HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa (Merged with Poll)

View Poll Results: Are You a Hossa Supporter?
YES -I always Hoped for the best with him 108 55.10%
YES -I was not a supporter of him at the start of this season but i'm liking him now! 63 32.14%
NO - I wasn't a supporter of him and despite him playing better he shouldnt be on the Team 11 5.61%
NO - I wasnt a supporter of him from the start, still not. 14 7.14%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Geogaddi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post
No, I dont support him. Ok, so he is having a couple good games, thats what happens when you play with the GREAT JAGR. And thats a fact. this kid Hossa is a bust and will never live up to be like anything his brother is.he is jut a good utility player who can fill in where you need a player at the moment be it 1st line or 4th, thats IMO.
Ignorant really. He ISNT Marian. Get past that and take a look at how well he plays his own game.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Deville View Post
We need to trade this guy ASAP while his stock is high, we will never ever ever have a better chance to jettison this dead weight and get a decent return than NOW!
I must agree, he will never be anything as I posted my opinion in FlyLines thread ( Hossa supporter or not ? )already about what i think of him. So yes while he looks good get rid of him if we can cause he will stink it up else where.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
No, I dont support him. Ok, so he is having a couple good games, thats what happens when you play with the GREAT JAGR. And thats a fact. this kid Hossa is a bust and will never live up to be like anything his brother is.he is jut a good utility player who can fill in where you need a player at the moment be it 1st line or 4th, thats IMO.

Ward played with Jagr and still played like garbage.

And what does "This kid Hossa is a bust and will never live up to be like anything his brother is"...what does that have to do with MARCEL at all???????? NOTHING. They are DIFFERENT PEOPLE. They are not a clone of each other. If you think he is going to be like his brother then OBVIOUSLY you will be in for a let down. C'on man, think a bit..thats just dumb to put him down because he isn't like his god damn brother.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Ward played with Jagr and still played like garbage.
Yes I understand but i think Hossa has alot more of an upside than Ward does.

What is Hossa game, the kid is neither gonna be a good first or second liner player if not he is useless, didnt like him then and still dont now. my opinion wont change, until I see constant steadiness from him, he is to unrreliable and inconsistant. But renney and Staher are so high on him its ridiculous.

Sather likes grabbing 1st round busts and hoping they become super stars and so far he is way the **** off.

im not putting him down but he was a first rounder and he is no more than a 3rd / 4th liner, so I dont see why Sather and Renney love him so, as for everyone else on this board,well they will knock him on the reg, but he has a couple good games and now everyone loves him and im hearing ******** from every dope on here, that ll the sudden" lets lo\ve Hossa for who he is". i been on these boards for 3-4 yeas already and the same people are here and there opinions never change and neither does the retardedness.

When people are playing bad every one knocks them, when there playing great every one loves them.

once Hossa starts suckigng again I expect to see a " LETS TRADE HOSSA THREAD", its common on these boards, its almost a joke, which Is why i post like one or 2 things eevery so often, i cant even really take the board seriously, expect for maybe a couple guys like Fletch and mellrpose who seem to always have there heads straight. As for everyone else,well I dont now, I guess, the bset thing to say is your all really good people and Im lad to be a member here on HF.

Last edited by Prucha25Graves988*: 02-11-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old
02-11-2007, 01:13 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Didnt like him last year, but towards the end showed me something. Kudos for Renney sticking with him. There was a point earlier in the season where i think he found himself a little bit and realized he couldnt go through people or swing it to the net every time he got the puck below the goaline. Hes become very good along the boards and continues to impress me each night with a new twist of his game. His passion level has risen and now hes scoring. Hes in the right places, hes keeping plays alive. Hes beating the opposition to the puck, hes possessing the puck with purpose, and kills penalties very well.

Quite honestly i never though id be saying all these things about him but the kid played a hell of game last night.

I dont know if its gonna last but i sure hope it does, he is slowly becoming a very very good aquisition. IM surpised and excited.

Who cares if he isnt like his brother? If he useful to the team in other ways, he doesnt have to be. IN all seriousness, Hossa doesnt need to pop in goals on a daily basis to benefit this team. Theres been night when hes played tremendous and hasnt had a point. Of course you love some production from the lower line players. Some say the points come because hes with Jagr but many players had chances this year with the top lines and it looks like Hossa may fit the best. I like how the lines are distributed now. They seem to be much more balanced because the attention is being spread around. Its ashame the Rangers didnt ge this going sooner because its probably too late.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 02-11-2007 at 01:18 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:20 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
so 10 out of 14 people so far supported him at the beginning of the season... sure, ok.

I didn't like him much for most of last season, but he steadily grew on me from about the trade deadline on.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:21 AM
HenrikO'doyle

I didnt support him before and I dont support him now...just yet. Hes had 2 good games but I need to see more. Last year I was frustrated with Hossa and questioned why he was on the team and playing. All he could do was hold onto the puck and not do anything with it. However, Renney stuck with him(and Orr) and we can see both of them getting better.

With that said 2 good games isnt enough yet to prove anything. I want to see more good games from him, we all know he can have 1 or 2 good games and then dissapear for 6 weeks. However he is showing great promise and if he keeps this up I will be a fan. Its just too early yet for the shots to be called, however he is playing better now with top line minutes.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Pizza

I love a good story and Marcel is that.

A physically gifted athlete who plays in the shadow of his superstar brother. Selected in the first round by a legendary Original Six franchise and subsequently cast aside after busting. Mentored by an unlikely but endlessly patient coach and taken under wing by an enigmatic superstar. Continued struggles and derision by fans. And finally beginning to find his game just when the beleaguered team that adopts him needs him most.

If you don't like this story, you don't have a pulse. Of course I support him..but thanks for asking

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:

im not putting him down but he was a first rounder and he is no more than a 3rd / 4th liner,

once Hossa starts suckigng again I expect to see a " LETS TRADE HOSSA THREAD", its common on these boards, its almost a joke, which Is why i post like one or 2 things eevery so often, i cant even really take the board seriously, expect for maybe a couple guys like Fletch and mellrpose who seem to always have there heads straight. As for everyone else,well I dont now, I guess, the bset thing to say is your all really good people and Im lad to be a member here on HF.
How is he suppost to be that 1st rounder when he hasnt had the chance to play on a Top line? He's Taken his time as a 3rd liner and has finally been given a chance. His Confidence with the Puck is getting Better and Better. Jagr is Constantly talking to him when on the Bench, and Hossa is Thriving so far while learning from the likes of Jags.

As for the Trade Hossa Threads...there still around even when he is Producing. So there Going to pop up Probably when he goes Scoreless in a game.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:

What is Hossa game, the kid is neither gonna be a good first or second liner player if not he is useless, didnt like him then and still dont now. my opinion wont change, until I see constant steadiness from him, he is to unrreliable and inconsistant. But renney and Staher are so high on him its ridiculous.

Sather likes grabbing 1st round busts and hoping they become super stars and so far he is way the **** off.

im not putting him down but he was a first rounder and he is no more than a 3rd / 4th liner, so I dont see why Sather and Renney love him so, as for everyone else on this board,well they will knock him on the reg, but he has a couple good games and now everyone loves him and im hearing ******** from every dope on here, that ll the sudden" lets lo\ve Hossa for who he is". i been on these boards for 3-4 yeas already and the same people are here and there opinions never change and neither does the retardedness.

When people are playing bad every one knocks them, when there playing great every one loves them.

you're clearly so superior to us, you should have your own message board where only you Scotty Bowman, and Leonardo da Vinci are allowed to post.

but seriously, yeah there's a tendency to support the players playing well more than those who aren't (imagine that), but there's some who have supported Hossa even when he wasn't scoring. I think Marcel Hossa is a good player, so does FLY, same with Tom Renney and Glen Sather. but obviously none of us have are heads screwed on because we have a differing opinion from you.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:27 AM
EagleBelfour

Quote:

Atlanta trade Dany Heatley for MARIAN Hossa.

Rangers trade Garth Murray for MARCEL Hossa

You can't say Marcel is a disappointment because he isn't as good as his brother. That's just plain stupid. From what I saw, Hossa as been playing better in his defensive zone and he's a good PK'er. If he can keep those aspect of his game while scoring around 10 goals a season, he can be a important players for the Rags.

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post

A physically gifted athlete who plays in the shadow of his superstar brother. Selected in the first round by a legendary Original Six franchise and subsequently cast aside after busting. Mentored by an unlikely but endlessly patient coach and taken under wing by an enigmatic superstar. Continued struggles and derision by fans. And finally beginning to find his game just when the beleaguered team that adopts him needs him most.

If you don't like this story, you don't have a pulse. Of course I support him..but thanks for asking

Wow, that was emotional,seriously it was. It has me in tears.

Old
02-11-2007, 01:29 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Hossa has always shown moments of INCREDIBLE play. His problem has always been consistency. He has ABSOLUTELY been getting better and better this season.

02-11-2007, 01:37 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I have been supporting him all year in every thread. Ive said it before and Ill say it again he is one of our few bright spots this season

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:43 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
OK, we just won two HUGE games, much in part to Hossa's great play, and we're starting to look like a playoff team and you want to trade him NOW. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe...just maybe he really is a good player and is starting to break out? I'm not saying this is the case, but I think it's a possibility and would be very upset if we traded him now. That being said, knowing the Rangers, they probably will trade him tomorrow and he'll become a superstar.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Hossa's been fantastic for the last two months. One of our most unheralded players out there. And now we want to trade him?!
Sure why not. I know more about hockey than Renney, Sather and Maloney don't you. Lets bring back Garth Murray for him

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Balej20*

Marion said Marcel used to beat him one on one all the time when they were kids.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:08 AM
NewYorkStranger

I support everyone thats ever worn the colors outside of bobby holik and purinton.

NewYorkStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:29 AM
xander

Quote:

you sir, have won!

I was abot to offer te usual: He's a decemt [;ayer, that isn't e answer respncie (which is true), but your reply was so good that i've desided to give complete defferance to it. Huzza˙!!!! carry on!

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:31 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:44 AM
dynamoovechkin

Yeah, the guy has been solid defensively, and you can see the skills are there, if not the instincts with the puck. More importantly, now that he has been elevated to the first line, it gives Marty Straka (our most consistently good player all year IMO) more room to manouver at center ice and gives the second line Nylander, who can advance the puck and find Shanny with some nice passes in the sweet spot.

Renney- good on you, you sly dog. You had faith in this guy when everyone else didn't- OK, you can stay.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:51 AM
TheZherdev

haha i love how the majority here say they always knew he would be this good. We all know thats a lie. There are only about 10% of you that supported hossa during the rough part of his progression.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
shut up idiot. period. you're the kind of guy who I want to fight once I'm liquored up enough at the bar

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Block More Shots

I was hard on the kid earlier in the season but I've seen nothing but good things from the way he plays for about 2 months now. That goal against TB was nice...just roofed it on Holmqvist and made him look silly. I'll admit, I was never a big Hossa supporter but I'm glad that he's proving me wrong and becoming a good player. He was one of those players that always left something to be desired...a very frustrating player to watch sometimes. Renney has done well with him though and it looks like his persistence in developing Hossa has paid off. Let's just hope he keeps it up because his scoring can really help this team out down the stretch.

The weird thing is that I've seen the stretches of games that Hossa has played well and then just started slumping again and it's absolutely nothing like what's going on now. You can just see the confidence he's showing out on the ice...like when he scored tonight against the Caps. He made a good move to skate ahead of two defenseman to catch the puck and make a nice pass to the point. That eventually set up a shot and rebound that would give Hossa the goal.

This is definitely a new Marcel Hossa.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:34 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Hossa is talented. Great along the boards..decent hands..good shot. The boy has got some confidence now and is playing WELL. I've been pulling for the guy and really hope he can continue the great play. Great defensive forward and a solid offensive player. Really liking the kid.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote