HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nashville - Tampa Bay

Old
02-14-2014, 02:00 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Nashville - Tampa Bay

To Nashville:

2014 1st round pick
Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:

David Legwand

Tampa looks like it could be dangerous in the playoffs, and David Legwand will fit in nicely behind Filppula and Stamkos. He's a defenisively responsible 3rd line center that also scores at a respectable rate. IMHO, that would gve Tampa the best group of centers in the East for the playoffs. I would expect Tampa to do some damage in the playoffs, so that 1st round pick will probably be pretty late, and Connolly seems to be a guy that needs a change of scenery.

Nashville gets another, close to NHL ready, solid forward prospect to add to the collection, and a late 1st which gives the Preds more ammo to maneuver to get a prospect that they like in the draft.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Teekko

I dont think we will get that much for Legwand...

Teekko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:07 PM
Obviously

Tyler Johnson is our third line center when Stammer comes back

Obviously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:17 PM
chasespace

Easy no from Tampa.

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:31 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaddupscrubs View Post
Tyler Johnson is our third line center when Stammer comes back
Yeah, when I was looking at the rosters, I must have clicked an old link for Johnson, it had him with like 14 pts for the year. I figured that Legwand would be a huge upgrade.

Now, not so much.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Necropolis
ainec

vCash: 50
Wouldn't even consider it. Value is bad and Tampa doesn't need Legwand.

Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:51 PM
RussianGuyovich
Hella Ennui

Send a message via MSN to RussianGuyovich
nashville and tampa are great trading partners, when goalies aren't in the mix, but not for legwand.

i would, however, be willing to give up our first, and connolly (perhaps even panik and killorn) if one of your top 4 D was coming back.

yes, i realize it wouldn't be weber

RussianGuyovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Rschmitz
Yzermaned

Tampa Bay Lightning trade with Nashville Predators for forward help
[MOD]

Two pieces I'd be interested in are Weber and Jones, we need a top paring/top 4 righty to pair with Hedman. Chances of that happening are close to 0%

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-14-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Riptide

Doesn't Tampa need D more than another forward?

02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
To Nashville:

2014 1st round pick
Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:

David Legwand

Tampa looks like it could be dangerous in the playoffs, and David Legwand will fit in nicely behind Filppula and Stamkos. He's a defenisively responsible 3rd line center that also scores at a respectable rate. IMHO, that would gve Tampa the best group of centers in the East for the playoffs. I would expect Tampa to do some damage in the playoffs, so that 1st round pick will probably be pretty late, and Connolly seems to be a guy that needs a change of scenery.

Nashville gets another, close to NHL ready, solid forward prospect to add to the collection, and a late 1st which gives the Preds more ammo to maneuver to get a prospect that they like in the draft.
Tampa Bay Is set at Center for the forseeable future, Why would Tampa Bay give up a young Brett Connolly for a 34 year old Dave Legwand does'nt make any sense to me. We really dont need Legwand we want to continue to get younger not add a player who could be done In 5 years or so

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 03:42 PM
boltsfan9186

vCash: 50
no need, and value is bad.

boltsfan9186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
To Nashville:

2014 1st round pick
Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:

David Legwand

These just keep getting worse.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 04:56 PM
Mikey 48
Still D.R.E.J.

Well, at least it's not Stamkos/Weber again.

Mikey 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
To Nashville:

2014 1st round pick
Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:

David Legwand

Do you honestly think Legwand is worth that much? Maybe a first at the deadline but nothing more. And that first would be 20 or lower.

Quote:
Yeah, when I was looking at the rosters, I must have clicked an old link for Johnson, it had him with like 14 pts for the year. I figured that Legwand would be a huge upgrade.

Now, not so much.
How old are those stats? From November? If you were going to stat watch, why not go to NHL.com? But as long as you figured it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
These just keep getting worse.
Why did you have to say that? You know what's going to happen now right ?

Yzlamic Preacher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
I actually love Legwand but I wouldn't give up either Connolly or a 1st for him, much less both. He's just not needed and for that package we should be able to get Salo insurance which is what we do need.

Stammer Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Drouined My Career
should I stay or go?

Nah, but for funsies.. What would it take to get Weber?

Drouined My Career is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Nah, but for funsies.. What would it take to get Weber?
About as much as it would take to get Stamkos minus two 1sts.

Legwand is not worth that much. He'll most likely get either a mid 1st and a prospect with an okay chance at making it, or a higher 2nd with a better prospect.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Butchered
Tampa=Boston South

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I'd like Legwand but I don't touch this deal. Way too steep. If that's an expected return, I think fans will be disappointed.

Butchered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
McHortton
Accidental Tank 2016

Quote:
To Nashville:

2014 1st round pick
Brett Connolly

To Tampa Bay:

David Legwand

No we want Connolly

Btw Tampa fans , what is Connolly's value? What would it take to bring him to his hometown?

McHortton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:15 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
No we want Connolly

Btw Tampa fans , what is Connolly's value? What would it take to bring him to his hometown?
Tanev

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:17 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
About as much as it would take to get Stamkos minus two 1sts.

Legwand is not worth that much. He'll most likely get either a mid 1st and a prospect with an okay chance at making it, or a higher 2nd with a better prospect.
We paid Buffalo a 1st for Gaustad. Legwand>>>Gaustad. Legwand should get us more than just a 1st.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Tanev
have to add a lot on our end Tanev is way more proven and d so way more value right now.

I don't short change connolly's value like most. He hasnt made it in NHL next year I think he will and be fine. He is still 21 so not down on him not making team this year like some and don't think his value takes a hit when every guy who made it above him had two ahl seasons and are old. Kucherov got a shot later so dont count that and honestly has been pleasant surprise but he was still brought in earlier than probably should have been Kucherov that is and I am his biggest supporter lol so that is saying a lot.

I would rather do connolly plus second for bieska and fourth.

But killorn plus second for tanev I think is very fair.

I would really like to keep hold of firsts even in weak drafts unless blows my socks off trade. We draft well so far in firsts imo very well.

I would do something say Connolly plus aulie plus brown for tanev too. Connolly looks like second line rh forward brown 3rd or fourth line rw very good pk physical even though smallish warrior mentality and aulie has played great when used as a 5-6 guy physical d lh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
We paid Buffalo a 1st for Gaustad. Legwand>>>Gaustad. Legwand should get us more than just a 1st.
Maybe so but have to look at each teams situation for value. Maybe in open market Legwand is worth that or more but to tampa who has things to consider too many forwards plenty of guys who can play 3rd 4th very well good pk guys younger but still good and guys we are stuck with cause old contracts and worth hard to move legwand will not be worth as much

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 02-15-2014 at 07:50 PM.
Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 08:06 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Lol just because you grossly overpaid for an overpaid 3rd line center doesn't mean someone else will.

The OP trade is terrible for TB, and that's not even considering the fact we have zero need for Legwand.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 08:44 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

If Tampa had missed out on Filppula this summer, then I could see a need for Legwand, but Tampa is set at center for a while.

Even if they needed Legwand, Connolly alone is overpayment. Value is closer to a late 1st + a mid/low end prospect.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote