HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are your Top 10 Predictions for the Oilers this Season?.........

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Belcriss

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
1 - Tommy Salo doesn't rebound completely, but does play better than last year.

2 - Jani Rita played a grand total of 7 NHL games and goes on to another 40 point season in the AHL. Kevin Lowe leaves him on the board as an RFA, and Rita is traded for another prospect shortly before the 2004 Entry Draft.

3 - Mike Comrie is traded. His contract on the new team exceeds $3 million dollars per year. Oiler fans turn on him completely (as they should have a long time ago!).

4 - The following players have breakout seasons: Radek Dvorak (32 goals), Eric Brewer (+12, really turns into a solid #2 man), Ethan Moreau (20+ goals), Jason Chimera (40+ points).

5 - The Following players have dissapointing seasons: Brad Isbister (30 - 35 points), Jason Smith (-10, falls down the depth chart a touch).

6 - The Following players don't really change all that much statistically: Ales Hemsky, Mike York, Ryan Smyth, and Shawn Horcoff.

7 - Marty Reasoner is again demoted to the AHL a couple times in the season. It becomes apperant that he will not be kept around after this season. Jared Stoll replaces him, and is much better.

8 - Raffi Torres plays his rookie season, and plays great though doesn't record a huge amount of points - but scoring points isn't Torres game. All season he plays a great, in your face, hard hitting style. Really works on the defensive aspect of the game, too.

9 - The Oilers MVP by seasons end is Mike York.

10 - The Oilers finish in 9th place in the Western Conference, and miss the playoffs by 4 points.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

this guys avatar showed a 'nuck on it. Nuff said.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Fists of Fuhry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss
----------------------------------------------------------------------

this guys avatar showed a 'nuck on it. Nuff said.

Actually, I [as do many others] give props to Mizral for being one of the most informed posters here at HF. And dangit, I'll wager he spends more time here in the Edmonton board than anywhere else [a true sign of an oiler fan trapped inside a 'nuck moderator's body ]. That said, there are some issues where Les Miz has shown his wesside bias. But then again, who doesn't have a little homer in them?

Old
09-25-2003, 07:48 PM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
7 - Marty Reasoner is again demoted to the AHL a couple times in the season. It becomes apperant that he will not be kept around after this season. Jared Stoll replaces him, and is much better.
You are a drunk.

Old
11-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Mizral

Just reading through some older posts, thought it'd be interesting to bump a few after 10 games into the season and see how things are. Any new predictions/changes for any of you guys?

Old
11-03-2003, 02:35 PM
HOZ

1) Salo is traded at or near the deadline for virtually nothing. A farm hand and decent pick. (I am not a Salo basher so don't start). Decent pick turns into gold in 2 years time.

2) The Oilers stay at the .500 mark and just miss the playoffs. Oil(loss)fans.com collectively dies form massive brain hemmoraging when neither MacTavish or Lowe are fired for , ehem, "Driving the team into the ground". I never dawns on them that the team is/was rebuilding. Oiler's seasonal record will be 32-30-10-10.

3) Comrie is traded away for a vet and a rookie. To Washington or Los Angeles. At least 10 individuals come up with trades they believe Lowe should have made and if he had "JUST GOT ON THE PHONES AND WORKED THE TRADE OFFERS"

4) Dvorak and Smyth score 30, York leads team in scoring with 67. One more than Smyth or Dvorak

5) Isbister will suck and majorly! Wait 2 years

6) Heritage Classic will have the FIRST player on the IR list due to frost bite. Oilers win the Heritage Classic

7) Torres will be in the Calder race but eventually lose

8) Horcoff proves me wrong and actually becomes a true NHLer.

9) Chimera decides that NHL money is better than AHL money and stops disappearing for weeks on end. Like Horcoff he becomes a true NHLer

10) Ryan Smyth is traded at the draft table for first overall. The Oilers make no mistake and grab the only player worth the #1. And he ain't coming from Saskabush!!

Old
11-03-2003, 02:43 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
7) Torres will be in the Calder race but eventually lose
Torres has played 6 games or more in two consecutive seasons, he's not eligible for the Calder.

Old
11-03-2003, 06:18 PM
HOZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Torres has played 6 games or more in two consecutive seasons, he's not eligible for the Calder.

I love it when one of my predictions come true right away....

Old
11-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Oi'll say!

*bump*

ok, all of my predictions officially suck and we're not even at the 20 game mark.

Anyone on track here? I am too depressed to read them all.

Old
11-17-2003, 07:24 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOZ
I love it when one of my predictions come true right away....
Well ... to blow my own horn in "G Major" when all around they were clamoring to the Raffi Torres Bandstand, I with a few others suggested that Conklin (remember the poll) might have a biggest impact as the rookie Oiler. Now the ballet is still out, and I'm pulling for Raffi here too, but until then ... :dazzle:

Old
11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
ok, all of my predictions officially suck and we're not even at the 20 game mark. Anyone on track here?
I don't have much fun at guessing games. The conservative guesses are the only ones likely to be right.

That said, I think I'm doing OK on some of mine (#2, #3, and #10...I went against the grain on the RPM prediction and appear to be on track there except for Reasoner's injury). Others have time to be corrected (#4) but won't be. I'm totally wrong on a couple (Bergeron, Comrie...although I felt there was a chance Lowe would have him sit the whole season).

For the record I never felt Comrie's absence would be terribly missed on the scoresheet, and my argument was that the Oilers were a playoff team for a half a season after he went down and didn't contribute much when he came back. I know igor was on the same page.

Old
11-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Well ... to blow my own horn in "G Major" when all around they were clamoring to the Raffi Torres Bandstand, I with a few others suggested that Conklin (remember the poll) might have a biggest impact as the rookie Oiler. Now the ballet is still out, and I'm pulling for Raffi here too, but until then ... :dazzle:
My good old Poll. Funny I'm reading this today, because I was about to repost it again today to see if opinions have changed.

Old
02-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Mizral

jadeddog is the leader on the predictions so far, but I'm not too far behind. I'm looking through a bunch of old threads - did ANYONE predict Raffi Torres would score 20 or more goals? I haven't see it so far.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:18 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
  1. Something happens regarding Salo. Or it doesn't. (!?)
This is the single most accurate description of Tommy Salo on the planet. That's it exactly.

Closed Thread