HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vishnevski to Nashville

Old
02-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I don't know why every GM hates Vitali Vishnevski....but they do! I'm positive Lowe could have had him tossed into the Pronger deal, but he didn't opt to. Burke couldn't wait to get him out of town, and now he's dealt again. My guess would be that he's a terrible guy in the room. And Eric Belanger....dealt 3 times within the last 5 months....OUCH!!!

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 06:35 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Yeah, Vishnevski is not anything special. He would routinely play himself out of position while going for hits. He wouldn't be an upgrade for the blueline.

he had been a healthy scratch on anda off for the pass few weeks, If I knew about it over here, then I imagine that Lowe knew about it.

He would not have been that much of a salution.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:06 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Taking this in a different direction...

The Preds now have Timmonen, Zidlicky, Suter, Hamhuis, Weber, Vishnevski as the top six, with Zanon and Brookbank for depth, Klein on the farm, and Parent and Franson in junior.

Would a deal of MAB and a forward (Lupul/Torres) be enough to pry one of their young D men and a F away?

Perhaps something like Bergeron, Lupul/Torres and ANA 1 FOR Hamhuis and Hartnell?

Or Bergeron and Lupul/Torres for Zidlicky and Hartnell?

The Preds are immensely deep on D, however their F outside the top 6-8 aren't necessarily all world. Great team, but I wonder if they'd be willing to move a Hamhuis/Zidlicky to add something up front? I toss in Hartnell because I'm a big fan, but it could be any number of guys (Upshall? Legwand? Erat?)

Thoughts?

serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 07:10 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114 View Post
Taking this in a different direction...

The Preds now have Timmonen, Zidlicky, Suter, Hamhuis, Weber, Vishnevski as the top six, with Zanon and Brookbank for depth, Klein on the farm, and Parent and Franson in junior.

Would a deal of MAB and a forward (Lupul/Torres) be enough to pry one of their young D men and a F away?

Perhaps something like Bergeron, Lupul/Torres and ANA 1 FOR Hamhuis and Hartnell?

Or Bergeron and Lupul/Torres for Zidlicky and Hartnell?

The Preds are immensely deep on D, however their F outside the top 6-8 aren't necessarily all world. Great team, but I wonder if they'd be willing to move a Hamhuis/Zidlicky to add something up front? I toss in Hartnell because I'm a big fan, but it could be any number of guys (Upshall? Legwand? Erat?)

Thoughts?
preds are bulking up for a playoff drive

they wont be trading a guy like Hartnell anytime soon

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote