HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2014, 07:49 AM
cchltier1fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey91 View Post
I could see Perth wanting to win tomorrows game just due to the history of the two teams. I want to see that happen just so Shaw can make it. They showed lots of heart tonight in Perth especially Scott blocking lots of shots late in the 3rd including Barrs slap shot to the upper thigh/ wrist area which stung him but he was out next shift.
I I story only means something to management, not players.

Old
02-16-2014, 08:02 AM
HawksFanForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Actually it is the way it worked.

What happens is that Winchester pays a large amount of money to the Raiders so that Goulet will send players to Winchester instead of Metro teams.

Happened the last 2 years as both 16 years old from OWGK (Tam/Constantine) were recommended to go to Winchester.
And just how much money do you think Winchester pays to Napean and do not try to guess as I know what it is and it works well for both clubs and they are not the only one's that do this either in the EOJHL.Not sure why there are three to four in here that it seems they do not care much for Winchester or at least that is what it looks like.I keep hearing over and over how the SL and Rideau are weaker than the other two divisions.I have not heard anything about Alexandria and the next time you are in their Rink you may want to check the east wall and see how many banners are hanging there.

Old
02-16-2014, 08:03 AM
HawksFanForever

Big win on the road for the Hawks

Looks like there was a great game in Charlan last night and Winchester got some timely goals with great goal tending.Go Hawks Go.

Old
02-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Big Bear

Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFanForever View Post
And just how much money do you think Winchester pays to Napean and do not try to guess as I know what it is and it works well for both clubs and they are not the only one's that do this either in the EOJHL.Not sure why there are three to four in here that it seems they do not care much for Winchester or at least that is what it looks like.I keep hearing over and over how the SL and Rideau are weaker than the other two divisions.I have not heard anything about Alexandria and the next time you are in their Rink you may want to check the east wall and see how many banners are hanging there.
Really.... You are beating a dead horse here. I have been reading this stuff for the last week and at the end of the day I believe each division is great and this is great hockey league. The realization is this league is about cycles and development in moving kids to the next level. Every team is built differently because of team budgets and geographical areas. So lets write and talk about what's important and that is the 2014 PO's....Let's move on

Old
02-16-2014, 08:36 AM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Quote:
What is everyone's thoughts on the metro/ valley awards this year.
Pretty decent choices.

Laplante is without a doubt the best coach in the MV, Clarence's defensive systems are great.

Connor Hicks was a worthy pick for rookie of the year. He kept Metcalfe in A LOT of hockey games in unfortunate circumstances. Wouldn't be surprised to see him backing up in Belleville next season.

Robinson is a solid pick for MVP, because he literally does everything for Gatineau. Blocks shots, runs the PP, leads the team.

Old
02-16-2014, 10:08 AM
hockeyislife82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizwog View Post
Don't often compare players but this is what casselman has kind of gone with the past 2 games

Desnoyer-Brazeau-Widemair
Forget-Cosineau-Choquette
Bertrand-Plante-Wensink
Giroux-Woodside
G. Laurin-Adam-Gibeault <-- injured line

as for Casselman their top 4 I would have to say is best in the EO.

Henry-Laurin
Hough-Allen

all 4 having played in cj at one point, they may be the only team on either side of the league to have that kind of experience.

J-p Brais 1st team all star in rsl
De meis championship experience legit #1

This is just what I have seen mixed with some research and personal opinion
We could go back and forth all day as to who has the better team, but in the end the best team on paper isn't always the team that wins! Would be a great series, and would be great to see the kids settle this score on the ice.

Old
02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
What is everyone's thoughts on the metro/ valley awards this year.
Thought Nichols should've won best D. I think he's the best D in the league. Thought Gottzmann should've won Metro MVP.

Old
02-16-2014, 12:11 PM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Thought Nichols should've won best D. I think he's the best D in the league. Thought Gottzmann should've won Metro MVP.
Politics come into play on these votes most times....

Old
02-16-2014, 03:17 PM
KL14

Valley Awards

I think for best D, I agree that Nichols could have won it, or the one D man from Almonte....Suckow still a very worthy choice anytime I saw he play he think much more about offence than he does about defence .

I think Kealey from Stittsville should have won rookie of the year, toughest position to play in the jungle....the only way we may see him again in this league will be as a 21 year old and I doubt we will even see him then.

