HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - New York Rangers

Old
02-15-2014, 05:05 AM
Michael8771*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
I think many people had agreed that adding another left handed shooter to the Pens roster isn't what they are looking for. Someone of the Carter ilk. A right handed RW shooter. Someone who gives the Pens more option up top.
They have a good LW grinder puck retriever, they need someone who can get open and roof the puck.
I agree with your premise, we'd prefer a quality righty, but if they are a lefty and can help, we'll take it. That bein said Letang can't be traded ATM.

Michael8771* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:11 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Is this really a good time to trade Letang though?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:19 AM
Michael8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
Is this really a good time to trade Letang though?
Under the circumstances I can't see him being traded for at the very least a year or so. It would look like a heartless move from the pens if they tried it. Also, with his ''condition'' his trade value (at least currently) is diminished.

Old
02-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'd rather stick with Nash.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 10:32 AM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
So... Rangers who needs more high scoring fwds trades one away for a defensemen which happens to be their strength. Literally makes no sense. Letang is bad defensively, his caphit is gonna be high as **** starting next season. And according to Pens fans he's awful on the PP.

Almost forgot, he just had a stroke. Who knows if he'll recover and if he'll ever come back fully fit.

So it's an no for me.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 10:51 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
?
They've been saying from the get-go that it wasn't career threatening or even particularly serious (relatively speaking).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
A quick search on the topic would prevent you from looking foolish with this statement. It was never career threatening, the moment it was revealed, the team has maintained he will be out for 6 weeks and will return this season. It was never "he's out indefinitely and we'll evaluate this later"...he's actually set to skate during the Olympic Break.

Career threatening?
http://undisclosedinjury.blogspot.ca...gs-stroke.html

Quote:
"Kris Letang's mystery illness is not believed life threatening, but the Penguins are not sure when he will play again this season...There were concerns last week that Letang's season - if not his career - could be in jeopardy because of the illness, sources said."
So say that it was never serious or potentially long term is fully ignorant on your part of the news being reported on the subject.

All they have said so far is that he will miss at least six weeks but this was an injury that was very much potentially career threatening at some points during the diagnosis.

TOGuy14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 12:06 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
A. A trade of this magnitude would never happen between the Pens and Rangers
So what was the whole Kovalev-Nedved-Samuelsson-Zubov thing? But Nash does mean WAY more to us than Letang does the Pens, IMO.

BobMarleyNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 12:11 PM
roquay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
So... Rangers who needs more high scoring fwds trades one away for a defensemen which happens to be their strength. Literally makes no sense. Letang is bad defensively, his caphit is gonna be high as **** starting next season. And according to Pens fans he's awful on the PP.

Almost forgot, he just had a stroke. Who knows if he'll recover and if he'll ever come back fully fit.

So it's an no for me.
Can we get the "Letang is bad defensively" on myth busters? It's just not true. The coach gives him a licence to be more of a part of the offence. That's why he is paired with Scuderi who knows he has to stay back. Letang is usually quick enough to get back as well.

Anyways he can't be traded because no one will take the risk yet. I don't see the Pens trading him anyway. D men who can put up points like him are quite rare.

roquay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 01:07 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
http://undisclosedinjury.blogspot.ca...gs-stroke.html

So say that it was never serious or potentially long term is fully ignorant on your part of the news being reported on the subject.

All they have said so far is that he will miss at least six weeks but this was an injury that was very much potentially career threatening at some points during the diagnosis.
Uh, no, it's not ignorant. When they weren't sure exactly what the diagnosis was there was concern. When they actually figured out what was wrong with him, they said he could be back in six weeks and it's neither life nor career threatening. Also, please never quote Rob Rossi as factual evidence to a Pens fan and expect not to get a major eye roll. He is well known for sensationalizing stuff and flat-out guesswork. NOBODY associated with the team has said they were concerned his career was in jeopardy.

And you'll have to pardon me if I don't take a blog full of speculations and cut-and-paste from WebMD as anything even worthy of reading.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 04:51 PM
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest

Total pass from this Rangers fan.

With

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Moore - Klein

and McIlrath who looks just about ready (never mind the potential for Allen), I don't see the point for the Rangers to do this. If Girardi is going, there's a need, but it seems as if there's a very good chance of the Rangers resigning him. I don't really see how this fills a need for the Rangers.

Unless we can come to a compromise, it looks like Cally will be on his way out. If that's the case, it'd be downright stupid to move the offense of Nash for defense. Letang can put up numbers when healthy, sure, but I'd much rather have a top pairing of McD and Girardi than McD and Letang. That's just me.

Never mind Letang's cap hit. Girardi can be resigned for cheaper.

Why in the HELL would the Rangers be interested in solving the revolving door of Crosby's wingers?

I see zero chance of this happening.

OnlyRevolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 08:09 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

There are only two players for the Crosby wing fix I'd trade Letang for:

1. Ryan O'Reilly (oh pretty please!)
2. Jordan Eberle

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Michael8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
There are only two players for the Crosby wing fix I'd trade Letang for:

1. Ryan O'Reilly (oh pretty please!)
2. Jordan Eberle
No Kane? Regardless, with Letang's health issues it's doubtful he'll be traded for at least a year or more.

Old
02-16-2014, 06:08 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roquay View Post
Can we get the "Letang is bad defensively" on myth busters? It's just not true. The coach gives him a licence to be more of a part of the offence. That's why he is paired with Scuderi who knows he has to stay back. Letang is usually quick enough to get back as well.

Anyways he can't be traded because no one will take the risk yet. I don't see the Pens trading him anyway. D men who can put up points like him are quite rare.
Letang hadn't been bad defensively. He's been a trainwreck this season though. Its like he read HF last year and decided to show them what he'd look like if he really played how people say he plays. Or more likely, he's constantly been coming back from injury and never having time to get the rust off.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 09:17 AM
eco's bones

Personally I don't think Letang is quite going to be the same player for the Rangers that he is for the Penguins. He's not going to have Crosby and Malkin to pad his point totals. He's also iffy defensively and even more injury prone than Nash. From a Rangers perspective WTF! Wouldn't do it straight up for sure and I'm not a huge fan of Nash. I'd rather just re-sign Girardi who is much better defensively than Letang is.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 06:22 AM
DoctrSteveBrule
@MouseRat_Fan

im sure the penguins would be really eager to take on another big contract at the forward position.

Great trade, 10/10, would do again.

DoctrSteveBrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2014, 06:47 AM
tbonenc*

If I'm Sather, no way I do that deal straight up.
Letang's medical history is scary, much moreso than Nash's.
Rangers would need a future 1st or a solid 3rd line center.

tbonenc* is offline   Reply With Quote