HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

gauthier to Habs rumour (merged threads)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
The Hab would be ****ing STUPID to trade Markov for anyone less than a franchise player. Are you trying to tell me you would deal Markov for just one year of the playoffs? Get real! You still don't have what it takes to win it all(barring a minor miracle).. They will be there, just give it some time. Let those young players develop.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:52 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
I hope Gauts isn't traded, but if he is, asides from Zednik I don't see a player that Sutter would be interested in. And if you say Sundstrom, we have enough 3rd line checking types, thank you.
Well that's too bad, because you're not going to get a 30-goal scoring, borderline first line winger for a defenceman such as Denis Gauthier. End of story.

Old
02-01-2004, 02:58 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
andre markov , marcel hossa and ron hainsey for jeff oneil and eric cole

yannick perreault and chad kilger for denis gauthier

i don't like losing a puck mover like markov but the habs need a little shake and some scoring help if they are going to push for the playoffs.
I don't like moving a puck mover either, athough it would offset the loss if you weren't moving our other puck moving blueliner in the same deal.

The Habs chop out one half of their potentially awesome defensive core three years from now, so I don't see this happening whatsoever.

Old
02-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Well that's too bad, because you're not going to get a 30-goal scoring, borderline first line winger for a defenceman such as Denis Gauthier. End of story.
Haha, thanks Bob. I didn't know you freely discussed your trade plans on public message boards.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:09 PM
go habsgo

Gauthier

anyone heard anything about the Gauthier to Montreal trade

Old
02-02-2004, 03:34 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
The Flames have exactly zero d-men with 30 pts and a plus 12. Actually they don't even have a 20pt d-man with anything close to a plus 12. Would Bobby Orr himself even be good enough for this defense, which obviously is the best the NHL has seen since the days of Robinson, Lapointe, Savard, Langway and Englom.
HF posters seem to become less in touch with reality everyday. evman is definately underrating Sopel -- no doubt about that, but he's not altogether out of line if he has concerns as to Sopel's consistency. Who he is paired with seems to have a huge effect on his play.

Yes, Sopel is having a good year -- it seems he either has a great year (01-02) or a terrible year (02-03 -- where he was -15). The Canucks are +30 in goals scored compared with the Flames. And there's no arguing that the Canucks have a more offensive defense -- but the Flames' defense has been one of the best defensively in the league, that's their strength.

Closed Thread