HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Weathered Maloneyless Sather

Old
02-10-2007, 11:23 AM
zacn

vCash: 500
Weathered Maloneyless Sather

I saw Sather at last night's game, walking from the elevators to the locker room like he usually does after the game. He usually looks pretty upbeat (win or loss), with his lovely Florida golf course made tan, and Don Maloney skipping along without a care in the world at his side. After last night's Tampa game though, Maloney was nowhere to be seen and Sather looked exhausted. Just wondering if this is a precursor for something big to happen or more about indecision after the Rangers actually won a game and now the question of whether or not to sell the farm or have a fire sale has been put on hold. Eitherway, it is interesting to see how a GM's body takes such a toll right before a trading deadline.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:11 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Well I can't believe anyone expected that type of performance out of the Rangers. I bet that changed some plans in the front office. They probly thought they had it all figured out.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
shoeshine5

I just hope this doesn't make them think they have everything solved already. We need more wins than just that one.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine5 View Post
I just hope this doesn't make them think they have everything solved already. We need more wins than just that one.
i highly doubt they would think that and suddenly turn around after 1 win and think we were contenders. but i do think it was an impressive enough win for them to take notice and put plans on hold for the moment...trade deadline is still 3 weeks away so they can put things on hold for a few days and see if the team can repeat the performance over the next few days to determine if the changes to the lineup really brought the team back to life or if it was just a good night.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Don't forget that Boston 6-1 game. If we barely squeak by the Caps tonight, things will be just as vague. If we dominate them like the Bolts, then that will be a positive sign. If we flounder, Sather will probably use the up coming 4 day break to explore selling options. I personally don't think Sather should make any big moves until (the earliest) after the Jersey back-to-backs. That is the real litmus test of how the team is performing. Of course, they'll be working the phones until then. It's easy to get excited about one win but it's not like we just beat Anaheim, Buffalo, Nashville, or Jersey. And let me also bring up, even though we had only 2 chances, our powerplay was still shut down.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:47 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Slats' MO is to drag things out. Size up your likely trading partner, hook them, get'em to the point of almost saying OK, try to change things a little, bring close to pulling the trigger, dangle them some more before finally getting down tot he real trade he wants to do.

Forsberg I would not mortgage the farm for and I don't think he will. I could see an Immonen, or a Dawes and maybe a 3rd round pick. Taht is about as high as I go for an oft injured player that is on the older side of 34.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:49 PM
wereback

Micheletti was on the FAN this morning and he said he spoke with Sather and he has made many proposals to other teams and is waiting. Wonder if some are big.....

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Pizza

Yeah, it's all about fly fishing trips to Canada and sitting by the pool in Plam Springs. No pressure at all. Just a cake walk of a job

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:52 PM
shoothepuck

He looked haggard because the snack bar ran out of hot fudge.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:59 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereback View Post
Micheletti was on the FAN this morning and he said he spoke with Sather and he has made many proposals to other teams and is waiting. Wonder if some are big.....
TEAMS??? More than one??? oh man, that means he's not sitting and waiting around. I wonder if it'll be Immonen for Smokes? Actually, that won't work. he needs to free up roster spots if he wants to bring in players. Please don't trade Prucha! Unless we're getting Vinny!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
He looked haggard because the snack bar ran out of hot fudge.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote