HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Avalounge: Where Everybody Knows Your Name! (Cheers Theme Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCalderHero View Post
That game killed me. I zoned after Frances brilliant start, then got back into it as England came back, and BOOM the French ruin it and score again. I still think England has a chance of winning but its going to tough. Lots of good games to come.

And that Ireland All blacks game was crazy. I felt so sorry for Brian O'Driscoll he is such a legend of the game and it wasn't right he was forced off by injury. Then having to retake the kick at the end was great drama.
Heartbreaking I'd say (btw they're two of my favorite teams), it was pretty amazing to see the All Blacks complete their perfect season, but at the same time it was just gut wrenching to see the Irish lose when they were so close to winning that game. Hopefully they take the 6 nations.

Old
02-18-2014, 04:46 AM
The Merchant
Buyin' and Sellin'

vCash: 500
True Detective has made me re-evaluate what television is capable of in five episodes nearly as much as Breaking Bad did in five seasons.

Old
02-18-2014, 05:23 AM
Teuras
Registered offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Good luck, hope you get the job.
The guy said I set the bar high and if the other applicants turn out to be better than me, he would still want to hire me at a later point. I'll get the word tomorrow. Looking good

Old
02-18-2014, 05:34 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Heartbreaking I'd say (btw they're two of my favorite teams), it was pretty amazing to see the All Blacks complete their perfect season, but at the same time it was just gut wrenching to see the Irish lose when they were so close to winning that game. Hopefully they take the 6 nations.
I agreed with everything you said...

Up until the bold.

Old
02-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
I agreed with everything you said...

Up until the bold.
I just can't force myself to root for England, but I have an awful lot of respect for their team (well expect Ashton), just like for the French.

By the way I feel really bad for Scotland, they've fallen off really badly, I doubt they'll even beat Italy.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:16 AM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
I just can't force myself to root for England, but I have an awful lot of respect for their team (well expect Ashton), just like for the French.

By the way I feel really bad for Scotland, they've fallen off really badly, I doubt they'll even beat Italy.
I hate Chris Ashton with a passion. He's played for the two club teams I hate the most and he's all about the glory without any of the hard work. Him, Farrell and Barratt are the England players I don't like. We've been progressing year on year but feel we've taken a step back this year. Tuilagi is a beast so missing him hurts a lot.

I thought Scotland were getting better as well but again this year they look terrible. Its a shame because they have some good players.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:31 AM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merchant View Post
True Detective has made me re-evaluate what television is capable of in five episodes nearly as much as Breaking Bad did in five seasons.
Agreed, It really is fantastic. Keeps getting better, every single episode. It's actually made me stop caring about the Walking Dead on sundays. Even though they are on complete different hemispheres when it comes to type of shows. It blows the storytelling, quality of acting and writing out of the water. I'm hooked.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:49 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
True Detective is pretty damn awesome. My concern with the show is that it will end up as a collection of miniseries instead of an actual TV series with the lack of connection season to season. So in that instance, I will wait to see how it stacks up against the best TV series like Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, etc.

Started watching House of Cards season 2, yeah... that show is great.

Old
02-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuras View Post
The guy said I set the bar high and if the other applicants turn out to be better than me, he would still want to hire me at a later point. I'll get the word tomorrow. Looking good
Congrats!

Old
02-18-2014, 11:33 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I like your avy shermy.

Completely OT but has anyone been to the WJC? I was thinking of going to next years tournament since it's right next door but have a few questions, do I have to buy the tickets in packages? I've seen prices like 2,000$ for like 15 games or something like that. Really all I want is like 5 games or so. SEPH,Hench,anyone been there?
Sorry D2M, sadly I have never been to one, but I do know that I believe it is a package. Systemfel, the mod on the Olympic forum would be your best bet to ask. It might be too early for information though.

Quote:
1. Hockey
2. Handball
3. Rugby Union

Watch the All Blacks @ Ireland game from December on youtube if you get a chance.
I just got into Rugby a couple years ago and sadly the only tourney I get to watch is the Six Nations. I get all these other rugby games, but it is played with half of the players and involves USA which pretty much sucks. I am also trying to understand some of the penalties still.

My list
1. Hockey
2. Football (Arsenal and Deutschland/Poland)
3A. Tennis (Poland and everyone except Nadal. Actually been really enjoying Wawrinka's game)
3B. Rugby (Wales)

I'm starting to get into Gaelic Football, but there is absolutely no coverage anywhere in USA and I hate online streams (the worst thing ever).

Quote:
That game killed me. I zoned after Frances brilliant start, then got back into it as England came back, and BOOM the French ruin it and score again. I still think England has a chance of winning but its going to tough. Lots of good games to come.

And that Ireland All blacks game was crazy. I felt so sorry for Brian O'Driscoll he is such a legend of the game and it wasn't right he was forced off by injury. Then having to retake the kick at the end was great drama.
After England took the league, France looked like they were done. Still shocked that they came back. How good is Twelvetrees? Because he was pretty damn good in that game.

I go for Wales because Halfpenny is one of the most entertaining players you can watch in rugby.

Alright boys I will definitely watch the All blacks game!!!!!

Old
02-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

My son watched some curling with me yesterday.
He had a bunch of questions about it.
I had very few answers...

Old
02-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Okay, do any of you guys understand the way that UEFA Financial Fair Play rules work, because I don't understand them.

For example, my Benfica side is essentially broke. We have essentially zero assets left, and if you go to the finance page the projected balance is in the red. We are also in debt.

That said, when I go to my financial fair play page, it says that my teams profit for the period is like 75 million dollars. This greatly confuses me.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:45 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merchant View Post
That last episode was brilliant. After reading some of the theories in the True Detective thread, my mind was blown. At first I thought people comparing this show with some of the best was a bit ridiculous because it was so early but after that last episode, I can't disagree with them.

Old
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
If It's women's curling tell him to focus on the players , he shouldnt have any more questions

Old
02-18-2014, 01:03 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
If It's women's curling tell him to focus on the players , he shouldnt have any more questions

If it's men's curling, teach him how to tap a keg, he shouldn't have any more questions.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
Quote:
Throw your stones closest to the centre of the circles.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-18-2014, 01:35 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
1. Baseball
2~ everything else

Being sick on an exam day is the worst.

Old
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
1. Baseball
2~ everything else

Being sick on an exam day is the worst.
I would have agreed last February but not anymore.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:06 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

Baseball is barely a sport.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Bricky is definately GOAT.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

Of course it was women's curling. I see no reason at all to watch men's curling.

Old
02-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

I actually prefer watching womens curling over the men, but I don't know why. And I mean the actual curling, you creeps.

Old
02-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Rhaego

Old
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
AdamCalderHero
Blaze = UK Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Sorry D2M, sadly I have never been to one, but I do know that I believe it is a package. Systemfel, the mod on the Olympic forum would be your best bet to ask. It might be too early for information though.

I just got into Rugby a couple years ago and sadly the only tourney I get to watch is the Six Nations. I get all these other rugby games, but it is played with half of the players and involves USA which pretty much sucks. I am also trying to understand some of the penalties still.

My list
1. Hockey
2. Football (Arsenal and Deutschland/Poland)
3A. Tennis (Poland and everyone except Nadal. Actually been really enjoying Wawrinka's game)
3B. Rugby (Wales)

I'm starting to get into Gaelic Football, but there is absolutely no coverage anywhere in USA and I hate online streams (the worst thing ever).

After England took the league, France looked like they were done. Still shocked that they came back. How good is Twelvetrees? Because he was pretty damn good in that game.

I go for Wales because Halfpenny is one of the most entertaining players you can watch in rugby.

Alright boys I will definitely watch the All blacks game!!!!!

Twelvetree's is a sore point for me because we developed him at my local club Leicester before he moved on to get regular first team rugby whereas i feel he shouldve stayed and fought for his place (same happened with George Ford who might play for England next game). He's big, strong and got great hands, he can really do it all he just needs to round out his game a bit and be more consistent.

Halfpenny is a cracking player so I don't blame you. That whole Wales team is exciting especially George North that guys a beast.

On the penalties, they are hard to see on tv, but most of the time they will be because one of the teams is doing something to prevent the other team getting the ball at a ruck (you have to be on your feet to stop the other team and you cant touch it with your hands, also the tackled player must release the ball as soon as he is tackled)

Old
02-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Rhaego

My picture is funny. **** you guys

Closed Thread