HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***ALL Forsberg Rumours Here***

Old
02-11-2007, 01:56 AM
haramjada*

vCash: 500
even though im optimistic about the habs being a playoff team, i don't think peter forsberg will put them over the top to win the stanley cup.

in my opinion, teams should only grossly overpay for rentals when they have a legit shot of winning it all.

I think the cost forsberg will be too much.
i want to keep the youth intact! Kost, grabs and price in particular.

haramjada* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:57 AM
Traitor8

Eklund: Forsberg to MTL intensifies

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5382

"Well I am told that you can add Montreal to the list now for Peter. One thing is looking more and more certain. We will have resolution on Peter in the next 18- 72 hours. I would pay alot more attention around here tomorrow then you would on an average Sunday"

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 07:37 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5382

"Well I am told that you can add Montreal to the list now for Peter. One thing is looking more and more certain. We will have resolution on Peter in the next 18- 72 hours. I would pay alot more attention around here tomorrow then you would on an average Sunday"
Well, everyone knows that BG has GOT to make a move, just not sure it will be for Foppa...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:05 AM
ari1160

i was watching tsn and forsberg wants to go to west ....

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Kaktus*

1. Considering that Habs suck and desperate (no disrespect but this is true)
2. Considering Detroit, Ducks maybe NYR and god knows who else are in the picture creating bidding war
3. Considering Flyers are trying to re-sign Peter (this is true)
4. Considering that Forsberg is playing out of his mind and injury free (this is also true)

I hope it will take an overpayment to get Forsberg. Habs have a lot of decent prospects and I would love to see Price, Fischer and conditional 1st round and lets say Niinimaa for Forsberg. These two prospects will address Flyers needs.

If not, re-sign Peter why trade trade him? So before I will get flamed I just want to point out that you have to give up a lot in order to get a lot and the way Habs are playing now..

Habs still have Denis and Halak as well as Valentenko and Emelin.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 02-11-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 09:39 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
1. Considering that Habs suck and desperate (no disrespect but this is true)
2. Considering Detroit, Ducks maybe NYR and god knows who else are in the picture creating bidding war
4. Considering that Forsberg is playing out of his mind and injury free (this is also true)

I hope it will take an overpayment to get Forsberg. Habs have a lot of decent prospects and I would love to see Price, Fischer and conditional 1st round and lets say Niinimaa for Forsberg. These two prospects will address Flyers needs.

If not, re-sign Peter why trade trade him? So before I will get flamed I just want to point out that you have to give up a lot in order to get a lot and the way Habs are playing now..

We'd give up Halak before Price.. I'd do the trade if it was Halak instead of Price. And the conditional first round should only be if Montreal resigns Forsberg.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Marc-E-

Well, the Fourth period and the Montreal Gazette have something else to say than Eklund:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl070210.html

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Habitant#1

Let's say we acquire Forsberg. What are the odds of him resigning? Otherwise I don't think it's worth it.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Marc-E-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
Let's say we acquire Forsberg. What are the odds of him resigning? Otherwise I don't think it's worth it.
That's true. We don't have a goaltender as Brodeur type; even not a dominant player who can scores 40 + goals; no defensman "à la" Lidstrom, Niedermayer or Pronger. I feel that Forsberg is headed to Anaheim, Detroit or Vancouver.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
znk

The way the team is playing right now...I think Forsberg wouldnt wave his NTC for montreal as of today.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Habitant#1

The latest Eklund:
"A source has told me that IF the Flyers aren't going to re-sign Peter right now, the current asking price for Forsberg is "high."..Rumor is maybe a #1, #2, and a prospect.

Montreal looks to be possibly the team that is willing to offer the most. It is quite possible that the Flyers will start the officila bidding today..."
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5391

Old
02-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Get it done and turn this ship around.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:32 PM
MathMan

Quote:
"A source has told me that IF the Flyers aren't going to re-sign Peter right now, the current asking price for Forsberg is "high."..Rumor is maybe a #1, #2, and a prospect.
That is a lot, but if that 1st is conditional (to re-signing Forsberg, or to making the third round/Finals), and depending on the prospect (ie. not Price ), it just might be worth it.

If Montreal is after Forsberg (a big if, IMO), Montreal has a high third to offer, so in theory they could go Montreal's first + Washington's third + prospect. Considering Montreal's first is very likely to be better than Anaheim's, Nashville's, or Detroit's, that could be competitive.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Cyrrus147

A montreal 1st pick is a lot more interesting than a Detroit/Anaheim first pick.

A Detroit/Anaheim first pick is mostly like a second round pick.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Habitant#1

Will our pick still be more valuable afer we acqurie Forsberg?

Old
02-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Habs514

Come on Bob. Make it happen.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Will our pick still be more valuable afer we acqurie Forsberg?
All these teams have at least 12 points over the Habs. Can the Habs make up that deficit in 25 games?

Doubtful.

Old
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
All these teams have at least 12 points over the Habs. Can the Habs make up that deficit in 25 games?

Doubtful.
I meant unless we draft 30th, if you know what I mean.

Old
02-11-2007, 03:30 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The way the team is playing right now...I think Forsberg wouldnt wave his NTC for montreal as of today.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Forsberg is nor an idiot nor a masochist.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Its quite obvious that Montreal has struggles but he can see what we can do if we get back on track, it is not that hard to do, everyone must get back on page. team chemistry is low, confidence is low, morale is low, all things the Habs will work on. Remember last year when we major slumped and Bob came in. Carbonneau may have lost a lot of the respect in the room, but everyone knows our potential.

Forsberg to Montreal large possibilty, everyone has a huge amount of respect for Saku Koivu.

Old
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5397

Andy Strickland is usually on the ball, especially on the Blues and he says Tkachuk and Guerin are plan B and C for the Habs if Forsberg is moved quite possibly to Vancouver to play with Markus Naslund, he also has stated Canada is a place he would like to play.

Old
02-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Cyrrus147

The problem with Vancouver is the lack of good prospects. Except Bourdon ( who had a disappointing performance with the Canucks earlier this season ), I don't see many interesting prospects.

On the other side, the Habs have guys like Halak, Price, Kostistyn, Grabovsky or even Yemelin who might be ready to play in the NHL.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
1. Considering that Habs suck and desperate (no disrespect but this is true)2. Considering Detroit, Ducks maybe NYR and god knows who else are in the picture creating bidding war

"Habs suck..." : right now, yeah...it's a bad slump and they just might start winning (again) sooner than later. I would definitely NOT want to be a Flyers' fan right now though, 'cause they don't just suck, it's a lot worse than that (no disrespect as you also wrote).

Carey Price, Fischer, 1sr round pick for...2 months of Forsberg ? (you'll have to add Pitkanen and Carter if you want Price, 1st round, and Fischer for...2 months of Forsberg, not 5 years of Forsberg).
NO WAY that GAINEY does this.

Carey Price has the potential to be a franchise goalie for a long, long time. You don't trade that for a 2 month rental. (I wouldn't).

"Habs still have Danis, Halak, as well as Valentenko and Emelin" : I'll tell you what...how about a 1st rounder, Danis and Emelin for Forsberg?
(This way we won't "still have" Danis and some of the rest as you mentioned..., you'll be glad to take 'em for Forsberg, no?).

We'll keep Price, Halak, Fischer...

If Forsberg can RE-sign with us (Habs) for at least 3-4-5 years...now that's another topic! But, 2 months only? I'll let Detroit or Vancouver (Luc Bourdon?) overpay for your 2 months of Foppa!!

10-15 years and maybe more of Carey Price >>>>>> 2 months of Forsberg (& I'm a huuuge Foppa fan)

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-11-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Teufelsdreck

Since Souray certainly will leave, why not trade him for Forsberg--this week if possible? There's a slim hope that Forsberg might be persuaded to re-sign, none for Souray. Forsberg (if healthy) could contribute at least as much as Souray for the remainder of this season. The Flyers could then put Souray on the market, and at this point Souray might fetch more of a return for the Flyers than Forsberg would.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Since Souray certainly will leave, why not trade him for Forsberg? There's a slim hope that Forsberg might be persuaded to re-sign, none for Souray.
I think the odds of re-signing Souray are higher than Forsberg, but the main problem with this scenario is that the Flyers are rebuilding, and they have no use for a Sheldon Souray who will leave at the end of the year.