, rumors)

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/darren_dreger/

Darren Dreger(whom Bob McKenzie just finished hailing as 'second to none' when it comes sources on the inside) reports that the Flyers have contacted six teams that Forsberg is willing to go to\have expressed interest.

Somewhat to my surprise, Nashville is on that list.

I have to say, it's a tantalizing thought...

Old
02-09-2007, 07:22 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

If we can get him for cheap he'd be perfect for the third line feeding Radulov the puck

Old
02-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Testify

If Forsberg is traded, the price will be soooooooo overpriced..

I prefer seeing Poile do nothing than overpaying for Forsberg

Old
02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Stranger

I think Forsberg will go the Wings honestly. I can easily see them making a deal like that although I'm not sure if they have the cap room though.

Even though I'd love to get Forsberg here, I don't think Poile will do it. He's hoping Belanger is his answer for our third line center woes.

Old
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I side with the popular response here: IF he is cheap enough than I want Forsberg. But Id rather keep our aresenal of prospects to bolster our D.

Old
02-10-2007, 11:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think Forsberg will go the Wings honestly. I can easily see them making a deal like that although I'm not sure if they have the cap room though.

Even though I'd love to get Forsberg here, I don't think Poile will do it. He's hoping Belanger is his answer for our third line center woes.
Detroit hasn't been on any of the lists that have been released with Forsberg's acceptable destinations. Most of them are the same or close to the same, which makes you think smoke\fire.

Old
02-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Mr Sakich

Eklund was on the Fan 960 yesterday with Rob Kerr (calgary). Nashville is the prime candidate but Detroit is in the mix as well. The nashville deal could look something like forsberg + pitkanen for webber.

Eklund has been told by nashville mngt that they have to make a long cup run this year or the franchise may be in trouble. The preds desperately need corporate support and that will only happen with a good playoffs.

Nashville may be the ultimate short term team this deadline. There may be no future for the mngt or coaching, or even the team in Nashville, if they don't have a lot of success.

Old
02-10-2007, 11:25 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Eklund was on the Fan 960 yesterday with Rob Kerr (calgary). Nashville is the prime candidate but Detroit is in the mix as well. The nashville deal could look something like forsberg + pitkanen for webber.

Eklund has been told by nashville mngt that they have to make a long cup run this year or the franchise may be in trouble. The preds desperately need corporate support and that will only happen with a good playoffs.

Nashville may be the ultimate short term team this deadline. There may be no future for the mngt or coaching, or even the team in Nashville, if they don't have a lot of success.
well, if eklund said it....

Old
02-10-2007, 12:02 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
well, if eklund said it....
dont flame me, but Eklund was right on with the Belanger speculations and he broke the Kariya signing before anyone else did. he may have a very good inside Music City source.

Just please let us keep Weber.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
dont flame me, but Eklund was right on with the Belanger speculations and he broke the Kariya signing before anyone else did. he may have a very good inside Music City source.

Just please let us keep Weber.
If we trade Weber...even with Pitkanen coming back...my resolve will be tested to a limit I don't think I've ever experienced as a Preds fan.

Even when Houlder got that last deal.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
brah

cheap and forsberg in the same sentence........

Old
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

*points to Signature*

Old
02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
handtrick

Quote:
If we trade Weber...even with Pitkanen coming back...my resolve will be tested to a limit I don't think I've ever experienced as a Preds fan.

Even when Houlder got that last deal.
I see a Zidlicky for Forsberg deal much more likely than ANYTHING involving Weber even with Pitkanen coming back despite the Vishnevsky pick up.

By the way, for those that were wondering:
-Pitkanen is only signed through the end of the year at 2.0 mill, but will still be a RFA.
-Vishnevsky is making $1.55 on a one year arbitration settlement and is UFA at the end of the year.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bburton86 View Post
cheap and forsberg in the same sentence........

I don't think acquiring Forsberg will be as costly as some Flyer fans like to think. However, if the deal doesn't impress Holmgren enough, I wouldn't count on Forsberg being traded.

Old
02-10-2007, 12:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I see a Zidlicky for Forsberg deal much more likely than ANYTHING involving Weber even with Pitkanen coming back despite the Vishnevsky pick up.

By the way, for those that were wondering:
-Pitkanen is only signed through the end of the year at 2.0 mill, but will still be a RFA.
-Vishnevsky is making $1.55 on a one year arbitration settlement and is UFA at the end of the year.
that's what some of us are theorizing in instant messenger conversations.

Even if Pitkanen wasn't involved, Zidlicky for Forsberg is a pretty good investment return for the Flyers. Zids is the whipping boy around here, but honestly...it's hard to say he hasn't been somewhat misused. He's not a first pairing DEFENDER(though neither is Timonen, but if he's paired with the right defensive guy, it works), but Trotz still throws that pairing out to expose mistakes for both of them, our power play scheme doesn't utilize Zids where he's best(mid to low slot, rather than at the point, where his shot becomes much less dangerous and accurate and his passing is marginalized) I think Zidlicky is still a top notch offensive d-man, and could be a good piece for the Flyers to build their power play around, especially if they pair him WITH Pitkanen.

Old
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Pred303

maybe the proposed deal has only been partially understood and is really forsberg for Pete Weber.. that's a deal i could get behind

Old
02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
that's what some of us are theorizing in instant messenger conversations.

Even if Pitkanen wasn't involved, Zidlicky for Forsberg is a pretty good investment return for the Flyers. Zids is the whipping boy around here, but honestly...it's hard to say he hasn't been somewhat misused. He's not a first pairing DEFENDER(though neither is Timonen, but if he's paired with the right defensive guy, it works), but Trotz still throws that pairing out to expose mistakes for both of them, our power play scheme doesn't utilize Zids where he's best(mid to low slot, rather than at the point, where his shot becomes much less dangerous and accurate and his passing is marginalized) I think Zidlicky is still a top notch offensive d-man, and could be a good piece for the Flyers to build their power play around, especially if they pair him WITH Pitkanen.
You are right, in that the current PP scheme we have misuses Zids. But I always felt that when he was at the point, and the puck was coming from high to low, it was at his advantage. He could see everything in front of him, and have time to either put a shot on net, or make a pass to a cutting forward. We were successful with that, until teams started pressuring the point more.

Our scheme now, works low to high. We cycle, cycle, cycle and then maybe use the D-men. Obviously, this takes Zid and Timonen out of the play more times than not. If and when a team decides to play soft and take away our cycling, the d-men become more important, that is, IF the coaches see it and implement a change.

The main question is, given a change that would make d-men a bigger part of our PP, could one of our current younger d-men take over Zid's spot? If so, then see what we can get for him. If not, don't take a chance at disrupting some team chemistry and forfeiting a great PP guy (when used correctly).

Old
02-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
maybe the proposed deal has only been partially understood and is really forsberg for Pete Weber.. that's a deal i could get behind
blasphemy

Old
02-10-2007, 01:58 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
this is probably closer to the truth than we know.

After all, when Forsberg blows out a knee or groin in the first round, the booth will be his next stop.

Old
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
flyers fan here.

i think the vishnevski deal definitly makes nashville a prime canidate for the forsberg deal. and no it will not involve pitkanen!! but i doubt itd involve weber or suter either. id expect something involving zidlicky, or klein, or zanon. + pick(s).

Old
02-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

zanon + picks sounds good done deal

Old
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
polar bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
The nashville deal could look something like forsberg + pitkanen for webber.
Forsberg and Pitkanen for Weber??????, that's priceless.

Old
02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Radulov for Czar*

To Nashville - Peter Forsberg

To Philadephia - Vince Young

Sound good?

Old
02-11-2007, 01:42 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

If we move Weber I'll feel ill.

Old
02-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Pred303

i know we've all heard that we are on forsberg's 'short list' of 5 or 6 clubs he'd be willing to be traded to. but last night i was told by someone that knows things, that what actually happened was that forsberg personally called poile yesterday (or friday night), to express his desire to come to nashville if possible..

Closed Thread