HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

when reasoner went down, the team died

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2004, 06:45 AM
mrush

vCash: 500
when reasoner went down, the team died

imo if reasoner never got hurt this team would be much better. reasoner was going to have a breakout season this year and he was showing lots of it before he got injured. He is 100x better than horcoff, horcoff wouldnt be the #1 man because reasoner would be here. oates wouldnt have signed, and we would be so much better without him. He taught the oilers how to win faceoffs? im sure management could have paid him a couple of grand to teach the centres that. the pk wouldnt have gone out that streak of allowing a pp goal like in 10+ games. reasoner was the key to this season because with comrie out of the picture, reasoner was going to be the #2 guy to york. when reasoner crashed into the boards with marchment i knew it was serious. the guy is classy and can actually speak well for an interview unlike smyth and the others. **** is he ever coming back this year??

Old
02-02-2004, 06:50 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
You know, I said at the half way point when ppl did the MVP thing that he was it before he got hurt. Not a doubt in my mind people would simply laugh when thinking of Marchant not being resigned if Reasoner doesn't get hurt. He was the glue that held this team together up the middle IMO. I agree with you fully that when Reasoner went into the boards, the Oilers didn't just lose Reasoner, they probably lost the playoffs.

Old
02-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
imo if reasoner never got hurt this team would be much better. reasoner was going to have a breakout season this year and he was showing lots of it before he got injured. He is 100x better than horcoff, horcoff wouldnt be the #1 man because reasoner would be here. oates wouldnt have signed, and we would be so much better without him. He taught the oilers how to win faceoffs? im sure management could have paid him a couple of grand to teach the centres that. the pk wouldnt have gone out that streak of allowing a pp goal like in 10+ games. reasoner was the key to this season because with comrie out of the picture, reasoner was going to be the #2 guy to york. when reasoner crashed into the boards with marchment i knew it was serious. the guy is classy and can actually speak well for an interview unlike smyth and the others. **** is he ever coming back this year??
That's one of the reasons for "No Touch Icing". They had a poll asking if the NHL should go to "No Touch Icing" because of injuries on the Edmonton Journal online last week. More than 82% were in favour of "No Touch Icing".

I'm actually worried about Reasoner's career. I e-mailed the Oilers last week asking them if Reasoner's injury was career-threatning. I'll post the letter once I get a reply.

OT: Any word of how serious Isbister's injury is. He got injured last night against Los Angeles.

02-02-2004, 04:56 PM
LawnDemon

i've been thinking the same thing myself. seeing horcoff rack up 23 minutes made me think it even more.

reasoner is no first line super star but he is one of the best young 2 way forwards around. he was the gel that made moreau better and pisani useful.

i could give a rats ass if comrie is in the lineup - losing reasoner hurt us much more.

Closed Thread