Old
02-16-2014, 04:59 PM
2pp

Heard that Perth pulled off the upset and beat Stittsville 4-2 today knocking Stittsville out of the playoffs. I guess carma is a *****......lol

Old
02-16-2014, 05:03 PM
KL14

Stittsville Points Total

The math on Stittsville's win/loss/otl/sol does not make sense....based on 18 wins, 3 OTLs and 2 SOLs the total should be 41 points....standings show 40 points....anybody know why ?

Old
02-16-2014, 06:40 PM
connor macdavid
In the press box

vCash: 986
Boy, those Casselman-doubters really proved everyone wrong eh.

11-1 aggregate score through two games with Akwesasne.

I don't give a crap how even Game One might've been, Casselman is going to steamroll through everyone in the RSL in a similar fashion to what OJC did last year in the M/V. They may even win twelve straight?

Old
02-16-2014, 09:43 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
The math on Stittsville's win/loss/otl/sol does not make sense....based on 18 wins, 3 OTLs and 2 SOLs the total should be 41 points....standings show 40 points....anybody know why ?
You are right, that doesn't make sense..... they should have 41. That being said, they would still finish 5th based on the tiebreaker with Shawville which would go to Goals For which Shawville wins 175-137.

Old
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes

Valley Division Playoffs

(1) Renfrew Vs (4) Shawville
(2) Almonte Vs (3) Arnprior

Thoughts?

Old
02-16-2014, 11:57 PM
xcross

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlytheCH View Post
Valley Division Playoffs

Thoughts?
I will take Renfrew in 5 games. Wolves just have to much
And Almonte in 6. Thunder have been able to do whats needed lately.

Go ahead and rip my picks apart.

Old
02-17-2014, 05:57 AM
hockeylover116

Quote:
Thoughts on the RSL awards this year?

Old
02-17-2014, 09:18 AM
backrow

Quote:
Valley Division Playoffs

Thoughts?
Arnprior in six games. ( Best goalie in league)
Renfrew in seven games. ( Renfrew in four games if they stay out of the penalty box).

Old
02-17-2014, 09:40 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
I think for best D, I agree that Nichols could have won it, or the one D man from Almonte....Suckow still a very worthy choice anytime I saw he play he think much more about offence than he does about defence .

I think Kealey from Stittsville should have won rookie of the year, toughest position to play in the jungle....the only way we may see him again in this league will be as a 21 year old and I doubt we will even see him then.
I agree that Kealey has been great but he'll have a tough time making CP unless Therrien or Laforest move on.

Old
02-17-2014, 12:39 PM
valleydude

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I agree that Kealey has been great but he'll have a tough time making CP unless Therrien or Laforest move on.
Being a young, local goalie in the CP organization is the kiss of death. Laforest was outstanding in Jr B and still had it tough. Kealey should be looking to get moved someplace more friendly to his situation.

Old
02-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Valley Division Playoffs

Thoughts?
Shawville in 6
Almonte in 6

Old
02-18-2014, 03:52 AM
HawksFanForever

Hawks win 2nd game

A big win for the Winchester Hawks last night as they beat Charlan with one second left to go in the game.Looks like their game has really come together at the right time with great goal tending and the defense as come together with the scoring spread out over the four lines which is a great thing.Looks like Casselman could wrap their series up sooner than most of us thought.

Old
02-18-2014, 05:35 AM
hockeylover116

Looks like the power house OWGK may have bit off a little more than they expected with last nights opening game...

Old
02-18-2014, 08:40 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover116 View Post
Looks like the power house OWGK may have bit off a little more than they expected with last nights opening game...
I know. Those best out of one series are tough...

Old
02-18-2014, 08:57 AM
cchltier1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover116 View Post
IMO OW does not have the defense or goaltending necessary to win a championship.

Old
02-18-2014, 09:03 AM
hockeylover116

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I know. Those best out of one series are tough...
I hope you know I was not referring to it being a "one game series". I know it is a seven game series. But by the way the knights were talked about, they were going to blow Gatineau away, they wouldn't have a chance, they have the best d and forwards. People who have played hockey in the playoffs should know that what happened in the regular season means zero come playoff time. They may have the top scorers but defence wins championships

Closed Thread