HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devante Smith-Pelly

Old
02-15-2014, 06:50 PM
Big Daddy Cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHabs View Post
Markov
Lehkonen

Silfverberg/Smith-Pelly
Sbisa
1st round pick
I would pass

Big Daddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Methots Exactly

As a Washington fan I would love to aquire DSP with the potential of him playing opposite of Tom Wilson in the future. They both are big boys with speed and skill.

Any interest in a DSP for a Dman of similar value like Schilling/Schmidt?

Methots Exactly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 08:11 PM
DavidBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methots Exactly View Post
As a Washington fan I would love to aquire DSP with the potential of him playing opposite of Tom Wilson in the future. They both are big boys with speed and skill.

Any interest in a DSP for a Dman of similar value like Schilling/Schmidt?
Not really. If the Ducks move young assets it will be in a package for an NHL upgrade. There are no prospect needs that warrant that kind of swap. Stick with the players you know rather than those you don't if you're not addressing any organizational need.

DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHabs View Post
Markov
Lehkonen

Silfverberg/Smith-Pelly
Sbisa
1st round pick
For the 1000th time, the Ducks dont need Markov. Especially not bad enough to give anywhere near that.

We could add to the package you just proposed and get someone that isnt 35. Someone that hasnt played more then 70 games in only 4 of their 12 years . Someone that actually fits a need for the Ducks.Someone that is signed longed then the next 20 games.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 10:55 PM
Methots Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
Not really. If the Ducks move young assets it will be in a package for an NHL upgrade. There are no prospect needs that warrant that kind of swap. Stick with the players you know rather than those you don't if you're not addressing any organizational need.
I get that they may want an NHL upgrade and that's fine, but what exactly is meant by this? Who exactly don't I know?

Also, maybe a guy like Eric Fehr would be a better NHL upgrade. Not sure what else you need there.

Old
02-18-2014, 02:28 AM
jeffl97

Quote:
I get that they may want an NHL upgrade and that's fine, but what exactly is meant by this? Who exactly don't I know?

Also, maybe a guy like Eric Fehr would be a better NHL upgrade. Not sure what else you need there.
What he's saying is [Anaheim] should stick with the player they are familiar with [DSP], rather than trade for a player they are unfamiliar with [WSH prospects] if the trade does not fill an organizational need.

jeffl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 02:49 AM
Methots Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
What he's saying is [Anaheim] should stick with the player they are familiar with [DSP], rather than trade for a player they are unfamiliar with [WSH prospects] if the trade does not fill an organizational need.
Right. Thanks for the clarification.
And apologies to David.

Old
02-18-2014, 04:10 AM
DavidBL

Quote:
Right. Thanks for the clarification.
And apologies to David.
No worries. Glad Jeff was able to clarify for me.

As for Fehr, we have a similar player in Winnik I think. Maybe if they felt they didn't want to resign Winnik this summer or that he will Cost too much. But I doubt Winniks price tag would really scare BM into adding a guy like Fehr at the cost of DSP. Heck DSP may just straight replace Winnik next year. Ducks are real deep in the in middle 6 players. You could argue we run 3 3rd ish quality lines rather than a traditional 2nd, 3rd, 4th. What the Ducks could probably use most is higher end talent. Either for the "2nd" line or a top 4 D that isn't a rookie.

Last edited by DavidBL: 02-18-2014 at 04:17 AM.
DavidBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Raymoondo
Swag Master

EYY I watched him when he was with Mississauga. I love him as a player.

Raymoondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:53 AM
OnTheBrink

vCash: 50
50% retained on one of N. Schultz/Hemsky + Musil + pick. Ana gets a rental for this year up front or on back end, a D prospect who is having a pretty good year in the AHL, and a pick, would go up to 2015 2nd rounder. Think DSP would be a great fit in Oilers top 9 going forward.

OnTheBrink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 12:28 PM
quackquackquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I think him, Sbisa and Ottawa's 1st would be enough to get Girardi out of New York.
Change it to Anaheim's first and I would do that in a heartbeat.

quackquackquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheBrink View Post
50% retained on one of N. Schultz/Hemsky + Musil + pick. Ana gets a rental for this year up front or on back end, a D prospect who is having a pretty good year in the AHL, and a pick, would go up to 2015 2nd rounder. Think DSP would be a great fit in Oilers top 9 going forward.
Where exactly does N. Schultz fit in?

We don't really need a D prospect who is having a pretty good year. We have Lindholm, Vatanen, Theodore, etc...

DSP is more valuable then anything there simply due to need. DSP looks to be Winnik's replacement next year IMO. He's only dealt as part of a package for a better player.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Methots Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBL View Post
No worries. Glad Jeff was able to clarify for me.

As for Fehr, we have a similar player in Winnik I think. Maybe if they felt they didn't want to resign Winnik this summer or that he will Cost too much. But I doubt Winniks price tag would really scare BM into adding a guy like Fehr at the cost of DSP. Heck DSP may just straight replace Winnik next year. Ducks are real deep in the in middle 6 players. You could argue we run 3 3rd ish quality lines rather than a traditional 2nd, 3rd, 4th. What the Ducks could probably use most is higher end talent. Either for the "2nd" line or a top 4 D that isn't a rookie.
Yeah, that makes sense. I think it's time to let go of my pipe dream and realize we just don't have the pieces to get it done. I agree that I think DSP could be in that spot next year, especially after the huge rookie season he had last year. I love the kid but all Wash has to offer are underachievers with big contracts. Which sucks big time.

Old
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Roof Daddy

Would love to have him on the Oil. How about...

To ANH: Petry, Smyth

To EDM: DSP, Sbisa

Ducks get their RHD who can play 2nd pair and a versatile veteran forward who can play all roles (PP in front of the net, PK). No doubt Smyth is nothing more than a 4th liner at this point, but he'll be very motivated knowing this is his last shot at a cup.

For the Oil, we get a young bang and crash 3rd liner (with possible 2nd line upside???) and a D man who plays a similar game to Petry, but has struggled this year.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote