HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal Thread: Trying It Again

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneygoalie31 View Post
Gagner and Musil for Toffoli and Clifford
Yak and Klefbom for Jenner and Murray
Eberle,Simpson,Lander and 2014 1st for Weber
Resign Hemsky 3x 3.5mil
Resign Scrivens 2x 1.5 mil
Sign Jagr 2x 3.5 or 1x 4.5
Sign Hiller 7x 5.8 mil
Sign Girardi for 5x 5mil
Sign Moss 3x 2.5 mill

Hall Nuge Jagr
Toffoli Jenner Hemsky
Perron Gordon Moss
Clifford Hendricks Pitlick
Gadzic

Weber Murray
Marincin Girardi
Ference J.Shultz
Fedun

Hiller
Scrivens
I will leae it at this, your estimates for UFA contracts are wayt to low. Hiller will get 6+ easy and Scrivens 2.25 minimum (maybe higher).

Old
02-16-2014, 04:25 AM
Paralyzer008

I think Pittsburgh would consider dealing the following for Hemsky
-1st rounder (if salary reduced to 2.5M and we're luckier than a rabbit's foot)
-Eric Hartzell
-Josh Archibald
-Tom Kuehhackl
-Jayson Megna

I think Montreal would consider moving the following for Hemsky:
-2nd rounder
-Mattias Nygren
-Darren Dietz
-Louis Leblanc
-Tim Bozon
-Sven Andrighetto
-Martin Reway
-Michal Bournival (probably have to take Bourque in that scenario)

I think San Jose would be okay with the following:
-first rounder (if we are luckier than a rabbit's foot at 2.5M)
-2nd rounder
-Freddie Hamilton (if we are luckier than a rabbit's foot at 2.5M)
-Matt Tennyson
-Dylan DeMelo
-Taylor Doherty
-Eriah Hayes

Personally, I'd just re-sign him. I'd consider the first rounder if I was offered, but otherwise, I'm not enticed.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:28 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

The Oilers wouldn't make that trade after already acquiring Brossoit IMO.

If they were moving Hemsky to Pitts I think they'd be looking to get one of Pittsburgh's many young Dmen back.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:33 AM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
The Oilers wouldn't make that trade after already acquiring Brossoit IMO.

If they were moving Hemsky to Pitts I think they'd be looking to get one of Pittsburgh's many young Dmen back.
and Pittsburgh would laugh, then go acquire someone cheaper. The following are A prospects and therefore aren't being moved for Hemsky.
-Harrington
-Despres
-Dumoulin
-Pouliot
-Jarry or Sundqvist I think are just above Pittsburgh's cut line
-Blugers and Zlobin MAYBE would be available, but I don't see PIT trading too many wingers.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:38 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I didn't say Hemsky by himself would get it done, but I doubt MacT would be looking to acquire another young goalie when he already loaded up on a bunch this year.

Old
02-16-2014, 05:37 AM
Paralyzer008

Just asking for my proposed roster, which of the following are more likely and make the most sense?

1) Gagner, Hendricks and Musil for Zajac
2) Gagner and Musil for Berglund
3) Gagner and Musil for Kadri
4) Gagner and Musil for Wilson and Stalberg (reduced to 2M)
5) Other (such as Gagner for Toffoli, Gagner for Couturier/Schenn)

My goal is to get a No.2 C, with Gagner being the BIGGEST asset in the deal. Your input is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Paralyzer008: 02-16-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old
02-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Just asking for my proposed roster, which of the following are more likely and make the most sense?

My goal is to get a No.2 C, with Gagner being the BIGGEST asset in the deal. Your input is appreciated. Thanks.
Of those I only see number 4 having a realistic chance of occuring

Old
02-16-2014, 11:03 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:

You criticize a poster for saying we couldn't get a dman prospect from Pitts then add a proposal like Gagner for Berglund!

Theres a better chance we get Harrington for Hemsky then of us getting Berglund for that trash. The race in the east is close I could see more then a few teams being interested in Hemsky to the point there could be a bidding war. Montreal, Pitts, Carolina, Washington, Ottawa, Columbus, could all be interested. I don't think its unreasonable to assume we at least get a 1st for him.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Mozesmadness
MEMORIAL CUP CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I didn't say Hemsky by himself would get it done, but I doubt MacT would be looking to acquire another young goalie when he already loaded up on a bunch this year.
I think that you can never have enough good prospects in net, why not add another.
Quote:
I think Pittsburgh would consider dealing the following for Hemsky
-1st rounder (if salary reduced to 2.5M and we're luckier than a rabbit's foot)
-Eric Hartzell
-Josh Archibald
-Tom Kuehhackl
-Jayson Megna

I think Montreal would consider moving the following for Hemsky:
-2nd rounder
-Mattias Nygren
-Darren Dietz
-Louis Leblanc
-Tim Bozon
-Sven Andrighetto
-Martin Reway
-Michal Bournival (probably have to take Bourque in that scenario)

I think San Jose would be okay with the following:
-first rounder (if we are luckier than a rabbit's foot at 2.5M)
-2nd rounder
-Freddie Hamilton (if we are luckier than a rabbit's foot at 2.5M)
-Matt Tennyson
-Dylan DeMelo
-Taylor Doherty
-Eriah Hayes

Personally, I'd just re-sign him. I'd consider the first rounder if I was offered, but otherwise, I'm not enticed.
I would do Hemmer straight up for Darren Dietz, right hand shot offensive D-man, who has a physical edge and nastiness to his game, I saw him play quite a bit with the Blades last year, great prospect,

Old
02-16-2014, 03:03 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:

1) Not impressed with the way Zajac has played this year (very limited), not interested.
2)Berglund is not the answer IMO.
3) We can't afford to give up enough to the leafs what they want for Kadri
4) Gagner and Musil and Gernat for wilson probably wouldn't work but maybe
5) All three of Toffoli, Couts, Schenn would all take an overpayment and we just don't have the assets.

They are good ideas, who knew getting a 2c would be so hard.

Old
02-16-2014, 03:07 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNugeeToHall View Post
1) Not impressed with the way Zajac has played this year (very limited), not interested.
2)Berglund is not the answer IMO.
3) We can't afford to give up enough to the leafs what they want for Kadri
4) Gagner and Musil and Gernat for wilson probably wouldn't work but maybe
5) All three of Toffoli, Couts, Schenn would all take an overpayment and we just don't have the assets.

They are good ideas, who knew getting a 2c would be so hard.
So why are we all in such a hurry to give one away for practically nothing?

02-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
You criticize a poster for saying we couldn't get a dman prospect from Pitts then add a proposal like Gagner for Berglund!

Theres a better chance we get Harrington for Hemsky then of us getting Berglund for that trash. The race in the east is close I could see more then a few teams being interested in Hemsky to the point there could be a bidding war. Montreal, Pitts, Carolina, Washington, Ottawa, Columbus, could all be interested. I don't think its unreasonable to assume we at least get a 1st for him.
Berglund has 212 points in 412 GP
Gagner has 282 points in 461 GP

I don't see how it's really that off, especially considering Berglund is struggling a bit this year in the goals department. Sure we'd have to add, and retain salary from Sam, but Berglund is 12th in scoring on St. Louis and is an RFA in the summer, so not necessarily a keeper there especially if he asks for too much. I think you're overvaluing size like most of the Oilers posters around here. Gagner (at least 800K retained) + Musil + Moroz or another sizeable prospect could maybe land you Berglund IMO.

You're dreaming if you think Pittsburgh is dealing Harrington for anything less than Vanek or MAYBE Moulson or a scorer with a contract.

If we trust Bob Stauffer, Hemsky is worth either a B prospect or B prospect + pick, or 2nd rounder, and MAYBE a first rounder but he said it himself, Hemsky is not the top option on anyone's list so we'll have to see what happens before March 5.

Now as for Misfit's comment, I've watched enough Gagner to see that he just isn't the right No.2 C for us because he's better off as a complimentary scorer for someone else, and we need a bigger, more two-way guy at that spot. Now, I wouldn't hurry in dealing him (like NO to Gagner for Clifford that's gross) but I do want him traded.

Old
02-16-2014, 03:15 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
So why are we all in such a hurry to give one away for practically nothing?
He asked for imput on his proposals, I gave him mine. Most of those players are not the answer, but neither is Gagner. I should have reworded that too a quality 2c.

Edit: Gagner is arguably a 2c to begin with http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1602509

Old
02-16-2014, 07:57 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Berglund has 212 points in 412 GP
Gagner has 282 points in 461 GP

I don't see how it's really that off, especially considering Berglund is struggling a bit this year in the goals department. Sure we'd have to add, and retain salary from Sam, but Berglund is 12th in scoring on St. Louis and is an RFA in the summer, so not necessarily a keeper there especially if he asks for too much. I think you're overvaluing size like most of the Oilers posters around here. Gagner (at least 800K retained) + Musil + Moroz or another sizeable prospect could maybe land you Berglund IMO.

You're dreaming if you think Pittsburgh is dealing Harrington for anything less than Vanek or MAYBE Moulson or a scorer with a contract.

If we trust Bob Stauffer, Hemsky is worth either a B prospect or B prospect + pick, or 2nd rounder, and MAYBE a first rounder but he said it himself, Hemsky is not the top option on anyone's list so we'll have to see what happens before March 5.

Now as for Misfit's comment, I've watched enough Gagner to see that he just isn't the right No.2 C for us because he's better off as a complimentary scorer for someone else, and we need a bigger, more two-way guy at that spot. Now, I wouldn't hurry in dealing him (like NO to Gagner for Clifford that's gross) but I do want him traded.
Berglund is a better player then Gagner period. If I'm St. Louis I'm not giving him away for a soft overpaid unreliable 2nd line center and a B prospect. Berglund has scored over 20 goals in his career something Gagner has never done. Berglund has close to 3 times the amount of hits that Gagner does this year. Berglund would be the perfect 1st line center here IMO. Playing between Hall and Eberle I could see him easily putting up 60 points in a season while being reliable in his own zone. Would also allow RNH to mature playing against softer competition with Perron and Yakupov. If St. Louis would do that deal I'd be all over it but I can't see them doing it without us adding something substantial.

Old
02-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
He asked for imput on his proposals, I gave him mine. Most of those players are not the answer, but neither is Gagner. I should have reworded that too a quality 2c.

Edit: Gagner is arguably a 2c to begin with http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1602509
Just a question, do you have any ideas on who you believe is the answer for that spot?

Old
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:
Just a question, do you have any ideas on who you believe is the answer for that spot?
You had it right with something around Couts, Schenn, Hodgson, Stastny, Bjugstad, Nielsen, Zibanejad, Turris, Johansson (If he even plays centre anymore?), Scheifele, Wilson or we could go for a future 2c but not far off like Jenner or maybe a player like Cizikas. All IMO of course.

My post was not a knock on you at all.

Old
02-16-2014, 09:52 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
You had it right with something around Couts, Schenn, Hodgson, Stastny, Bjugstad, Nielsen, Zibanejad, Turris, Johansson (If he even plays centre anymore?), Scheifele, Wilson or we could go for a future 2c but not far off like Jenner or maybe a player like Cizikas. All IMO of course.

Hodgson no thanks, Johansson is not being moved neither will Scheifele.
Stastny will go to a contender at a huge price.

What about Anisimov or Dubinsky from CBJ?

Old
02-16-2014, 10:05 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post

I never said they would be moved or that we have the peices to acquire, I said those are just the players I would like to see as are 2c.

Edit: Dubinsky would be the most appealing for a top six role IMO, Anisimov would be a serviceable 2c but would be one of the best 3c's in the league.

Last edited by TheNugeeToHall*: 02-16-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old
02-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:

I was just inquiring because I want to make sure I target the perfect No.2 in my roster outline. I wanted to see what you were thinking.

Now Stastny is a UFA, but I think the Avs retain him at 6M+ and I don't see him coming here. I think trade is the way to go.

Couturier/Schenn/Hodgson/Bjugstad/Nielsen/Zibanejad/Turris/Johansson/Scheifele I'd say are untouchable. Jenner maybe too.

Like, it's really though. Gagner is, offensively, a capable No.2 C, but he isn't OUR capable No.2 C. Plus, with the year he's had, plus the contract, his value is at an all time low. I don't know how we're going to get this No.2 C, I really don't. We may have to take on a project, but then again, Gagner is probably better than a Wilson or a Cizikas, I'm quite concerned/worried about this.

Old
02-17-2014, 12:18 AM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

Quote:
I was just inquiring because I want to make sure I target the perfect No.2 in my roster outline. I wanted to see what you were thinking.

Now Stastny is a UFA, but I think the Avs retain him at 6M+ and I don't see him coming here. I think trade is the way to go.

Couturier/Schenn/Hodgson/Bjugstad/Nielsen/Zibanejad/Turris/Johansson/Scheifele I'd say are untouchable. Jenner maybe too.

Like, it's really though. Gagner is, offensively, a capable No.2 C, but he isn't OUR capable No.2 C. Plus, with the year he's had, plus the contract, his value is at an all time low. I don't know how we're going to get this No.2 C, I really don't. We may have to take on a project, but then again, Gagner is probably better than a Wilson or a Cizikas, I'm quite concerned/worried about this.
Excatly, the ideal 2c's throughout the league are all untouchable. I wasn't taking contracts, UFA's, untouchables, those are just the players I would love to see in an oilers jersey.

Wilson may lack Gagner caliber offense but adds size and abit more grit to the top 6, and defensive liability, and may thrive with a more skilled oilers top6. I know Gagner is having an off year but here are some stats

Wilson GP:58 G:7 A:17 P:24
Gagner GP:47 G:6 A:18 P:24

Cizikas I was just getting abit carried away

Old
02-17-2014, 03:42 AM
40oz

Quote:

They love Dubinsky in Columbus, I think it'd take a big over payment to get him.

Old
02-17-2014, 04:43 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
They love Dubinsky in Columbus, I think it'd take a big over payment to get him.
For me the thought is they are going to have to sign some players and Dub will be about 5.5 mil a year

Old
02-17-2014, 04:58 PM
40oz

Quote:
For me the thought is they are going to have to sign some players and Dub will be about 5.5 mil a year
Well Gaborik and his 7.5 is coming off the books this summer, and Dubinksy has another year on his contract. It's a shame though because he's exactly the type of player the Oilers need.

Old
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Soundwave

I kinda get the feeling the Oilers are going to settle for a less-offensive 2nd line center next year, maybe like a Steve Ott, but just play said player with two offensive wingers (ala Perron + Eberle).

Hall RNH Yakupov
Perron Ott Eberle

That sorta thing. The other possibility is the Oilers end up drafting one of Reinhart, Draistl, Bennett and put him in the lineup asap.

Either that or they might take a 1 year flyer on a guy like Olli Jokinen. Not ideal, but it's just how I see it playing out.

I'd be interested in Cody Hodgson, I like his game.

Old
02-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Since it's only Eklund it doesn't count as a 'rumour' so I'll put it here, but for the sake of discussion:

'Updated: While I have yet to ad Jonas Hiller to the Rumor Chart I continue to hear Edmonton is preparing to make a big deal in this direction. I don't have Hiller on the Rumor Chart because I can't see this happening now. At the draft perhaps, but only if the Ducks were to sign Ryan Miller...I do keep hearing that Ryan Miller is on their radar.'

Personally I think the Oilers would be making a big mistake if they break the bank for Hiller, especially if they also give up quality assets for his rights.

I think they'd be better off going after one of the 2nd tier guys instead.

Closed Thread