HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2014, 10:50 PM
  #251
Mozesmadness
OIL KINGS
 
Mozesmadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 116
How has Dillon Simpson looked this year.

Can you guys summarize his game for me.

Mozesmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 10:14 PM
  #252
goon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
How has Dillon Simpson looked this year.

Can you guys summarize his game for me.
He's looked really solid this year.

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2014, 10:17 PM
  #253
goon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
This weekend, UND takes on the UNO Mavericks, who aren't very good in net or defensively.

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2014, 12:56 PM
  #254
goon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Tickets are still available for this weekend's series. UND Hockey: Nebraska-Omaha and North Dakota set to Battle

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2014, 09:35 PM
  #255
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
I'm starting to hear some rumblings about Hackstol's job around GF. I have no idea if they are serious or not, but I can imagine his seat is a little hot right now.

Northland Wild Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
  #256
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I'm starting to hear some rumblings about Hackstol's job around GF. I have no idea if they are serious or not, but I can imagine his seat is a little hot right now.
I think they're just whispers right now....if UND misses the NCAA Tournament, you can bet that those whispers will grow to loud screams. The GF community expects a lot from their team (and they should), but I'd hate to see a knee-jerk reaction when it comes to firing Haks. One thing to remember is that Zane Gothberg is out of the lineup. And no disrespect to Clarke Saunders, but Zane's the guy that's kept the team in a number of games this season.

BTW, the next time UND meets UNO, they really, really need to study the book of Josh Archibald.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2014, 10:42 AM
  #257
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
I think they're just whispers right now....if UND misses the NCAA Tournament, you can bet that those whispers will grow to loud screams. The GF community expects a lot from their team (and they should), but I'd hate to see a knee-jerk reaction when it comes to firing Haks. One thing to remember is that Zane Gothberg is out of the lineup. And no disrespect to Clarke Saunders, but Zane's the guy that's kept the team in a number of games this season.

BTW, the next time UND meets UNO, they really, really need to study the book of Josh Archibald.
After Archibald was non existant in Friday nights Sioux win you just knew he would have a good game on Saturday. Well he had a great game with a natural hat trick. Dang he would of looked good in a UND jersey.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 01:40 AM
  #258
goon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I'm starting to hear some rumblings about Hackstol's job around GF. I have no idea if they are serious or not, but I can imagine his seat is a little hot right now.
The guy just won his 250th game tonight, Hakstol isn't going anywhere. He has a .645 winning percentage. Who's going to pay the buyout? It would take a lot of money to buy him out if he was fired.

goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 04:00 PM
  #259
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,959
vCash: 500
Goon & Dakota:

You guys have to be thrilled about the complete beat down of Miami by your boys last night. Didn't see the game, but I don't think that game could've ended soon enough for Enrico Blasi & his team. I've seen Miami getting beaten pretty badly over the years, but I think last night just grabbed it all.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 04:55 PM
  #260
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Goon & Dakota:

You guys have to be thrilled about the complete beat down of Miami by your boys last night. Didn't see the game, but I don't think that game could've ended soon enough for Enrico Blasi & his team. I've seen Miami getting beaten pretty badly over the years, but I think last night just grabbed it all.
I listened to the game in my car on the way back from Minot,ND where my son was playing. Could of been 11-2 had they not waved off 2 goals. The sweep was huge as far as pairwise goes. Gets them in a tie for 11th. Now UMD this coming weekend is the biggest series of the year.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 07:10 PM
  #261
Bonk
Registered User
 
Bonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Miami STH here.

I saw Friday's game on the tee vee but not Saturday's. Congratulations to you guys on the sweep and good luck getting into the tournament.

Obviously Miami isn't very good right now, but for those who saw it: Did Miami just give up, or play really bad or was UND that good?

It figures Miami is hosting an NCAA regional and all they have to do is get in and that's clearly not going to happen.

Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 10:10 PM
  #262
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:11 PM
  #263
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 581
Really looking like our series in 2 weeks will decide this league, but if we sweep Miami this week, that could be a real tough hill for UND.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:09 AM
  #264
sfo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk View Post
Miami STH here.

I saw Friday's game on the tee vee but not Saturday's. Congratulations to you guys on the sweep and good luck getting into the tournament.

Obviously Miami isn't very good right now, but for those who saw it: Did Miami just give up, or play really bad or was UND that good?

It figures Miami is hosting an NCAA regional and all they have to do is get in and that's clearly not going to happen.
I thought it was a combination of both last night. I'm not sure anyone would have beat UND last night with the way they were playing. I thought it seemed like Miami started to give up later in the game. When they scored to bring it to 4-1 I think they thought they were still in it. But honestly they did not play well, especially defensively.

I honestly don't know what to make of Miami's season. I was in Oxford for the series in October, and in Grand Forks this weekend for the series, so I've seen them a bit and there was just a huge difference between then and this weekend.

I think your goalies should not play the puck if at all possible because that caused a lot of problems for them this weekend.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:12 AM
  #265
sfo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Really looking like our series in 2 weeks will decide this league, but if we sweep Miami this week, that could be a real tough hill for UND.
I was saying this to my friend at the game last night. Our schedule is super tough with UMD, SCSU and Western Michigan remaining and 2 of those series are on the road. SCSU looked to have a bit of an easier schedule remaining and has the leg up.

I'm sure I will regret not making the trip in to St Cloud for the series in a couple weeks.

sfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 02:55 AM
  #266
Bonk
Registered User
 
Bonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
I thought it was a combination of both last night. I'm not sure anyone would have beat UND last night with the way they were playing. I thought it seemed like Miami started to give up later in the game. When they scored to bring it to 4-1 I think they thought they were still in it. But honestly they did not play well, especially defensively.

I honestly don't know what to make of Miami's season. I was in Oxford for the series in October, and in Grand Forks this weekend for the series, so I've seen them a bit and there was just a huge difference between then and this weekend.

I think your goalies should not play the puck if at all possible because that caused a lot of problems for them this weekend.
Thanks. Miami's had that problem with its goalies for about a month now, which seemingly came out of nowhere.

We don't know what happened either. The UND-Miami series in Oxford was great, then Miami blew a late lead vs. Wisconsin and the season spiraled out of control after that.

It looks like the Sioux are peaking at the right time and you should be a force in the postseason next month. I wish you guys the best.

Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2014, 09:53 PM
  #267
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
Nice win tonight. UND was in control from beginning to end.

Northland Wild Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2014, 09:56 PM
  #268
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Big sweep. Huge weekend coming up in St. Cloud.


Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2014, 03:52 PM
  #269
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2014, 12:14 PM
  #270
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Sioux at 10 for pairwise. Need at least a split in Cloud town this weekend to stay there. Then it's Western Michigan at home to close out regular season before hosting an opening playoff series. Like their chances of making the tourney a hell of a lot better than I did a month ago.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 10:21 PM
  #271
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 581
Holy crap what a good series.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2014, 09:10 AM
  #272
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Holy crap what a good series.
I believe that is 12 years and counting that neither team has swept in St Cloud.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2014, 04:15 PM
  #273
Rabid Husky
Registered User
 
Rabid Husky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I believe that is 12 years and counting that neither team has swept in St Cloud.
Yep. Last sweep was us in 02.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 10:19 PM
  #274
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,746
vCash: 500
Looks like it's all going to come down to tomorrow night in the NCHC.

Northland Wild Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2014, 11:05 AM
  #275
Dakota Sioux
Registered User
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,572
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
Looks like it's all going to come down to tomorrow night in the NCHC.
Couldn't ask for a better scenario for the inaugural season in the NCHC.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.