HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

More Fran Sypek

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Doug

vCash: 500
More Fran Sypek

From this week's AHL Notebook:

>>The team has been awful and the long suffering Falcon faithful have expressed their displeasure. That prompted Landon to hold an open forum with his season ticket holders last Wednesday at the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Fair or unfair, the wrath of the ticket-buying public has been turned toward the parent Phoenix Coyotes. Perhaps those fans will get their wish if Phoenix decides to shift its affiliation closer to home next season when the Dallas Stars vacate Utah - an option the Coyotes didn't have prior to this season.

Such a move could pave the way for Tampa Bay to return to Springfield. Or depending on what happens to the Norfolk franchise, the Blackhawks could look into placing their prospects here, which they did during the mid-1980s. <<

Source: Norfolk team goes on block

Old
02-01-2004, 05:23 PM
PhoPhan

I think if the Coyotes' affiliate was moved to Utah, we'd see a few more call-ups and send-downs.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Mark O

Sypek has finally come around to waking up and smelling the coffee. He evn went so far in the above-mentioned column to compare them to the Albany River Rats. That is definitely an insult to the Rats. Looks like he is tired of singing the company song as well.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
ParisSaintGermain

I am kind of missing the point there. Is the team stinking because of its location or because of bad management with underachieving, underdevelopping players?
Now obviously I can understand if Falcons fans wants Phoenix out of their team and try their luck with another partnership. But for Phoenix fans who want to see the young players improve it doesn't look like the problem would be solved.
And if I imagine that the farm team was already in Utah, I don't think anyone would be promoted to the Coyotes as none of the players look ready for the NHL. But maybe more of the Coyotes would have demoted...

Old
02-01-2004, 06:20 PM
PhoPhan

Perhaps if the Falcons would allow the younger guys with potential to play over guys who obviously have nowhere to go, like Shuchuk and the Ferraros, this could be justified. Are these older players there to mentor the younger players? I doubt it, because the younger guys aren't getting much better. Are they there to keep the team competitive? I don't think I need to answer that one. I think they are just taking up roster spots. If this team isn't going to be competitive, why not allow the young'ns to play.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:48 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan
Perhaps if the Falcons would allow the younger guys with potential to play over guys who obviously have nowhere to go, like Shuchuk and the Ferraros, this could be justified. Are these older players there to mentor the younger players? I doubt it, because the younger guys aren't getting much better. Are they there to keep the team competitive? I don't think I need to answer that one. I think they are just taking up roster spots. If this team isn't going to be competitive, why not allow the young'ns to play.
What younger guys with potential are you referring to ?

Old
02-01-2004, 07:02 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093
What younger guys with potential are you referring to ?
There are plenty.

Podlesak, McLeod, Knyazev, Lukes, Kolanos, Jaspers, Stutzel, Tselios, Bezina, etc.

Old
02-01-2004, 10:14 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There are plenty.

Podlesak, McLeod, Knyazev, Lukes, Kolanos, Jaspers, Stutzel, Tselios, Bezina, etc.

All that you listed played last night with the exception of Lukes.

Old
02-02-2004, 02:57 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093
All that you listed played last night with the exception of Lukes.
I don't mean just playing, I mean playing a lot. Every minute Gary freaking Shuchuk spends on the ice is a minute that could be used developing a prospect.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:44 AM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

[QUOTE=PhoPhan]I don't mean just playing, I mean playing a lot. Every minute Gary freaking Shuchuk spends on the ice is a minute that could be used developing a prospect.[/QUOTe

Apparently this gentleman was given a contract at the behest of No. 99's buddy Marty McSorley. That being the case your grievance must be directed back to the desert not to Spfld.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:49 AM
PhoPhan

[QUOTE=scoob4093]
Quote:
I don't mean just playing, I mean playing a lot. Every minute Gary freaking Shuchuk spends on the ice is a minute that could be used developing a prospect.[/QUOTe

Apparently this gentleman was given a contract at the behest of No. 99's buddy Marty McSorley. That being the case your grievance must be directed back to the desert not to Spfld.
I'm not directing my anger in any specific direction, just letting it be known that I am angry.

Old
02-02-2004, 03:55 AM
Mark O

Shuchuk is listed as a player/ass't coach. He should stay on the bench, preferably in street clothes.

Closed Thread